“Love this hostel”

Orient Hostel International
Ranked #14 of 1,200 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
“Love this hostel”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The staff are always friendly and accommodating, the location is safe, the rooms and bathrooms are clean, breakfast is fresh - I have nothing bad to say about this hostel. Next time I'm in Istanbul, I will definitely be staying at the Orient.

Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Angie C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Hostel is located in an awesome area! The staff are super friendly and the bar staff are amazing! Bilo and the rest of the crew are so helpful and make you feel right at home! Would definitely recommend this hostel. Great location close to all the sites and yummy breakfast! Thanks for having us :)

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank neakski
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed here twice throughout my 3 week trip through Turkey. Orient hostel is in a perfect position to see the sites, experience the culture and make great friends with the locals. The food was great! Bilo.. aka jedda was the highlight of the stay. Friendly, vibrant and always laughing. Beer is cold and beds are comfortable! I highly recommend this hostel!

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank SamOnley
Cape Woolamai, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Orient Hostel in the end of June 2014 with four of my friends. We had the best time at the Hostel and the staff was always friendly and really helpful with travels and transport. The location of the place is amazing as well as the rooftop overlooking the old town, Bosphorus and the breakfast. The street was vibrant and had a very jovial atmosphere. The highlight of the stay though was the the bar and restaurant bit of the Hostel. Bilo (Jedddda) was the best host and made us laugh a lot we had some great chats, jokes, shishas and beers in the bar! Will only stay there when I go back to Istanbul. Awesome city with an even better hostel! Go Jeddda

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank onj_71187
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014

By far THE BEST hostel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. Super clean, perfect location in the heart of Istanbul. Only a couple of minutes away from the most historic and top monuments. It was my first time traveling alone, and I last minute decided to add Turkey to my list of places to visit. It was so last minute, I had not planned anything and once I arrived, the city intimidated me just a bit. However, in all honesty if it weren't for the staff of the hostel my trip to Turkey would have not been nearly as AWESOME as it was. They helped my plan my days and organize my stay at Turkey on a budget and make the most of it! I am solo thankful for choosing this hostel to stay at! Everyone I had the pleasure of meeting at the hostel were by far the most genuine, kind hearted people I've come across! And I do not usually write reviews but this hostel and the staff truly do deserve it! Turkey is an amazing country and lacks nothing, and I am glad I had the chance to fully experience it with the help of some of the most amazing people you will ever meet hands down.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Shabnam A
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed in Istanbul for last 3 days of our journey in Turkey by bicycles. We looked for the hostel in Sultanahmet – in the hearth of old Istanbul. This hostel was the best choise.

The hostel location is absolutely fantastic, only few minutes from the top monuments of the city (Agia Sophia, Sultan Ahmed Mosque, Topkapı Palace), well accessible by a tram. Hostel staff is professional and helpful. The staff provides very good service. From the terrace is nice view over the rooftops, incl. both great mosques, and Bosporus.

Special thanks to staff for their help with our boxes that we use for transport of bicycles in an airplane. Staff helped us with the transfers from/to the airport as well as with box deposition in a luggage room during our journey. This is the only hostel in the center which allowed us to park bicycles inside the hostel (at small courtyard), not on the street (like others). Thanks!

Room Tip: Rooms in the highest floor oriented to east side (to Bosporus) are more quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Jara_Krejci
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We booked the Orient Hostel about a month in advance of our trip and arranged a tour of Cappadocia through the tour company there. Staff promptly responded to emails, doing their best to accommodate our tight budget and hectic time line. Upon arriving, we were greeted by genuinely friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, an amazing view and engaging fellow travellers. The tour, which included two over night bus rides, an evening stay in a cave hotel, a balloon ride and a tour of the area, was well organized, a reasonable price and was a great experience. I've stayed in my share of hostels, but the Orient rises to the top of the list for it's overall atmosphere and accommodating staff. I would recommend both staying at the Orient and booking tours through their tour agency.

Room Tip: We stayed in a shared dorm facing the main street which is vibrant and lively most of the night. It...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends