Open today: 00:00 - 23:59

from US$45.00
from US$86.40
from US$40.30
1,295 results
All reviews busy square gezi park modern istanbul long street street vendors turkey galata tower kebab old city monument tram protest republic tourists kabatas ataturk thousands
Reviewed 4 days ago

I really enjoyed the food quality and Istanbul City tour. Specially the cruise tour and food was just amazing.

Reviewed 5 days ago

Every time I go to Istanbul I make sure that I visit Taksim Square and the boulevards around it. It seems that every night citizens go for long walks and explore the great restaurants and shops in the area. It is safe and very family friendly. The street musicians are also very entertaining.

If you have one night in Istanbul and want to experience the city's food and buy a momento, then Taksim and its neighborhood is the place to go.

One work of caution - only catch a metered taxi in the area or they will try and fleece you.

Reviewed 6 days ago

Yesterday i lost my hand wallet from my purse in Galata tower or near this in Istaqlal street in Istanbul. I had my residence permit card, my sabanci student card, travel cards, atm card and about 2-300 lira. There, a shopkeeper called police and the police man after listening whole story, refer us to TAKSIM Tourisim police, i along with my friend go to Tourisim police at TAKSIM, They were just lauging and said, no english in Turkey speak turkish, Than we find a turkish couple who could understand english, That couple tell our problem to tourism police. They were all so non-serious and asked to go to TAksim police office. After reaching that office we explained our problem and again they were just smiling and smoking. No one noticed our complain. we stayed there for 30 minutes and than we feel that it is just wasting time,
I want to know that if they are not willing to help tourists? why they have so called tourist police office?
i helped about 10 beggars either by buying food or giving money , i dont know why this happened to me.
TAKSIM police is a great joke,,there,s no police infact,,they are just doing duty of smoking and laughing...,no any rules in TAKSIM police office. They are even bad than our Pakistani police.

Reviewed 1 week ago

A nice night walk in the between many shops, restaurants, cafes, and street performances. I felt like it was similar to the Walking Street in Pattaya or Bangla road in Phuket (Thailand). It was September when I was there and it was crowded (and I think it could be like this throughout the year). It seems that shops stay open until late night. I stayed there until 1 am and shops were open and it was still busy and lively.

1  Thank 00RSN00
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The square itself is very average.
Then you walk down and you have all the shops but no charm at all

Reviewed 1 week ago

Taksim Square situated in Beyoğlu in the European part of Istanbul.
It is the heart of modern Istanbul - vibrant, colourful with many shops, and restaurants.

There are several ways to reach Taksim.
1) Taxi

2) Tram 1 from Sultanahmet station to Kabatas station and then take Kabataş-Taksim Funicular line F1 connecting the Taksim Metro station .

3) Metro M2 line from Halic (Golden Horn Metro Bridge) to Taksim station

4) From Karakoy via Galata tower to Taksim (opposite direction - uphill )
We preferred option # 2 ( It is downhill direction all the way )

Taksim Metro Station exit is just in front of the Taksim Republic Monument.
It is the beginning of Istiklal Avenue - the long, elegant, pedestrian, shopping street. The İstiklal Avenue to Tünel nostalgic tram line also starts from here.

At the end of Istiklal Avenue is the Galata tower and walk further it lead you to Galata bridge.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The square it's placed in the opposite side of Galata Tower. Both sites are connected by Istiklal Avenue, where you can find a lot of shops, cafes and restaurants. Pleasant place.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Taksim Square is one of the best places in Istanbul and my family loved the place. We spent the entire day, there are lot of food outlet along-with the shopping & fun.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Oh I totally misunderstood Taksim Square when I first entered it. But, later when I started exploring, I thoroughly enjoyed it and absolutely loved the vibes of that place. It is up and running till the wee hours of the morning. The streets are buzzing with people, music, food, shops etc. The whole of that pub street was amazinggg! Good beer, good food and good music..what else do you want for a fun-filled evening! Loved it!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Monument created in 1928 officially called Monument to the Republic in commemoration of the formation of the Turkish Republic in 1923, popularly known as the statue of Atatürk.