“fair”

Orient Hostel International
Ranked #13 of 1,235 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Stayed at thst hostel for 7 nights. The good thing is that they have a restaraunt with very good food. The bad things is that although it was said that breakfast was included, it actually costed 8 eur x 7 = 56 eur. And it was only 2 pieces of toast, nothing special, well not for 8 eur. The other problem is that in those cheap rooms the beds are broken. But the more expensive rooms (rooms for 2-3) have good beds. The staff is friendly, always ready to help. Is costs only 1 eur to rent a laptop for an hour. Very good location, 5 min to Grand Bazar, shopping malls and so on. A small grocery store just the opposite of the hostel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Orient Hostel International

Reviewed 10 May 2011

Fantastic place to stay. upon arrival we had the luxury of one of their staff make a full custom itinerary to our specific needs. book all accom and transport for us enabling to have a hassle free trip after leaving the orient. big bonus as travelling in turkey can be a fair mission.
Great staff at the hostel who make us feel welcome and good value 2 poke in some froffies with. well worth the money to stay here is will have a great stay guaranteed. does lack a good night life scene but plenty of places in the area.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank chang344
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Orient hostel is in a great location within walking distance of all the main attractions. We had a private room and were very comfortable. At times the water in our room did not work but after 10-15mins it would be back on. There are no lifts so depending on where your room is, you will need to carry your luggage up no more than 3 flight of stairs. I believe they have 30 bed dorms which some people we met said made it dıfficult to sleep so I wouldnt recommend them but we were fine in our private room. Great place to meet new people. The staff are very friendly, helpful and funny. Breakfast is very simple but enough to keep you going. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ConfusedBride0
Reviewed 27 February 2011

My friends and I stayed at Orient Youth for a weekend trip in Istanbul. I have never stayed in a Hostel before, and this was my first experience. The place was very clean, and had the best hospitality I have had. The owners recommended restaurants, gave us the best things to do in Turkey. After the weekend was over, I had left my iPhone at the hostel, and the owner personally made sure I received my iPhone back! This is the best place to stay in Istanbul !

2  Thank nirabobira
Reviewed 9 February 2011

The OrienHostel is located in Sultanahmet , right behind the Blue Mosque, the Hagia Sofia, and the Palace. It is an extreamly safe, quaint, yet lively area with plenty of shops, bars, and cafes right when you walk outside your doorstep. From Sultanahmet you can easily walk or take a train or a ferry ( both for 1.75 TL) and visit the fishing district in Eminonu- where you can get delicious balik ekmek (fish sandwiches) for only 4 TL!
Besides the endless things to do, the beautiful sights to see, and food to eat- (for cheep!!)- the Orient is by far the best hostel to stay in on this strip. It is kept increadibly clean, the beds are comfortable, bathrooms and showers clean with endless the hot water, and the rooms are kept at a perfect temperature (it is winter now- so I appreciate the heat). But besides all of that- the thing that makes it for me was the people who work there. From the first moment I staggered in on the streets of Istanbul looking for some Raki at 3 in the morning, they greeted me warmly, helped me with everything I needed or could possibly want, and were genuine in their hospitality. I am very honored and proud to say that these guys have in fact become trusted friends of mine within the week I have known them. Love you guys for ever and thanks for everything!! Serefe!

2  Thank kdigioia
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Orient Hostel is a very good place to stay in Istanbul. It is 10 minutes on foot from the main sights ( Blue Mosque, Ayia Sofia and Topkapi Palace).
The rooms are normal, but if you travel winter-time, bring a sleeping bag with yourself, because at nights the room was cold with one blanket...
The Staff was very helpful, they answer to all your questions.
The breakfast was normal, it is enough to start your day and the view from the breakfast room was perfect!!
Don't forget to go to the terrace on top of the hostel, the city is amazing from the terrace.

The city is pulsing, I will return! I can recommend everyone to stay in Orient Hostel!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank iwannatravelalways
Reviewed 7 February 2011

My cousin and I planned to stay at Orient for a whole week during our vacation in Turkey. The staff was really friendly and helpful, breakfast was not bad and they gave us free narguile. The problem was when I got back from breakfast after our first day there, I saw a bug crawling on my bed. I had inspected the room for bedbugs when we arrived, but couldn't find anything. We could not look for bugs in the bed box though, so that part went unnoticed. My cousin had no bug bites, but I had a couple. They offered us another room, which was bigger and looked a lot cleaner. The staff was really nice and helpful about it, but we decided to leave and went to a four star hotel just down the street for only 10 more bucks a night.