“Good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Erboy Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Erboy Hotel
Ranked #83 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Bogota, Colombia
“Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

2 blocks from Metro and a clean place to sleep, rooms arent big , i guess as most room hotels in that area of istanbul. we got free airport ride for 5 nights of stay. I recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank LiliRueda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

First of all the hotel is spotless on perfect location. 5 minutes walk from all city sights and 10 minutes from bazars.The best of all is hotel stuff. Ayse will help you always with a big smile on her face ;-) For all recommendation. We will be back for sure!

1 Thank Bubolina
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I want to express my thanks to the kind people at the Erboy Hotel. I chose this hotel based on price and location (and previous reviews). They did an excellent job in making my trip a very pleasant one. From arrival and check-in to a very early morning check-out, everything was handled smoothly and professionally. We booked directly through the hotel website (which I always think is best for any hotel) and we were able to take advantage of the special offering free transport to the hotel from airport and the free meal in the hotel restaurant which was excellent (see my review of the Pasazade restaurant). Check-in was smooth and the room was very comfortable. I emailed ahead and specifically asked for a room in the newer wing with a balcony. Our room was spot on, nice size - with a nice balcony with a small table and two chairs which over-looked a small but atmospheric street behind the hotel. The window/door was sealed tight and shut out noise. It was very quiet in the room. We could hear some sounds in the hall and room next door - but nothing different than any other hotel. The room (and hotel as a whole) was spotlessly clean. No faults here. The housekeeping service was fine. The bathroom was a nice size and had a shower only with great pressure and hot water. No problems here. The room safe was in the small closet. It would not open for us on the second day - we called the desk - and it was very promptly fixed. The staff at the front desk later asked if it was still working ok - follow-up - that is a great thing. The breakfast each morning was very good and offered a large selection of food, from fresh vegetables (the tomatoes and cucumbers were especially good), breads, cereals, and egg/meats, juice, coffee and of coarse, tea. A nice touch was the daily newsletter provided at each table with tidbits of information about the city and the current weather and upcoming events - it even had a little Turkish language lesson each morning. The location of the hotel was one of the best points. Close to the tram (Gulhane) stop, walking distance to many of the major sites. A couple of small grocery-type stores where very close (we made friends at one little store across the street and to the left), lots of restaurants nearby and tourist-type shopping too. The value (excellent price), service (outstanding), location (perfect), cleanliness (spotless) make it easy for me to say I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: The hotel appears to have two sections - an older and a newer. If you want a room with a balcony...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank USAIndytravels
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

The Erboy hotel is a *** star hotel in Istanbul. It is really value for money. Clean. Friendly staff and centrally located. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a budget conscious holiday.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
boyaci, Guest Relations Manager at Erboy Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Alex R;
I would like to thank you for your review.We appreciate your kind comments especially about the value we offer.
We hope to see and host you once again in the near future.
Warm Regards from Istanbul,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I am going to post this review on the Erboy Hotel site and the Orient Express site since they are sister establishments, had a lot in common, and we stayed at both. I enjoyed both of these hotels and wouldn't hesitate to recommend either of them. To me, their prices seemed very fair for a large urban city. I had reserved a couple of nights at the Erboy just to start our journey, and then when I went back to add more nights, the Erboy was booked so I added some nights at the Orient Express.

First, the desk staff has had excellent training and is just terrific. Upon arrival at both hotels, the front desk staff provides you with a map and helps you determine where to go if you are sightseeing. The desk staff is consistently friendly and helpful at both hotels and willingly answers questions.

Second, at the Erboy, you are given apple tea upon arrival--it's great. At the Orient, there was Turkish Delight left in the room.

Third, the rooms at both hotels were sufficiently clean and nice. I reserved a triple (3 twins) for two people online at Expedia at the Erboy just to have extra space, and when we first arrived, we were upgraded to a quad (one double, two twins). The room had no real view but was very quiet and comfortable with a flat screen TV with remote. I had reserved a twin at the Orient Express and it was a smaller room which I expected. The beds were pushed together but there was room to move around, and I hadn't asked for a larger room. The TV was older but still had a remote. I preferred the larger bathroom at the Erboy but I suspect the Orient Express has rooms with larger bathrooms as well so I am comparing apples to oranges here. We had hot water at both hotels.

