“One of the best bets in Taksim”
Review of LaresPark Hotel

LaresPark Hotel
Ranked #337 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Tehran
“One of the best bets in Taksim”
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel few times frim 2010 and I can say if you choose Taksim area you can consider it as one of the best 4* in this area.
This time when I checked in, the receptionist (Cehan) realised I had stayed the hotel before. I told him I had some problem with the room I had stayed before so he tried his best to offer me a better room this time.
The rooms has been renovated with comfortable bed.
I found the attitude of the staff good but in health club you need to build up a connection with staff.
The breakfast was good and even they offered champagne which was really nice.
In summary maybe Taksim area is not my first option to accommodate in Istanbul( specially this time with chaos and tear gas in the Taksim area) but Lares park would be my first choice to stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ali H
Raida-Hamrouni, Guest Relations Manager at LaresPark Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Greeting from Istanbul,

We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us at LaresPark Hotel Taksim.

We would also like to thank you for taking your time to write such a motivating comment for our team on Tripadvisor.

Guest Relations Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed for three nights recently during a conference held in Istanbul. First, the location of the hotel is really good with just a few minute's walk to Taksim square and Istiklal street with its shops, bars and restaurants. The venues at the street the hotel is on had a few slightly annoying touts who tried to persuade people passing by to eat at their restaurants, but they left you alone eventually. There is also a few supermarkets close to the hotel where you can buy water, beer, wine, snacks and so on.

Room was nice with flatscreen tv with a good selection of channels, great rain head shower, free, mostly well functioning wifi and a comfortable bed. There was also a safe and a minibar. Views were good or not so good depending on which side of the hotel you were in.

The public areas of the hotel were nice enough with a decent lobby that featured a bar. Hallways looked nice and the conference facilities were fine. Staff were nice in general and especially one of the cleaners was really friendly. The logistics related to our conference worked well and everything ran smoothly. We had lunch twice in the hotel and was served a tasty buffet featuring mostly Turkish and Middle Eastern dishes. Breakfast was quite good too with fresh bread, cold cuts, dips and sauces, pastries and yoghurt. What struck me as really bad though was the extremly sweet "juice" that was more like orange cordial than proper orange juice.

Unfortunately I had no time to visit the gym and pool area, but according to colleagues visiting at the same time as I, the facilities were really nice.

Larespark Taksim is a quite nice hotel and I could stay again if the price was right.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience with us in Istanbul and would like to thank you for taking your time to write such a motivating comment for our team on Trip Advisor. All the LaresPark Hotel Taksim team was happy to read your review and was glad to hear that you enjoyed our services.

We look forward welcoming you again in Istanbul in the near future!

Warm regards,

Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I visited Istanbul on a business trip in January and stayed at the LaresPark, located two blocks from Taksim Square which connects with the famous Istiklal pedestrian walking street full of shops, cafes, and a Dervish museum at the end of the street. I was impressed with the quality of service provided by the staff and the friendliness and responsiveness they demonstrated, so decided that if I returned to Istanbul, next time I would bring my wife and stay again at the LaresPark. As it so happened, I was able to return to Istanbul with her in February, and we stayed for a week. We both loved the hotel and found it easy to work with the staff in planning visits to local tourist sites, get recommendations on restaurants, and sit in the hotel's glass-enclosed portion of the restaurant that faces onto the small street outside the hotel and do some people-watching while enjoying a glass of wine. The front desk, concierge and waiters genuinely went out of their way to respond to our questions, even helping me fix my laptop that was on the blink. We just returned, and my wife is already referring to this as the best vacation we have had, and talking about returning to Istanbul once again. We have already decided that the LaresPark will be our base of operations in Istanbul when we do return.

Jimster

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Raida-Hamrouni, Guest Relations Manager at LaresPark Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Greeting from Istanbul,

Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I'm writting about one of the best 4-star(plus) hotels in istanbul, When you're looking for a good 4-star hotel, you must set your wants as your target no more than definitions. Although if location of hotel was near Bosphorus or had sea view,It was be one of the 5 star hotels in Istanbul!
This was the second time that I were guests at this hotel by my family.
everything was geat and like we asked for and was based on the true published information on the hotel website. we were stay at 7th floor of hotel In a very clean room with modern decoration and the peace and quiet...Hotel staffs and services was very nice and respectful like our previous trip.
I will definitely recommend this hotel to other friends that looking for good 4stars hotel

Room Tip: I just got used to the seventh floor and had no problems. Usually the higher floors have more peace...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Arash56
Raida-Hamrouni, Guest Relations Manager at LaresPark Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest,

We look forward welcoming you again in Istanbul in the near future!

Warm regards,

Amsterdam
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Rooms are spacious, good location, very friendly staff who help us with local information and making reservations. The quality of the travel tour arrangement can be a bit better. But it's not the hotels problem.

Spa and sauna facility is very clean. And we'll maintain. I will not recommended the Turkish bath there. Maybe some other spa treatment would be better?

Breakfast is very good and quite extensive.

The only negative part is the sound isolation isn't good, you can hear ppl talking in the hall way.

Overall the hotel is nice for its value

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jennycjlin
Raida-Hamrouni, Guest Relations Manager at LaresPark Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to publish your feedback with us.

We are happy that you find the rooms spacious, the location good and the staff helpful and friendly.

Considering the tour arrangement, please tell us the dates and the tour names and the problem you had, so we can take the necessary actions with the travel tour.

I’m glad that you liked the food, and that you find the breakfast extensive.

I shared your feedback with team and once again, thank you for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcoming you back at LaresPark Hotel.

Best Regards,
Raida HAMROUNI
Ioannina, Greece
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

The place is really nice and convenient. The rooms are clean, spacious and got remodernized in late 2012.

The hotel also offers a pool, massage, gym and turkish baths which were free for hotel residents. Great if you opt for a short or longer stay.
However the location(taksim square) was not ideal for us since it is a bit far to walk to agia sophia, top kapi or grand bazaar.

the only average comment goes to the receptionist at the front desk. Although the lady was very friendly she found it very difficult to communicate properly in English and we got confused with directions and housekeeping stuff...

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback with us.

I am glad to hear that you liked our recently renovated rooms and our health club facilities.
Our location is a bit far from the old city, but using the public transportation can make it really easy and fast.
I am sad to learn that you find the front desk receptionist’s English inconvenient and confusing.
I transmit your comment and share them with the team.

Your feedback is very important to us and helps us to make a better service.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel in the near future.

Raida Hamrouni,
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This was my 2nd trip to Istanbul and it will not be the last. The next time I will not surch for a Hotel, I will book directly with Larespark Hotel!!!!!. The location is convenient, the Receptionists always at our disposal to help, the room was cleaned thoroughly every day. The only minor thing that I did not like was the view from the window (room 717) but in general we did not have any problem. I did not use any other facilities because I did not have the time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Raida-Hamrouni, Guest Relations Manager at LaresPark Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us at LaresPark Hotel Taksim.

We would also like to thank you for taking your time to share such a motivating comment for our team on Tripadvisor.

Raida Hamrouni,