“Great location and helpful staff”

Vardar Palace Hotel
Ranked #730 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I was very happy with my stay, because I was staying 6 nights they offered me a very good deal on price and so close to the main square with loads of restaurants and entertainment to choose from. The breakfast had lots of choices between traditional Turkish fare and basic European of cereal, yogurt, fruit and eggs. The room was on the street side which was noisy until you closed the windows which blocked 90% of the street noise. I would totally stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank NYCtraveler70

Reviewed 18 January 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel itself is clean and tidy with a friendly service. Rooms are comfortable with the all standard facilities. Breakfast is typical hotel continental breakfast. The hotel can also arrange airport transfers which are good value,compared to local taxis. The Vardar is well located, approximately 5 minutes walk to Taksim Square the main shopping street. All the major tourist/historical sites are within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Norbury01
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 24 June 2009

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 5 June 2009

I booked this hotel because i wanted something economical around taksim square. It fulfilled both my needs. From the train station/bus station/tram its a 5-7 min walk. Istiklal street is just round the corner, lots of cheap restaurants, grocery stores, money exchange, etc.
Its a basic hotel. The hotel terrace has a sit out, which gives you a peek of the bospherous. There is a cozy seating at the reception along with a free internet both.
The room was average, clean, with decent room service. From our bathroom, I could hear the TV in the next room. However, the street can get pretty noisy, and the windows when shut don't really block out much noise. Our room faced the road, there isn't much of a view, as there are buildings all along.
The breakfast was a wholesome Turkish breakfast - nuts, olives, salad, cheese, meats, eggs, bread, cereal, juice.... phew! that's enough to get u started..

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 27 May 2009

• Stayed: May 2009
1  Thank An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 27 December 2008

I only chose to stay at this hotel as a stop over choice, I needed to be near to Taksim Square for the Airport bus in the morning. Despite being located about 300 metres away, I was charged $20 in a taxi!! When I arrived I was absolutely shocked!! This hotel rates itself as a 4 star but it was no better than a college dorm room. The single room was so small that I did not need to use a remote control from the bed! The room faced a dirty brick wall that let in no light for the whole day. In the bathroom, you could hear the conversations from next doot through the vent.

Breakfast was very basic but probably its redeeming feature.

The next day, determined not to be duped by another taxi driver, I asked reception to call me a cab and even gave them the money to negotiate the 2 minute journey to Taksim Square (with luggage) as I noticed that the taxi driver's general command of English wasn't so good. They sent the 'bell boy' to do this on my behalf. I was horrifed to learn that when I got to Taksim, no money had changed hands and I had to pay the driver again!! I don't know who to believe - the hotel or taxi driver.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2008

it was a good hotel with a very polite and nice staff, and it was really clean but the only problem they had is the breakfast which was really poor in which you can only find the primary stuff (cheese, salami, olives, boiled eggs) and as I believe this doesn't suit a 4 star hotel. Other than that there is the fact that is located near Taksim square which made it really good for shopping but extremely noisy especially at night.
but the good thing about it is that the staff was extremely cooperative with us and they showed us all the important sites in Istanbul on the map and taught us how to get there and they even taught us how and from where to get the metro... but the only key to let them help you is by asking them politely otherwise you won't get a thing

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank whiteangel35