Ambassador Hotel
US$176
Travelocity
US$259
Travelocity
Regie Ottoman Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$170
Agoda.com
1,146 results
All reviewshagia sophiablue mosquerooftop terracegrand bazaarapple teaperfect locationsultanahmet tram stopturkish bath and massagewithin walking distanceturkish delightbasilica cisternold cityside streetturkeythe hotel staffbreakfast roommajor attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I had read reviews of impressive staff here but wow. They picked up my daughters birthday at checkin and had a cake on the top deck 15 min after getting to the room. Not even asked for. The service is incredible and the front desk will help with anything. Got me pizza and delivers it to the room. I love the marriott hotels but the service here blows that away. They speak great English too.

The location is right in the middle of everything. Walk to many point of interest in less than 5 min. If I could give 6 stars I would don't miss this in you must stay hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Gene B
AmbassadorManager, Manager at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for this pleasant review and recommendation.

We are glad you enjoyed your experience and look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is a great hotel located in the heart of Sultanahmet. Very comfortable rooms. Fantastic roof top restaurant for breakfast overlooking Blue Mosque, Aysa Sophia and the Bosphorus. Above all, extremely friendly staff. Great value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Joel P

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on tripadivsor.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Ambassador Hotel is ideally situated in the Sultanahmet area of Istanbul. The main attractions; Topkapi Palace, Haghia Sophia, Blue Mosque and Basilica Cistern are right on your doorstep. If you fancy to walk a little further, you can follow the tram line and walk to the Galata Bridge where you can see the fishermen casting their lines and waiting patiently for their next catch and if you feel a bit peckish you can visit one of the many fish restaurants under the bridge.
The rooms are quite small but are well laid out and very clean. A safe is available for storing your money or valuables. There are also tea & coffee making facilities in the room and complimentary toiletries in the bathroom. A buffet style breakfast is available with plenty of to choose from. You can enjoy your breakfast on the roof top terrace which has excellent views of the nearby sights.
The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful and we were greeted with apple tea & cake on arrival. The hotel also offers airport transfer. The collection service was free when booked through the hotel's own website and the return journey was €25. Excellent service and good value. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AmbassadorManager, Manager at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for this lovely review and your kind recommendations. It is always a joy to read about the wonderful experiences our guests have during their stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you back some time.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is a great little hotel tucked away on a picturesque side street, surrounded by eateries and shops, and a quick walk to the Blue Mosque, St. Sophia and Topkapi. The staff are very pleasant and helpful, offering tea and snacks as soon as you arrive. They are knowledgeable in all tours, restaurants, any information you need. We liked the 4th floor, away from street noise and one staircase below the outdoor breakfast buffet, with great views and probably the best "all included" breakfast you'll ever have. Free transfer from the airport is also a plus, just sit back and be happy you're not driving! All in all, a very pleasant introduction to Istanbul!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank JPD724

Dear Guests,

Thank you for this pleasant review.

We are glad you enjoyed your experience and look forward to welcoming you back again in future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

A small hotel in a perfect location. Everything is literally on your doorstep!
I had booked a triple room with 3 single beds for my sister and I along with her adult daughter ,as we'd arranged to meet up in Istanbul for 4 nights. When I arrived ( earlier than planned , due to flight re- schedule ) the room wasn't ready and the receptionist checked that it was 3 singles that I had booked . I later returned to be told that the room still wasn't ready but that we would be up- graded to a family room .
On seeing the room I had mixed feelings but was alone to make the decision ! First it was on the 5 th floor and the lift only goes to the 4 th. Also it was next to the breakfast room . Thirdly the family room consisted of a double bedded room , which I had stated I didn't want, and a tiny room with 2 singles , one of which was not for an adult ! I must admit the bathroom was nice and big with a bath.
As all my things were in there, I decided to stay , but had to share the double bed with my sister. We gave my niece the separate room ,which in some ways had its advantages. We also had plenty of room for our cases and bags. As long as the door , separating the room from a hallway into the breakfast area ,was closed there wasn't any noise and at least we didn't have to go upstairs to breakfast every morning !!
Breakfast was excellent for such a small hotel , even for a big one ! It was varied and fresh. The cook was there to make omelettes to order and pancakes, the waiter was really friendly and helpful,and the view spectacular.
In the evening after a tiring day we sat up there on the roof terrace and had a drink .
Apart from the mistake with the room our only complaint would be that there was a strange noise that could be heard from above the room which was rather disturbing. It sounded like spinning cycle of a washing machine !! We presumed it was the air conditioning units on the roof !
I'd definitely stay there again but in a different room .

Room Tip: Don't choose one on the 5 th floor unless you are a heavy sleeper.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about our hotel on tripadvisor.

All of us where happy that you have chosen the Ambassador Hotel for your stay in Istanbul and look forward to welcome you back some time (without uncomfortable surprises).