Kent Hotel
Esans Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$224
  • Pool
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$122
Agoda.com
US$133
US$233
US$163
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Vault Karakoy, The House Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$139
  • Restaurant
Elite World Business(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$78
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$830
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgrand bazaarturkeygreat locationhand held shower headceiling showerblue mosqueadjacent roomswould stay here againnice hotelhagia sofiapublic areasbreakfast buffethotel is locatedold cityreception staffminute walkclean rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2014

If you are looking for a "a room with a view" this is not the place. I read some of the bad reviews and some mention the "bad view". If you want a "view" go to the beach. This is not a seaside resort, its a hotel in a city with a population of 15,000,000 people- its a large city. Twice the size of New York. if you stay at hotels in New York, most have views of buildings, you are in a city. Expect the same. I think its odd that people would come to a city with population twice the size of New York and complain about the view.
What you can expect is a very nice, updated boutique hotel that is very clean and very well located in the city to restaurants, shops, blue mosque, and grand bazarre. The hotel staff was very nice and friendly. Bartender is really nice to talk to and poor guy has his family 400 miles away and stays in Istanbul most of the time away from his family so he can work and support his them.
The only complaint that I have is same I have for Israel portion of trip related to hotels; I am from Chicago and used to very cold temperatures and my body is used to it. So while 40 degrees farenheit may seem very cold for outside temperature to most and justifies constant flow of heat in the room without guest being able to control it, it was unbearable for me as it was in hotels in Israel.
I could not turn off the heat and woke up drenched in sweat each morning. I tried sleeping with window open but being so close to neighboring building, no outside air was able to blow in.
Otherwise, hotel was great and could not have asked for anything more. I would stay here again if coming back to Istanbul.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank CLamberes
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Ideally situated: 5min walk from Grand Bazaar! Situated along the tram-line which provides for easy, reliable, constant access to all major tourist attractions such as Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and Hagia Sofia! Hotel staff most friendly and helpful - willing to organize transport and tours! Rooms very comfortable with all necessary amenities. Clean and hygienic! Fresh and delectable variety at Breakfast buffet. Added benefit of Wi-Fi access! Recommended without reservation.

Room Tip: Choose a room on 4 and 5 floor for the best view (preferably 401-407 or 501-507
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FazelErnest
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Our tour group was treated like royalty at this hotel, where the staff went the extra mile to accommodate our every need as a group.The room was fine & the food tasty, although not of the same high standard we experienced later, in Israel. The location is quite convenient, near shops and ATMs.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed over a two week period for five nights. The location is superb with a short walk to the Grand Bazaar also not far from the Blue Mosque. The staff were friendly polite and helpful and I would recommend this hotel as being worth a consideration when looking for a well positioned hotel with a tram stop outside. The breakfast selection was ample and the dinner menu could do with work if you choose to eat there..All in all I would stay there again for the reasons stated.
We also found the managers to be offering assistance above an beyond what I normally see in a any other hotels.If I had one complaint then through no fault of theirs I suspect guests may be smoking in the rooms against the hotels policy .I detected a faint odour in our room when it had been closed.The rooms were well cleaned I will also add,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pat C
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My family and I stayed here in September 2013. Ideally located, on tram line. Walking distance to major tourist attractions, grand bazaar, restaurants. Child friendly. Very clean bathrooms and rooms, well serviced.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family