Fourth, the location of both hotels is terrific. The Erboy is up a hill about 2 blocks from the Orient Express. You walk down a manageable incline street (with restaurants and shops along the side) to reach the Orient Express which is on the tram line with the access to the tram a short distance away. The Orient Express was on a busier street but I had requested a quiet room and got one. Both hotels are within easy walking distance of the Topkapi Palace, the Haigia Sophia, and the Blue Mosque. There is also shopping within walking distance. The tram line only costs 2 TL and is very easy to use. (Get some 1 TL pieces and put them in the automated machine for a token at the access point.) Both hotels are also within easy walking distance of the Sirkeci train station. We caught a suburban train which also cost only 2 TL one way (uses a different token but uses same method to get a token). There was a convenience mart across the street from the Orient Express to buy a soda or bottled water. There was probably one nearby the Erboy as well. One night I couldn't find a small bill to pay for the water and the propietor of the shop across from the Orient Express was going to let me take it on credt--wow! I did finally find a small bill to pay.

Fifth, both hotels had wireless which worked and had two computers for guests to use near the lobby with internet access and a printer.

Sixth, the breakfast at both hotels was very similar--lots of fine bread, cheeses, cucumbers, olives, at least a couple of hotter items, tea, etc. I have no complaints about the breakfasts and enjoyed them.

Seventh, the Orient Express had a nice looking pool that we didn't use.

I would recommend either hotel wholeheartedly. They are at least as good as any Holiday Inn Express I have stayed in and actually have better breakfasts, more services, and more outstanding staff than I usually encounter at hotels. Each hotel also had a restaurant although we didn't have time to use them.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank MidwesternParent
boyaci, Owner at Erboy Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
My dearest guest
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a feedback on our hotels.
Your review highlights exactly what is the spirit of our group and on behalf of each single member of our staff, I would like to say that reading such nice words makes us proud and motivates us to keep working every day with the same passion.

As you have explained Orient Express and Erboy are part of the same group and the service quality and the aim of reaching guests happiness is what's a symbol not just of one of our hotels but of all Sirkeci Group Hotels.
When we created this group our desire was to bring at our hotels innovation spirit, no mater which category our hotels would be, the purpose was to become a very good example of Turkish Hospitality and we invested time and energy on reaching it.
Our guest experiences, smiles and nice words compensate us for all efforts, thank you all for everything.

Hoping to welcome you back once more in one of our hotels.
Best regards
Faruk Boyacı
Owner of Sirkeci-Group Hotels
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

It was a great experience, very good value for the money we paid. We booked the 3 star hotel on-line, but at arrival we were upgraded to their 4 star hotel, for the same money. What impressed me most was the friendliness of the staff there, the delicious breakfast and the souvenirs we received from them at departure. I sencirely reccommend it!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
boyaci, Guest Relations Manager at Erboy Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear Octavia S;
I would like to thank you for the time you have taken to give us such a lovely review.We appreciate your kind comments about our group hotels.I will share your compliments with our teammates.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon as our guest.
Logan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was a great place to stay, from the moment we arrived. The front desk was warm, welcoming, and English-fluent, gave us useful information to get around on the tram instead of taking a taxi to a meeting, restaurant advice, places to see, and arranged a ride to the airport for our 3 am departure. The restaurant in the hotel served us the best dinner we had on our whole trip to Turkey. The location was close to everything so we could stop back by easily to change into better clothes for the weather or drop stuff off. And the price was great. Rates were a bargain for 2 people, with free breakfast included. Oh and the breakfast was good too--full buffet with hot eggs, lots of fruit, yogurt, olives (always many kinds of olives for breakfast all over Turkey). The rooms were European in size, but very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lori R
Dear Lori R;
I would like to thank you for your kind review about our hotel.I want to mention that it has been great plesure for us to assist you during your stay.I am also really proud to hear that you have had the best dinner in our restaurant on your whole trip in Turkey.
We would be very happy to host you once again in the near future.
Kindest Regards,