“Excellent Location”
Review of Crystal Hotel

Crystal Hotel
Ranked #1,057 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The hotel is so good according to the prices of the hotel
The rooms is very clean the open buffet breakfast is very good

But many times they close the air condition and the receptionist is so rood

But you will like the place and its near to the attraction points in Taksim square and there is allot of restaurants

Room Tip: choose higher floras for the vie
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Turkish Airlines provided us with a room at the Crystal Hotel due to an overnight layover in Istanbul. Check-in process was quick, despite the amount of people at the counter. The staff we met were polite, even friendly, and our guestroom and bathroom were very clean. They gave us good recommendations for dinner and generally getting around Taksim Square. This hotel does have a great location, and while it did get a little loud from the street in the evening, we didn't mind it at all, as the sounds were obviously of celebration.

My boyfriend and I had to check out to catch the early flight the next morning, but were surprised (a happy one) when they gave us a going-away goodie bag which included a breakfast sandwich, juice, and sweets. We enjoyed our short stay at the Crystal Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank celestoid
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

I a stayed here for a 3 night work trip and needed a place close to Taksim Square. Although there is major construction in the square I was happy with the location. The staff was very helpful with a package I tried to send for a work event and were great with directions. My room was small but what I needed. The bed was really hard which I thought would be a problem but I slept just fine. For the price, staff and location it was a good find.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night, and one night was enough. I can see 2 positive things about it : location (5 minutes walk from Taksim square) and clean rooms.

Rooms are small and absolutely overpriced. Decoration is dated. The Crystal hotel was trendy in the 50ies maybe ? Most of the clientele was turkish ... so maybe it suits turkish tourists ?

Would never stay there again !

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katergo
Reviewed 2 May 2013

My host for a business trip booked this hotel for me. To avoid what would have been an awkward situation I stayed there two nights instead of doing what I wanted to do, which was stay anywhere else. The place was filthy, including dead roaches on the floor. The rooms were threadbare. There was so much noise at night I couldn't sleep. The breakfast was fine as long as you only ate the bread. The staff was going through the motions. This is the worst hotel I've encountered for a very long time.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2013

it was perfect with good location
near taksim sq and istiklal st also
clean an quiet
service was good
breakfast was perfect
but poll was not ok it was too small and the reception was so friendly about some mistake that
our agency done about our rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The location is excellent, walking distance to taxim and other places but the hotel itself needs renovation ASAP, the rooms were very dirty, as soon as i walked in the room, i called room service as the sheets had a bad smell, remote control wasn't working (dead batteries), bathtub had hair all over and the carpet had alot of stains. the elevatores always smelled and even though it was our honey moon, they gave us a room almost in the elevatore, whenever someone uses it, we had to wake up whatever the time. To sum up for this price u can book at any other hotel at taxim with better service.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple