“Best hotel ever”

Ranked #849 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Tripoli, Libya
“Best hotel ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Amazing place for families and couples and for every one I really enjoyed staying in this hotel abd I really think you should go there if you think of visiting turkey and I guarantee that you will enjoy staying there

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank amlharieb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Corinth, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We had booked for one night only at an excellent price. The hotel is in a good location near Agia Sofia and the Blue Mosque. Transportation from the airport is easy, i.e. metro and then tram, with a stop near the hotel. The room was very spacious for two people (it could actually host 5!!!). Breakfast was good and with a great variety. The staff was very helpful. Nevertheless, we found the room not to be very clean, e.g. the spread on the bed had some terrible stains. In addition, the bath tub and sink were a bit blocked when water was running. The room needs some TLC urgently! All in all, just for one night and for the price we paid, it was good, but I would not recommend it for very long stays.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank xpistinaki
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Zooming in on the Metropol or the Viva Deluxe Hotel was one of the best things I did before landing up in Istanbul for a week with my family. Everything was just right - from the location of the hotel, to the friendliness of the staff , to the huge breakfast which helped us to start off the day. There are quite a number of purse friendly restaurants nearby and the hotel staff also offered to get us takeaway. With my 11 year old daughter, I had to ensure we didn't have to walk too much. The hotel was just a ten minute walk from the Aya Sofia, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, Sultan Ahmet Square and many other museums. The day we left, we got late for the airport, the reception staff suggested doing our online check in, which they did at very short notice. Despite the fact that it was so very cold in Istanbul, the rooms were very warm and comfortable. They were cleaned every day, and everything was just right. The next time I am in Istanbul, The Metropol or Viva Deluxe will be my choice..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank choi99
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

From the moment we got there, the staff made us feel at home. I got there very early in the morning and my friends later that morning (our transfers booked via the hotel ready and waiting for us when we came out at arrivals) and they took care of me with offers of tea's & coffee's until I could check in. Our room was as described and very ample for our weekend stay. Very clean and tidy hotel. Breakfast was a little strange (more like a lunchtime buffet) but lots of it and very tasty. The coffee did not disappoint either! All the staff were very friendly, helpful and kind and we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting lovely Istanbul!

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor on the front side of the hotel and had no issues with noise unless the wind...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Christine N
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

I was original booked at the sister hotel 'Old City Viva Hotel'. Upon my arrival I was told they were over booked,so transferred us to 'Metropol Hotel'. Which I must say was a blessing in disguise. It looked nicer than the one I was suppose to stay in. I was little concerned as I didn't want to be charged twice as my original booking was a non-refundable. The staff assured me as it was not going to happen. The Hotel Manager Halil was extremely helpful and so were the other staff. Sadrettin Akkoyun at the front desk was very eager to help with no question asked. Even though he didn't speak English very well,made every effort to do so! To be honest it is no frill lodging... More so liked glorified Motel 6.But don't be fooled by the looks of it. Anyways, when your in a city like Istanbul with such rich history and culture.. Your not going to spend time in the hotel but only to sleep and shower. For those reasons it is perfect. clean and comfy. ( beds might be hard for some) It was quite adequate for 5 nights for me and family. There is construction noise at times near by loud enough to hear and of course call to pray early hours. Then again it is a predominantly a Muslim country so one has to make some adjustments to those kind of things.

1. It is in an excellent location .. You can walk pretty much to all the main attractions.

2. If the breakfast is included, it is quite nice. Menu is limited but they do change every other day. There is no other dinning options at the hotel but there are number of restaurants available for your palate including McD's and Burger King.

3. It is also close to a tram station Sirkeci.. We never needed to use it as everything was walking distance from the hotel.

4. It cost us 50 TL about $ 34.00

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone Solo, couples or Families. We will definitely stay at this hotel again when visiting Istanbul in near future! Happy Travels to all!!!

Room Tip: If going in the winter time. The hotel has continues heat running there is no way to control it.. So...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Nivesh A
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed at the Metropol for 4 nights. The room was small but very clean. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast was very good. The location of the hotel is in easy walking distance to things we wanted to see, also a short walk to the tram stop. Restaurants and cafes very handy. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the old part of Istanbul.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jolyn545
Townsville, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed at The Metropol for three nights. We were a party of four, so had to use two rooms, but reception made sure we were right next door to each other. The rooms were dated but nice and clean, offered air on and free Wifi in room. The hotel was part of the old city and close to good restaurants, cafes. The tram was 2 min walk away, and it was in walking distance to Hagia Sophia, The grand bazaar and the waterfront. Breakfast was good. Recommend for those that just need to sleep, and not looking for anything to flash. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family