“Highly recommended hotel - in Asia part”

Bosphorus Palace Hotel
Ranked #323 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Highly recommended hotel - in Asia part”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We have stayed in this hotel for three days and we highly recommend it for luxury and relaxation stay.

If you are visiting Istanbul for relaxation and nature (sea)...This is the right place, cafes and great restaurants (ex. tike restaurant offers great turkish kebab) are just walking distance with sea view.

However, the location od this hotel is not for sightseeing places in Europe, as you need to take a taxi to Aksaray and then a boat to reach Europe side.

What we have done is that we booked hotel for 3 days in Europe side to view all Istanbul historical places and then went to bosphorus Palace for relaxation and nature views. The customer service in thsi hotel is great, we were upgraded to deluxe room with garden view. breakfast is good and cleanliness of the hotel is great, too. I do highlighy recommend this hotel to all those who are visiting Istanbul. i will definitely come again to this hotel.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is spacious and AC is great
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank abrar m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I stayed 7 nights from the end of June to the first few days in July 2012. Service is spectacular. Everyone had a great command of the English language and that great Turkish hospitality in their blood. I felt like I stayed with family. Very polite, friendly, helpful. They even arranged for private sea taxi to get me back and forth to the Europen side and back to Atarurk Airport so I wouldn't have to sit in traffic. Room 24 was huge, high ceilings, well-decorated in the old style and just so lovely and elegant. Beautiful Jacuzzi in spacious marble bath. The view is spectacular. The Bosphorus lapping up sometimes close to my window from the wake of a boat to the panorama of this sprawling city at either first light, during the day or at sunset. Incredible.

The sea view from this hotel is beyond what anyone could expect after staying in hi-rise hotels here. I was one flight over the Bosphorus and kept the windows open and the air conditioning off my entire stay. There was quite a constant breeze which even left me cold at night. The end of June. Imagine that!

If you're a smoker, you can go through the restaurant where the boats used to pull up and under the mansion in the old days and sit on the wall and watch the fish swim by. Or get blown away by the breathtaking view of all of Istanbul including both bridges.

It's very peaceful here away from the hustle and bustle. The little village of Beylerbeyi can be explored on foot and also the Beylerbeyi Palace down the road. Now I see why the Royals built their Summer Palace here: the weather is delightful and not at all like the sweltering city. I had some incredible meals by the ferry stop and great shopping too. everyone is very friendly, polite and helpful. A smile goes a long way.

I recommend asking them to arrange for flat fee private car transfer from airport. Watching the meter tick when sitting in afternoon rush hour traffic would have started me out on the wrong foot. Well worth it and also not getting "The Royal Tour of Istanbul" when the yellow taxi driver finds out you're not a local. I used to live here in Istanbul so I know most of the tricks to have a smooth, effortless, enjoyable visit.

I will definitely stay here again when I return in September. If you have any questions concerning your visit I will offer you the hospitality that has been given to me to the best of my ability.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank MadameNicole
London
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This is a beauitful hotel on the Asian side of Istanbul , its on the banks of the river and i visisted this hotel for business purposes and i found it amazing , the service was brillant and it was nice an quite takes you away from that city life of the european side of istanbul , i would recommend that you stay at least 3 or 4 nights before staying on the european side to get the best of both worlds .

This is a nice romantic getaway .

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The Bosphorous Palace hotel is a beautiful hotel on the banks of the river.
We visited the hotel for our son's wedding - what a fantastic location for such a special occasion ....
The hotel is a real gem - beautiful rooms and extremely clean and comfortable.
All staff were extremely helpful and friendly - nothing was too much trouble. Lots of local restaurants within easy walking distance.
You will not be disappointed if you choose to stay at this hotel :)

• Stayed June 2012
Diedorf
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Even though my Italian is poor I agree with the Italian review.
Our room was breathtakingly beautiful, the views from the room are stunning.
But:
There was no information about how to handle telephone, TV, room service etc.
no info on transport, sightseeing, no map, very little English spoken, a breakfast without any choice, no atmosphere in the restaurant as we usually were the only guests.
Five star price with one star service.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas B
Lyon, France
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The hotel is wonderful, it is a fact. If you want to have a nice romantic experience, you wont be disappointed. I don't put excellent because 5 or 6 items to the laundry without checking the price!!
I paid 70 euros for it! I found it almost funny and i mentioned it to the management. Despite this Joke, i would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christiandrome
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I was pleased with the location of the palace on the Bosphorus Sea, very beautiful and romantic , but the rooms were small and did not have a good view of the sea , at least not all of them .
Moreover, the Palace does not have the lift facility to move between floors, an issue which is not very pleasant for elder customers to enjoy at. The room was hot although we were in time of cool weather in Istanbul . I did not enjoy the food provided by the restaurant. This place would be best suitable for romantic honeymoon couple to enjoy the beautiful view of the Sea and elegant looking room from the old Pasha Times :)

Room Tip: Make sure when you request a room to specify the front view of Bosphorus Sea , those are best availa...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family