“Horrible”

Crystal Hotel
Ranked #1,036 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
“Horrible”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights.it was the worst hotel I have ever been.the staff are very rude.the rooms are very dirty.very poor service.it's just waste of money. Everything is so bad.do not stay there even for one night.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank shaghay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Iranduba, AM
Reviewed 27 July 2014

every thing is very bad .I'm not coming back to this hotel.Service is very poor.I suggest you choose the Golden Age hotel.With less money, you can choose a better hotel., there is no most basic facilities such as tea maker and slippers in the room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank majid_1718_N

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

IRAN
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had a 7-night stay in this hotel on July 2014. Brief highlights:
1- Totally an average hotel
2- Small rooms
3- Normal breakfast
4- Average service
5- Good wifi internet in rooms
6- Hotel organization not designed for peak condition. Our stay includes a weekend and when the number of travelers increased the restaurant had no enough space for breakfast, it took a long time to bring clean dishes, some foods and stuff finished without any rush for replacement. No hurry to clean the tables and a real mess.
7- Polite and helpful staff at reception and thanks God having knowledge of English!
8- Perfect location and a short walking distance to Taksim and Istiklal. Safe place for late night walking. Easy access to bus and metro.
Conclusion:
Recommended if you really do not care too much about your hotel and you are planning for an economy vacation. Keep in mind in Istanbul you do not have too much time to spend in hotel! There are lots of amazing things outside!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Siavashpolo
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed at Crystal Hotel in June 2014 for one night with my family. The next day we decided to pack and leave this dirty hotel because of so many reasons. There was mold in the walls and the AC wasn't even working; it was so hard to breath because of how humid it was inside the rooms. We had no towels in our bathroom. The bathtub was so high that my husband sipped and fell. We asked the hotel service 3 times to send us towels, but no one showed up. We found dirty tissues and pills on the floor. The cups were dirty and had coffee on them. The bed sheets and pillows smelled so bad. The elevators weren't working that we had to take the emergency elevator to go down. The next day we went down to the reception to complain but they did not understand anything and on top of that they were rude. I told them that i need to talk to the manager, they gave me a paper and asked me to write what I need from him on a paper. So while checking out they told me that they will charge me for two nights because it was 3p.m,, I refused to pay so they told me that they will take it from the travel agency who booked us at this hotel. I DO NOT recommend this hotel to anyone; even if you are on tight budget i recommend you look for something more decent than this disgusting nasty hotel.

Room Tip: We reserved three rooms and all of them were horrible.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tuline O
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Avoid like plague. Although this hotel has an excellent location, everything else is pretty much not worth of a 4-star hotel. Crowded, hot, weak air-conditioning, broken window, horrible breakfast, and staff who don't speak English are just a few of the problems of this hotel. Despite the bad conditions, since the hotel has some contracts with the Iranian travel agancies, it is making (stealing) a good amount of money from Iranian travellers. This will be my last time in this hotel.

4 Thank Nojan
SEDA T, Genel Müdür at Crystal Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
I write this respond for same complains who has stayyed on the same perriod on our hotel...Firstly, I have been informed about the subject as general manager of the hotel. I talked with the guests directly and listened to their complaints they told me that when they return to back to hotel they opened their safebox with their password but only 300.-usd was lost from total money,10.000 usd. I explain that If they open safebox with their password unfortunatelly I dont blieve them because there is no chance to enter same password with them If any people opens a safebox with electronic master machine. Also I shown them the electronic master machine is always stays in my office and I give to tecnichal service if it requaires than I've took reports from electronic room doors it shows all details if who open the door with opening times and checked the camera records.

but there was no any other guest card opens the door. Only the card which they had upon arrival opens the door during the accommadation perriod. and these complaints came one or two days before departure dates. Some of them requested an official report from the hotel but I have told them there is no reason to prepare an official report after control the door reports and camera recordings. but if they want I can call to police and they can speak to them. but they told me that, the insurance will give that money to back if we give an official report.so no requaire to call police. I didnt accept because there wasnt any mistake.When police arrive to the hotel, they control all details of electronic door reports and looked at the camera records. but the result was same. No one enter the room except the clients during their accommadation. so even the police didnt prepare an official report. The guest wants to call friends to be crowd before police comes and told many people who are arriving to the hotel from same their country, to be carefull because they are stealing money from safeboxes. I said why you are doing that the answer was ‘if we be crowd at the lobby with same complain, police will blieve us that our money has stolen.’ but complains were coming from different floors. please know that our room maids always work on same floor.they dont changes floors and all of them has own mastercards only opens one floor doors.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stealing money from the SAFE BOX?!!!
That I can't tolerate.
I stayed there for 4 nights, breakfast quality was so poor and the pool wasn't available.
4satrs?!! At the best it's a 2star hotel.
The only thing that is good about this hotel is that its located near Taksim square.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Alireza K

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Me and my family stayed at this hotel from 10 to 15 Jul 2014, on the first day when we came back from shopping, We saw the safe-box is open and some money stolen, it was so terrible, not just mine, more than 5 passengers lost their money, we called the cops and talked to manager but nothing happened and they just keep denying and saying it is impossible! later we found out this happened many times in this hotel before and after that other room rubbed to and many people lost their money and stuffs like gold, their shopping and etc., they called the cops too, but nothing happened for them either. Turkish police is so dirty; they just give you a smile. I hardly recommend you to don’t choose this hotel. We had great time in Istanbul and this hotel was the worst part of our trip.
The hotel had good point like good location, free internet but this are nothing when you don't have security and safety!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family