Compared with a different hotel on the outskirts of town I later stayed at for business meetings, this hotel was a joy.
* The staff don't speak very good English, though they try very hard.
* The WiFi is lame...speed and signal aren't as reliable as they ought to be.
* Television channels don't provide a clear screen for the English-language networks (fuzzy/static, but serviceable).
* You WILL hear the call to prayer (for me a Con, maybe for you a Pro).
* Friendly staff.
* Clean rooms.
* Comfortable beds.
* A/C that cools the room to the temperature you set on the thermostat. (Though it blows on the bed some, which could be annoying.)
* Breakfast is decent, with a nice view from the rooftop terrace.
* Very close to the Sultanahmet attractions.
Next time in Istanbul, I will seriously consider the Alp.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Alp has been successfully renovated after a period of 6 months filled with extensive labor and love. The exterior view of the building was completely redone by using red wood. Rooms have been cleaned, painted and decorated. Beds have been changed with new, custom-made, Ottoman-style ones. The terrace has gone through an overhaul to better suit the needs of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Alp Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Alp