Sogut Hotel
US$149
US$116
US$120
  • Breakfast included
Istanbul Golden City Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$64
US$314
US$152
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
US$135
  • Breakfast included
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$62
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$228
US$187
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 June 2008

I arrived at the Sogut to a room facing some kind of public building that had huge air conditioners running day and night which made such horrible constant noise that I could hardly sleep. To my dismay on the second day I found a rat under my bed, I ran through the corridors in disbelief and when I went to speak to the manager she just would not understand or didn't want to, a word I was saying in English.
Do not go to this place, it's nasty!"

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Candidgirlie
Reviewed 30 July 2007

We had a wonderful time at Sogut Hotel. It´s a nice option offering cleanliness and comfort. Mr Guneri(the front office manager) and Mrs.Cigdem are the kind of people you want to meet in a foreign country: helpful, friendly and efficient.Also the room was clean and comfortable, good breakfast, and the location was perfect, close to many places to shop and eat, and walking distance to the convention center. The staff was helpful whenever needed. And they even have a lovely hammam and sauna. Whatelse do you need?

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2007

The dark secret about this hotel is that it is directly opposite the huge City Hall in Istanbul, and that building runs the most massive air conditioners I've ever seen (classic Crane Company multiple-fan cooling units, presumably from America), These make such a terrible noise -- such a high-pitched, piercing drone -- that you feel like you are bedded down at the end of an airport runway. To top it off, that 24-hour-a-day din is mixed during the day with a heavy drone of careening cars on one of the city's major arteries, less than a block away. The result is, quite simply, that you can't open a window, day or night. So...only if you're someone who can sleep sealed up with a cold and capricious air conditioner breezing right over your head, will you be comfortable in this hotel. I've read the other reviews, and can only concur that the reception-staff on duty while I was there were the least pleasant and helpful people in that position, that I've ever encountered in an international hotel. When I tried to change rooms (to get a bit away from the noise), they blithly tried to more-than-double my room-rates (for the same sized room), and skillfully obscured the whole exchange by steadfastly refusing to speak or understand any English. The rooms were adequate, so long as you don't need to watch TV (nice-looking flatscreen TV mounted in the wall, but no controller available), and you bring your own soaps (none were provided).

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnE029
Reviewed 18 January 2007

we stayed in this hotel from 11th till the 18th of january 2007. the hotel was very clean and tidy. The breakfast provided was healthy and fresh. all the staff at the hotel were quick to respond to our queries and dealt with any arising problem in a very professional way.

marks out of 10= 10

Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank siddharth707
Reviewed 7 December 2006

I see here as previews about the hotel some negative comments. When we stayed there we were lucky to have a nice room. It is possible that service problems at the reception continue.
The location is not the best in the Old Istanbul. This hotel is located in a side street. As long as you pay a reasonable price , this hotel may be advised.

Stayed: November 2005