Ambassador Hotel
Anthemis Hotel(Istanbul)
Akdeniz Hotel(Istanbul)
Ares Hotel(Istanbul)
1,146 results
All reviewshagia sophiablue mosquerooftop terracegrand bazaarapple teaperfect locationsultanahmet tram stopturkish bath and massagewithin walking distanceturkish delightbasilica cisternold cityside streetturkeythe hotel staffbreakfast roommajor attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was on a 24 hour layover in Istanbul en route to Italy. The staff at Ambassador Hotel arranged pickup and dropoff services free of charge at Ataturk, gave us great recommendations for food and nightlife, and set us up for a half day tour of the highlights of Istanbul.

The staff was friendly and outgoing. The view of the Blue Mosque and Haiga Sofia from the rooftop is unparalleled. I'm planning on another trip to Istanbul next year and will absolutely return to this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ben C
AmbassadorManager, Manager at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.

We are happy to hear you had a good layover and look forward to meet with you again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Ambassador Hotel. It was my first time to Istanbul, so I decided to order the airport pick-up offered by the hotel. It worked smoothly and in no time I was at the hotel. The room was nice and clean. There was some noise from the alley next to the hotel, but I'm a heavy sleeper so it didn't disturb my sleep. The A/C was working fine so there was no need to open the window.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They were ready to give me advice on where to visit and how to get there. One person from the front desk even walked me into a nice restaurant nearby when I had difficulties finding it. Complimentary Turkish apple tea was offered generously.

The absolutely best part of the hotel was the location, right in the middle of the historical Sultanahmet area. The view from rooftop terrace were breathtaking! The breakfast was served in the uppermost floor, so it was great to start the day with such a view. Also, don't miss the sunset from the terrace!

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking for comfort and good location, but don't need a 5-star luxury hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guests,

We are happy to have made your stay in Istanbul a pleasant one. Thank you for the generous compliments and for taking time to share your experiences.

Looking forward to welcome you back in future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Not only is the location close to the tram and nearby sites, but it also has an fantastic rooftop terrace with a view of it all. The staff was overly generous. We were caught in a torrential downpour on the way in with our daughters and our luggage. The staff graciously grabbed us towels and went the extra mile so we could dry off before our room was ready.

The lobby was nice and we relaxed with the kids playing backgammon and eating complimentary turkish delight. They arrange for a very economical airport transfer in a comfortable van.

A+ would stay again.

Room Tip: Family room had two separate rooms for us and the kids.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guests,

We are extremely delighted to have made such a positive impression and look forward to welcoming you and your family back with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Hotel is relatively Cheap an central in the old city of Istanbul. Within five Minutes you can reach Hagia Sophia and Sultan Ahmed Mosque. Other destinations like the spice market or the great market are within a half an hour walk.
The hotel has nice and clean rooms (it sometimes smelled a little) and a great breakfast at the rooftop.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.

The team appreciates your positive compliments and are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back home.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a great little boutique hotel. I selected this hotel based on reading reviews in TripAdvisor. I made reservations through Travelocity about two months before my trip but now I wouldn’t hesitate making reservations direct via e-mail. The hotel is well located in close proximity to main attractions. The rooftop deck is a great amenity for views, breakfast and evening cocktails. Received a warm greeting. The rooms are small with no drawers or raised place to set bags, which can be uncomfortable. The AC is centralized with no controls in the room and therefore, room can be a bit stuffy, particularly in summer when it’s impractical to open window. The friendly and helpful staff, made up for the room. Thank you Sezgin, Sina, 007 and Tom Cruise.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on tripadvisor.

We have also a few rooms with split clima and the central air-conditioning is 24 hours open in summer times. But we are sorry to hear that you did not feel comfortable in tyour room.

Maybe we will be able to accommodate you again in the Ambassador Hotel.