“Not a good place? they've give us nothing" since booked on AA vacations”
Review of Hotel Pamphylia

Hotel Pamphylia
Ranked #473 of 1,067 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Not a good place? they've give us nothing" since booked on AA vacations”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I had made a reservation true AA Vacations I'm not sure who is in chage for our hotels (quality) when booking,,,got the worst room ever in Europe. I pay for a reservation of two but the room I had was for one person. Someone travel as well with us and had a room for himself, I call AA vac. and tell them I have a secon person with me, they charge extra for it but if I pay for two people they give me still a single room for two that was not rigth. Then I sad why can we just have a room for the 3 people since my freind had a room there. So on sunday they give me a dobble room for three people...which finaly was the dobble room.It was rocky to be there, we where offer eveything we need and when I sad everything was everyting bad...if you understand is not for families or a dicent person... way to desapointed with the hotel as well with AA vacations never booking true this site again is not wort it...MB.

Room Tip: Never book in AA vacations is may second experience mot a good vacation I pay but got stuck with a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marco B
ist-pam, Owner at Hotel Pamphylia, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you very much for your time and review but, I have to respond to the claims here. At first, your reservation for one person by an agency. You directly wrote to us and asked if your friend stays with you how much we would charge. We gave you the rate but, you modified your reservation via your agency and made it for two people. When you arrived here you were given a room with two beds. I do not understand why you are saying that room was for one person. Another person (your friend also) wrote to us and booked a single room. He stayed there for 4 nights and he extended his reservation. You guys wanted to stay in one room and we gave you a triple room for three people. What else! In addition, we are a family hotel. Why do you think this is not for families.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Turkish first
Bodrum City, Turkey
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Here is great, location service rooms, owner thay are great, if you go there you feel like home for sure, thank you very much.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed at the hotel in October 2011, what appealed to us most was that it is near all the major attractions in the old town of Istanbul and very convenient for travelling around the city.

However the Hotel is nothing like what is advertised on their website and is definitely the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and should not have 3 star rating.

The following is a list of all the issues that we came across during our short stay.

- Dirty/ Stained bedding (Sheets, pillows)
- Dusty room
- Exposed wires
- Mouldy Shower
- The toilet would constantly start running whenever other guests would use toilets in their own rooms
- Dysfunctional Air conditioning
- TV not working
- Requested a wake up call on two occasions, these calls were not received and when staff were challenged they basically said we did not request the calls, even though they wrote it down in their diary.
- Peeling plasterwork on the walls
- Chewing gum in the draws
- Not suitable for children!!!!
- Unpleasant smell throughout the Hotel.

The only positives we could draw from this hotel is the location and that some of the staff did try their best, but it does seem as if the owners are running the hotel into the ground.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Nav08

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Sochi, Russia
Reviewed 18 January 2012

This hotel is a not expensive mini hotel in the old centre of Istanbul. The position is very good because there is no need to search for restaurants or shops, everything is very close. The staff is very polite, friendly and understanding. We've been there from 2 January till 6 January 2012, and we are very satisfied with our choice!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank ILona T
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed in Hotel Pamphylia during my visit to Istanbul in November 2011. The best thing about the hotel was its location. Walking distance to some historical monuments like Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia, Sultan Ahmet Mosque. Very very convenient for taking city tour bus, trams and ferry etc. Good choice of foods nearby.

The hotel was clean, staffs were very friendly. Very reasonable rate for the rooms along with free breakfast. Hope to stay with them again...next time.

1 Thank Sudhir K
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Have a nice hotel location. Train and bus and ferry is very close. Very easy to reach locations like Topkapi Palace, Basilica Cistern,Turkish Islamic Art Museum, Galata Tower and Hagia Sophia. Access to all of fun area with public transportation.

1 Thank OZDEYILDIRIM
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Being my first trip to Istanbul, I booked the first two nights at Hotel Pamphylia in advance, based on internet information (I'm a fairly experienced traveler). I was dissaponted. The bed was hard and blankets were not very good. The shower was also very small, about one foot space against the wall. I left after the second night and found much better hotels nearby (within 2 blocks) for similar prices and service.

Room Tip: There's plenty of good hotels in the Sultanahmeth area, where most tourists go, and they are rea...