Sude Konak Hotel
Orbitz.com
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
US$133
  • Breakfast included
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$566
US$425
US$147
US$96
Agoda.com
All reviewsbrilliant staywalking distancegrand bazaarturkeyold cityexcellent locationrooftop terracebreakfast buffet isfree wifiairportcleanerssophiaproscons
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed at Sude Konak hotel with my family on July-August 2014 for 9 days. Within the room price hotel offered two-way airport transfer service for free. It is my second stay at Sude Konak. The first time I stayed at Sude Konak hotel in May 2013, during business trip with group of colleagues for 5 days.

The hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Sultanahmet area. Very close to the most touristic sightseeing of Istanbul, including: the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, Topkapi Palace, Basilica Cistern, Spice Bazaar, Bosphorus are in walkng distance. The public transport stops are located nearby - the Gulhane tram station, Marmaray metro and Eminonu.

The hotel's staff is very helpful, friendly and professional - starting from the reception and ending with the room cleaners. Thanks to all of them, especially to Yadgar-bey, who helped us on hotel reservation and arranging airport transfers.

Hotel serves breakfast on the rooftop terrace with the nice view of Aya Sofiya mosque in one side, and the sea view in the other side. Overall, the breakfast was good for me, for my colleagues and for my family.

Also, there are number of restaurants around of hotel for tasting delicious Turkish cuisine.
Hotel rooms are small, but clean and comfortable, equipped with air conditioning, TV and small refrigerator. Good bed, clean bathroom. Free Wi-Fi.

I strongly recommend the Sude Konak and wish to come again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheroz K
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I booked the hotel about one and a half months ago directly through the hotel website.I booked a triple room with free airport transferv BOTH ways.
I am very thankful to the management for giving me a very good rate. I checked in on 01 August and will check out on 08 August.I am so happy here that I am compelled to write a review even before check out. The hotels location is excellent,just about a 100 steps to the tram station. All places are within walking distance. The rooms are very neat and clean and cleaning is done daily. The white sheets are also changed. The breakfast is plentiful and the staff is extremely helpful and courteous.I will definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends.My stay in Istanbul so far has been very pleasant and Thanks Sude Konak for making it more pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank 712niggi
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I have visited istanbul with the family 3 times with this summer; this hotel was the best i have visited of the three hotels. I have actually been in this hotel in 2012, but when writing this review, i couldn't go that much back in time.

The service: awesome, extra ordinary friendly people. When we checked out, we asked them about where we can buy the pelows they had in the rooms because they where very comfortable. They said we didn't have to buy them from anywhere, and the next thing we see was chocking, the reception guy ordered 2 pelows to us as a gift!! I use them until today and this i will never forget.
The breakfast: so tasty!! Huge bukets of marmelades and varient buffe, they have some kind of omlet with spanech that we couldn't get enough of. The breakfast was until 10 am, but if you come 1 minute to 10 the guy will let you in, and you can spend as much time as you want enjoying the very nice view. You can see the topkapi palace from the breakfast room window.. and on the other side of the room, you can enjoy the view of a very nice mosque.
The rooms: not that big but lovly, very cool and sooo much comfortable beds and pelows. The cleaner was a man who could speak english fluently, he is even10 times better than me when it comes to cleaning, i remember he said, i love cleaning, it's my pasion and i love my job.
Location: amazingly close to the most important sightseens in istanbul, you can do it by walking. The streets around this hotel are very coasy, and 2 minuts walking to the tramvay (a metro-like station) which is quite comfortable.
I recommand this hotel strongly if you want to fall in love with a new city and wish to come back to it again and again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here in April and it was wonderful. Nicely located, on the map I thought it would be a trek to get to the main part of Istanbul but it took 10 minutes maybe.
It was very clean and the staff were extremely nice. I arrived early in the day and was just planning on storing my luggage but they checked me in right away. There were also complementary bottles of water in the room which was amazing at that point.
I arranged airport pickup through them airport and there was someone waiting there for me who took me directly to the hotel which I really appreciated after a long flight.
I was a woman staying on my own and it was very safe, both the hotel and the surrounding area are nice. They will store luggage and went out of their way to ensure I got a taxi as well as telling me how much I should pay which I really appreciated.
Breakfast was nice, not spectacular, but much better than a lot of other places I stayed at in Turkey.
I will say a few downsides, the rooms are not spacious in the slightest, those very clean and nicely furnished. The hotel itself is not loud, however, in the morning when everyone is getting up for breakfast or coming in at night,the doors closing throughout the hotel sound really loud.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the stairwell
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The location is perfect. Walk one way you get to Aya Sofia, The Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and Basilica Cistern. Walk another to get to the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Bazaar. Walk a third to view the Bosphorus and take a ferry to Taskim or the Asian side of Istanbul. All very easy, pleasant walks. The hotel staff was very nice, no issues there. The breakfast was okay. Nothing to brag about, but feeds you until you can go get real Turkish food :) The bathroom was very clean and new. Rooms are small, but we were prepared for that. Cannot beat the price for what you get!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room looking over the street. Can be noisy, if that bothers you. We enjoyed hearing Istanbul.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family