“Fabulous location and Staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Valide Sultan Konagi

Hotel Valide Sultan Konagi
Ranked #229 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Houston, TX
“Fabulous location and Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was an incredible hotel and we could not have been happier. If I ever go back to Istanbul, I won't stay anywhere else. The view from the terrace at the restaurant is breathtaking. Rambo and his staff do a wonderful job in the restaurant. They do a fabulous job with the presentation of the breakfast and Rambo had such a great personality. We enjoyed seeing him everyday. We were sad to say goodbye. Also, the location of this hotel can't be beat. The Topkapi Palace is right up the hill and I had a clear view of the Hagia Sophia from my bed. From my bed! It was fantastic. The location could not be better and the staff was wonderful. The guy that checked us in was so helpful and friendly. I could not have been more impressed with this hotel. I hope to be back ASAP!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dhaka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights when we stopped in Istanbul while returning from a visit to Europe and we couldn't have chosen a better place! It is about 30 minutes' drive from the airport. Taking a taxi would cost you somewhere around 40-50 Turkish Lira (depending on traffic). The hotel also offers one free transfer (from/to the airport) if you are staying 3 nights or more. For us, it was more convenient to use the return transfer rather than search for the driver at the busy and crowded arrival hall of Istanbul airport.

A small hotel wih few rooms, but what a location! Literally across the Topkapi palace, this means that all the attractions of Istanbul are within walking distance! The staff are simply great. Always there to greet you and try and help you out. The room we got on the 2nd floor was a bit small, but had a good view.

But nothing can beat the view from the breakfast terrace on the 4th floor. You have gorgeous sea view on one side and from other sides, the domes of both the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque are visible, givng you the perfect falvour of Istanbul! Shopping, eateries, everything is just around the corner! You can also take the winding (but rather steep) street down to the sea side.

Anytime I come back to Istanbul - I won't look for any other place!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

At the end of May we stayed 5 nights in a triple room on the second floor at the front of the hotel. Though the front of the hotel was at times noisy, the room was a good size with comfortable twin beds and good pillows. Room had excellent air conditioning and small safe. Hotel is in a great location within easy walking distance of all the sights in the Sultanahmet. Breakfast in the rooftop terrace restaurant was very good with a wide range of choices, lovely views and friendly service. All of the staff were friendly and quite helpful. This hotel offers excellent value for the experience. This was our first trip to Istanbul. We plan to visit again, and will be back to the Hotel Valide Sultan Konagi!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Thé hotel location very fantastic and Fabolous views on Thé terrace restaurant and room, we stayed here 5 night and spent great time. This was my first trip in Istanbul and I was really lucky Choosing this hotel. I really Enjoyed here. All staff very friendly and professional about their job. Especially Serkan, He is funny and helpful. He gave më All information about istanbul . He have organised my trip and Bosphorus. I felt more safety with him. My special thanks to serkan. I Will come back definitely and highly recommended.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I just returned from my 3-week Turkish holiday. The Valide Sultan was the perfect hotel to stay at in Istanbul for one last experience of genuine Turkish hospitality. Serkan was so helpful and truly wanted me to experience the best of Istanbul during my 4-night stay. He offered me tea and a chat each time I returned to the hotel after my day of exploring. He also gave me tips on how to stay safe as a solo woman traveler.
The rooftop terrace has captivating views of both the Hagia Sophia and the Bosphorous. It was so nice to enjoy breakfast there each morning. The hotel staff also took care of arranging tours and my airport transfer. The tours they recommended were with reputable companies. I'm so glad I booked a tour through them instead of trying to do it on my own.
I'm already planning my next trip to Istanbul and it's nice to know I won't have to research which hotel to stay at. The Valide Sultan is perfect!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Alameda, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our first leg of our trip to Turkey brought us to Istanbul. From a recommendation from a friend, we had booked our stay at Hotel Valide Sultan Konagi. Arriving at 10:30pm after our long flight, we were greeted by Serkan, who checked us in and got us to our rooms.

The hotel has five floors with the restaurant on top floor. There is a small elevator in the hotel. Furnishing was Ottoman style in its lobby and in the rooms. Our room was clean, nicely decorated, a decent size and the bed was comfortable. The hotel has free Wi-Fi with a strong connection.

A buffet breakfast is served in the fifth floor dining room with a beautiful view of the Hagia Sophia and the Sea of Marmara. Along with scrambled eggs and hard boiled eggs, there is a large selection of cold cuts, cheeses, fresh and dried fruits, Turkish foods, breads, cakes, juices, coffee and tea. The breakfast room server is Ranbo, a friendly gentleman that brightened our mornings.

The hotel is conveniently located two to four blocks to Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace, Cistern and the Kabatas Metro line. Akbiyik Caddesi St, which is full of restaurants and hookah bars is located a block away.

The hotel is listed in the Rick Steve's Istanbul guide. Email the hotel got us a slightly cheaper rate than going online and ask for the 10% Rick Steve's discount. Paying cash entitles you to another 5% discount. The hotel desk workers, Serkan and Murat, were knowledgeable in English too. Booking three nights or more includes transfers to the airport. You might get a brief "Meeting" where Serkan or Murat might introduce you to tours, Bosphrous cruise, etc. Just hear out their briefing and chalk it up as a Turkish experience.

They will also help you with any necessary bookings in another city and will help you print boarding passes as well.

Overall, a nice hotel in the Old Town that is conveniently located to the attractions. Nice accommodations and friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ajleong273
Sonoma, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located about one block from the plaza on which the Hagia Sofia and the Blue Mosque are situated. It is across the street from the castle. The Grand Bazar is located about six blocks from the plaza but if you don't wish to walk to it, you can easily catch a taxi outside the hotel or the light rail train near he plaza.

The hotel is equipped with both an elevator and a restaurant. The restaurant's breakfast is superb and included in the cost of the room. Dinners are served here too and are very good. The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating. The staff are very attentive and concerned about your needs.

The hotel rooms have TVs which include CNN, BBC and the occasional English speaking program for those looking to catch up on world news etc.

I will return to this hotel!!

• Stayed May 2014