“An Honorable and Comfortable Classic Hotel”
Review of LaresPark Hotel

LaresPark Hotel
Ranked #335 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Tehran, Iran
“An Honorable and Comfortable Classic Hotel”
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Great hotel with a great location, about 2 minutes walk from Taksim square and so quiet rooms. me and my wife and my two little doughter were stay 4 nights in this unforgettable hotel!!! All of staff was Polite,Honorable and Friendly. Our room was similar to the pictures that we already seen in the hotel web site.
Rooms are spacious and well decorated, bathrooms was clean and Sanitary.I had just a little problem with WiFi connection but another things was really really great.
I will come back to there again.

Room Tip: Delux room are same as picture that you can see on the website of this hotel.really quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Arash56

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris
Reviewed 5 December 2011

This is an expensive four-star hotel but in more ways than one it feels like a three-star place. The location is good, though far from the old centre of town, but there are some drawbacks. One is that sound insulation is poor, so I was woken up several times during the night by noisy neighbours. Another is that the bathroom fixtures are not great for this class of hotels. A third one is that the wifi connection is mediocre in some rooms. I did not have the time to test the (small) pool in the basement. Overall, the website looks much better than the reality and this place is a bit overpriced.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Seasondtraveller
Innisfail, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We stayed in LaresPark as this was the venue for a conference we attended. We found it to be clean, comfortable and good value. The staff were excellent, very helpful and most could speak English. The restaurent and the breakfast buffet were very good - we can recommend the Turkish wines.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert J
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 9 November 2011

LaresPark Hotel is right in the heart of Taksim Square and an ideal location that is close to restaurants and shops. The staff speaks English and are friendly and helpful, and we were so pleased with their breakfast buffet and the outstanding service. Istiklal street was nearby, so we enjoyed shopping at the specialty shops and dining at the wonderful restaurants in the evenings. The hotel had a spa, small fitness center, and I took advantage of the wonderful massages after a long day. Rooms were clean, comfortable twin superior beds, and they offered free internet service. The only suggestion I have is that their bathrooms needs to be updated and more in line with the other hotels in that area that have great showers and large tubs, and new fixtures. Very easy to make city tour reservations at the front desk, and the staff were so accommodating. Will definitely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: We were on the 5th Floor, and could not hear any noise from the outside. We slept very well and did...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank DeeAnn18
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I´ve just arrived from a 3-night stay in this hotel. Its location is perfect, very close to Taksim Square, where there are many options of restaurants, stores and a very lively nightlife. On the other hand, you will need to take a taxi to visit major touristic attractions. Staff is very helpful and professional. Room had a very good size and was comfortable and clean. breakfast had tons of options to choose from. The only bad thing is the internet access in the room. It simply did not existed in my room on the 5th floor. Everytime I wanted to use the internet, I had to go to the elevators hall of the 5th floor. Simply ridiculous. Hotel restaurant is a good option for dinner. Overall, it is a great hotel, but if you are on a business trip and need to use the internet, you´d better consider another option.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank brazilian_tourist
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I stayed at Larespark for two weeks for business. You cannot beat the location; the hotel is a mere two walking blocks from Taksim Square, which is my preferred place to stay while in Istanbul. You can spend your evenings walking on Istiklal Street, or even walking the neighborhood directly around the hotel. There is a great restaurant just across from the hotel called Beyruti, which has very accommodating staff and you can sit outside in the nice weather. Much better food and prices than what is served at the hotel restaurant.

The rooms at Larespark are comfortable. The bathroom is large, the beds are comfy, the rooms are clean. There were a couple of things that weren't so great. I was on the back side of the hotel and the street there has a nightclub that plays pumping beats until the early morning on weekends. Yet the pumping beats do not rival the lovely mating wails of the neighborhood stray cats. This cacophony had an eerie luster as it climbed up and echoed back and forth off the buildings. And the cats did not stop wailing in the early morning; you were likely to hear them at any hour of the day. I know both of these things are beyond the control of the hotel and it is just a small price you pay to stay in the middle of the action that is found in Taksim. The elevators are also a little slow at times as there are only two. The breakfast buffet was insanely huge with tons of choices and some different items every day.

One thing I did have an issue with was being accused by the hotel staff of having an extra person in my room I did not pay for. I have many friends living in Istanbul and had several of them visit me in my room. Some were visiting for several hours one night and the next day I had a note under my door asking me to call reception. I was then asked if I was a double or a single in the room. Really? When I checked in I told them I was a single, and I was not lying, it was just me sleeping there. I didn't know that they were spying on me each time I entered the hotel lobby to see who was accompanying me. This incident greatly upset me as I felt they were accusing me a being a liar and I also felt as though I was being spied on by the staff. It was a bit of a creepy experience.

But other than the one incident the staff was very helpful in other ways; exchanging money, making small change, helping with directions and Istanbul information. The housekeeping staff was very good and even left me an extra towel when I asked for one.

Overall, I enjoyed staying at Larespark because I was able to spend my evenings in one of my favorite neighborhoods in the entire world! The hotel is a decent value for the price based on the quality and the location.

Be aware though if you are staying in Taksim and will take a taxi to Sultanahmet to see the sites, make sure you ask the taxi driver what the approximate cost will be before you get in his car! It should be around 12 - 14 lira one way using the meter. If they quote you 30 lira they are going to cheat you! Istanbul taxi drivers are notorious for ripping off tourists. I even experienced two drivers that manipulated the meter to increase the fair. I caught them in the act. They don't expect you to be watching them because there is too much to see out the windows of the car. Keep your eye on them, if they touch the meter make them pull over and get a different cab. These cheating taxi drivers really give the honest ones a bad name. Tourists are the lifeblood of so many people in Istanbul that it is truly a shame that some idiot taxi drivers can tarnish a great experience by trying to make a few extra lira off of naive tourists. Public transportation is an option but unless you read Turkish or have someone that can show you the ropes it can be a little complicated the first time.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel was very noisy at night so do yourself a favor and bring some earlplugs w...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Shervivor
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2011

What a great hotel this is , with swift easy transfers to a exciting part of Istanbul.
Very spacious rooms well kept and clean.
Indoor pool , turkish baths and gym all kept neat clean and very hygenic.
Wonderful coffee shop with amazing turkish deserts/cakes.
One of the fastest check ins i have ever experianced .
Very good front desk staff very helpful , just watch out for taxi fares.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple