“U have to try it at least once”

Hotel Valide Sultan Konagi
Ranked #172 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Great location helpful staff , clean and nice room , delicious breakfast with a very beautiful view u can see haiga sophia and Bosphorus
but they don't have tea and coffee maker thats just what the hotel needed.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah A

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I checked out the restaurant because DK Eyewitness Travel guide recommended it. I was the only customer that day, which was evident from the fact that they turned on the heat and light only because I showed up. They brought me the menu and I ordered some food. I was very hungry so I asked them to bring me some bread to start with. After 10 minutes, I asked the waiter again who told me that he had a sore throat and he forgot. I think he was asleep behind the counter. I left immediately.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank jamesmichener
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My fiance and I recently stayed at this hotel in Istanbul. He lives in Istanbul and went in many places before choosing this place for my first night in Turkey. We had room 301 which had a full view of the Hagia Sophia. I had been to the Hagia Sophia and this area before and it can be very crazy, but I was amazed because at night it was completely calm. The most amazing thing was walking the ancient streets around the hotel alone at night. The room and the bathroom were both amazing. We liked it so much that we booked it again when we returned from our travels around Turkey and the second time we had an equally gorgeous view of the Bosphorous.
The breakfast was amazing. It was one of the best breakfasts we had in our journey. The staff was also amazing. They were always very friendly and made any arrangements for transportation that we needed.

Room Tip: 301 has an amazing view of Hagia Sophia and 309 has an amazing view of the Bosphorous.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank camlajw
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The hotel is in the perfect area, Sultanahmet, which means close proximity to all the main sights and areas of the old city; 2 minute walk to the Ayasofya, Sultanahmet Camii and Topkapı Palace just to name a few. You're surrounded by great restaurant and cafés which offer great food and great hospitality. Even a leisurely 10 minute walk to the Grand Bazaar. The hotel staff, with Serkan and Murat, were lovely and warm, and very attentive to our needs. Like old friends! Would definitely recommend and go again! Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank iSergio87
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located very close to
The Hagia Sofia about 2 min walk. The location of the hotel is close to all the sites but still in a part where it goes quite at 10pm so having a good sleep is no problem. However of you wanna stay up late then the bars and cafés are 2 min walk away . The hotel is clean and easily accessible. The staff are very helpful and friendly the welcome you the moment you walk through the doors, with drinks provided instantly. Serkon the guy who greeted me was brilliant, he gave me loads of info on tours and things to and to stay away from, he wasn't in your typical in the face Turkish guy. The room was comfortable with a tv n mini bar. Towels and accessories where provided and changed everyday. The decor in the room gave you a real Turkish stay ( not over the top). The bathroom was a ok size in the room I was in. The negatives...well not many really the shower could av done with a handheld shower head and the room could have done with a couple of more power sockets.
Real enjoyed my stay and thanks to all the staff and serkon for helping me to enjoy Istanbul.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank amjidh2015
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Best location of all, that in Sultanahmet makes the difference, a few steps from Topkapi Aghia Sophia Main Street to Gran Bazaar . Lovely cozy turkish ambience, great breakfast from terrace restaurant from the Bosphorus to the domes wonderful!. What more could i expect? Thanks Sankan for pampering me. Will be back soon!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Everything very good! Especially the location in the centre of the old city next to major sights and the view from the roof top terrace are a big plus! We paid 70 EUR per Night (2 persons in double), included was one way free shuttle to airport and breakfast buffet. I think, a really good price. I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013