“Fully satisfied”

Ranked #66 of 1,194 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
JEDDAH
“Fully satisfied”
Reviewed 18 November 2008

I stayed in cordeal house for 6 nights with my family of five chidren. I was a bit nervous before going yet I made a booking to give it a try. I was surprised that the hotel van was ready to pick us up at the airport. We got two clean bedrooms with attached baths which were also very clean. The breakfast was though ordinary (they must improve)
The staff was excellent. Specially Tugrul , Murad and one I forgot the name. Location is absolutely central and I would strongly recommend this hotel to budget family travellers.
best regards

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank IPFM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first

www.cordialhouse.com
bookings@cordialhouse.com
Address:
Peykhane Soak No:29, Cemberlitas-Istanbul

I stayed for 2 nights -Sept 27-29.
8 Euro per night (14.6 YTL -Liras) you need to tell them about the internet special, breakfast was 3 Euro but I wouldn't recommend eat it there, you could find better things for a comparable value. I saw that they only got cheese/bread/etc, very simple.

The mixed dorm that I stayed at had 4 bunk beds and we were 7 in the room, so there was only 1 bed empty.

Positives:
-Price, -8 Euro per night--mixed dorm
-Location, you could walk everywhere. I only used the tram to go to Galata Tower, and that was 1.40 Lira each way.
-Close to a very nice dining restaurant, like an informal dinner, where you could eat decently for less than 10 Lira and you could pay with a credit card! Also, close to 2 super markets were you could buy water bottles 1.5 L for 0.39 lira (instead of buying from the street at 5 Lira!
-Clean Bathrooms, but I think Floor #2 had better bathrooms that Floor #3.
-Room #306 had a nice open door that had a valcony, and Istanbul was cool in Sept, so no heat problems.
-10 Lira ride to the international airport. I booked the one for 5:45AM and it went well, I got to the airport at around 6:20AM after the guy picked up about 6 other people on other nearby hotels.
-Comfortable Bed, clean linens

They have 2 computers, I saw people using them but I dont know how much those are.

Negative:
-Upper bunk bed, hard to get there, there is no "stairs"/ladder", so I had to put my feet on the other person's bed to reach my upper bed.
-Those 2 nights, I heard the 5AM praying call...but is OK, you can go back to sleep after that.

I will return and I highly recommend if you are on a budget.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — bathroom
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 September 2008

I and my hubby booked the hostel in June 2008 because it was ridiculously cheap, £5 per person per night for a dorm bed. We were really worried because of the cheapness, that the accommodation would not be good!

But it turned out, the hostel was very nice.. it was a bit difficult to find but we found it nevertheless! It turned out the place was veeery close to the Camberlitas tram we got off coming from Ataturk Airport.

Locationwise, I could not imagine anywhere else. Sultanahmet is THE place to be in Istanbul. We walked most everywhere, to the south, Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar and to the Bosphorus.

One night we even walked from Taksim to the hostel in the evening.. a bit crazy we know!! But we were accompanied by other youths also staying at the hostel (which we later befriended) so it was safe. It was a great experience, going through the small alleys at night when everyone else was gone.. Istanbul at night is very beautiful!

I do not understand why some people here said that the staff are not friendly when they were being super friendly to us! Very late in the evening, we talked quite a lot with one receptionist in the common room. We have met super nice and interesting people there which made our Istanbul trip perfect! If you are friendly, then people will be friendly to you!

The girls' bathroom was very clean too.. no musty smell whatsoever, there was a big mirror on the bathroom very useful for girls wearing make up in the evening.

Oh have I told you that the beds were really, really comfortable? Every guest in our room seemed to agree! One 60-something tourist from San Francisco said that he had the best sleep ever in years, there!

For the price, location, staff, hygiene, I will recommend Cordial House Hotel highly!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank primarosa
bucharest
Reviewed 17 August 2008

I make an reservation on ebooking for 4 person 2 rooms one night. When I arrived on the hotel they said me there was a technical problem with the system and I have no reservation. They tried to lie that ebooking send a cancelation. But this was not true. They wanted to fool me with one room with 4 beds at an exagerated price that it was not listed. If I can not accepted immediately I can sleep on the street. The treatment was terrible. Never , ever I recommend this hotel. The rooms are uncleaned, all were awful for the price they wanted.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank carmetto
St John's, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2008

This place has generally good reviews, so I was a bit surprised when we got there and our double private room was a broom closet with 2 beds chucked in. There was hardly any room for our bags, everything was on the beds. I saw other rooms though and they were nice enough, we were just unlucky. They offered us free breakfast since the room was so bad which was nice of them I suppose. To be fair, it was pretty cheap, 26 euros a night for both of us (shared bathroom). I was not very happy when we paid 6 euros for a load of launry doing and a dress came back in such terrible condition I had to wash it again myself. I suggest just doing your own washing in the shower. Drinks in the hostel are expensive and nobody was around when we were there so don't expect much fun. One thing that was nice was I liked a picture in the common room and asked if I could have it (brazen as I am) and they actually gave it to me (provided I got them another picture, which I did at the Buk Pazar for 10 lira).

• Liked — Good location, near all sites.
  • Disliked — Terrible room, very small.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed 17 June 2008

Good: Price, location, friendly staff, bar, internet access.

We were 5 people and rented a dorm room. We payed only for 5 beds (good!), but the room was very simple. 4 bunk beds, one window high up on the wall. No A/C, which was ok since the weather in Istanbul was surprisingly cool at the time, but I would't have stayed in that room two weeks later, when the heat wave came.

All in all: a decent place for young backpackers who want a cheap room with good location and the possibility of meeting other travellers in the bar on the ground floor.

• Liked — Location, price, staff.
  • Disliked — Ugly room.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
DELHI, INDIA
Reviewed 25 February 2008

I stayed at this hostel for 2 nights on Feb 18/19, 2008 with my wife and adult daughter. I had booked this room through venere.com.

Although it was supposed to be a triple bed room, it turned out to be a 4 bed room located on the first floor. The rate was euro 45 per night for 3 persons with breakfast.

Firstly, the hotel is superbly located. Its 5 minutes walk from sultanahmet and 10 minutes walk to the blue mosque. the grand bazar is one tram stop away and at a walkable distance.

The room was on the first floor and it was a large room with an attach toilet. The room was basic, but it was clean and comfortable and toilet was fine too. The towels were clean and of good quality.

There is nothing to complain about this place...its great for its price and location. The breakfast was good: olives, cheese, bread, honey, jam, butter and coffee. Quite filling and in ample quantity.

There is an information desk in the hotel and it makes it very helpful.

There are enough places to eat in and around this place, and most areas of tourists' interest are close by. Would certainly recommend this place.

Incidentally, there is a bar in the hostel but it does not disturb the residents.

• Liked — the location and the price
  • Disliked — the colours are very loud
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family