“hotel stay”
Review of Hotel Pamphylia

Hotel Pamphylia
Ranked #477 of 1,087 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at The Hotel Pamphylia for 5 nights in May and found the location excellent. It is a very short walk to all the major sites including the tram, however you do not hear street sounds from your room. The hotel is old, the rooms are not fancy, but they are clean and area is safe and the 70 euros per night is a wonderful deal in Sultanhamet, Istanbul where all the prices are terribly inflated. In addition, the owners are delightful people very eager to make your stay enjoyable. The beginning of May they opened their restaurant which serves incredible food as the owner owned a Turkish Zagat Rated Restaurant in New York City. Go and have a great meal.

Sheila K

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. Great location, good breakfast, nice staff. It was near to all historical sites. Gulhane tram stop is right in the corner that any one can go to Taksim area. I really enjoyed visiting Istanbul and recommend to everybody.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I spent five days in Istanbul, right after Easter. I did choose Hotel Pamphylia because of the perfect location, close to every main attraction in Sultahamet. When I arrived, the owners offered me tea and biscuits, it was a very warm welcome!!! I got a lot of information about the city and attractions from the owners, and they called for a taxi when I did need that. The room was simple, but clean - and very silent. So sleeping was no problem, the bed was also very comfortable. The bathroom was also clean and nice!! Breakfast was very OK - everything was there so Hotel Pamphylia’s breakfast buffé made a perfect start for the day. I will without doubt stay at Hotel Pamphylia next time I visit Istanbul. The owners' warm welcome and interest in every guests well being was so nice!!!! I highly recommend this hotel to all of you intending to visit Istanbul!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

This Hotel is as central to historical Istanbul as one can get. when the Sultan decided to live here, he put his palace just at the end of the street. the governor's mansions are right across the street. You can see the Haghia Sophia from my bedroom window. Almost everything is within walking distance.
The staff here is very friendly. Their invaluable help got my lost luggage back for me. they also exchange currency here cheerfully and honestly. It's clean... And the price is right.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed in this small, family hotel for few days with my friend. The best thing about this hotel is the location. On top, room rates are very reasonable for this good location. It is just few moments away from all monuments. Room was clean, staff was very helpfull.
Thank you Hotel Pamphylia..

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank beril a
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

In Pamphylia I had a great experience with my brother and the staff was really kind. I try to serve you in the best way as they can.The receptions was really great and helpful.I thank them for helping me amd my brothe, they helped me in location, because It was my first time here.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Selim96
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We have enjoyed our stay due to the easy access to the main attractions and sights. From this hotel you can walk pretty much anywhere. You can't think of a better location. The owners are very friendly and helpful, the same as the rest of the staff. One problem we have encountered though is that it gets quite noisy at night with people slamming the doors and talking loudly. The hotel doesn't have any carpets so the noise is carried easily. Also the rooms are very basic but clean. Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple