Erboy Hotel
Olimpiyat Hotel(Istanbul)
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Pool
2,278 results
All reviewsblue mosquetram stopwalking distanceguest relations managerhagia sophiagrand bazaarold cityperfect locationgulhane parkexcellent hotelgalata bridgetriple roomfamily roomrooftop restaurantbuffet breakfastataturk airportmain sights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2008

We were welcomed at the Erboy Hotel by Ayse, a very informative young lady, and hot apple tea (an acquired taste). Ayse gave us maps and ideas of what to do during our 5 night stay. Our room was clean and comfortable, with lots of hot water. The Erboy is only a few minutes' walk to the tram which goes all over Istanbul for a small fare, plus a few more minutes' walk to the Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque and the Sophia Mosque; it is about a 20 minute walk to the Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar and main train station, so it is very well situated in a fairly quiet street with good restaurants on the ground floor and rooftop terrace. As we had a 5 night booking, we were picked up at the airport and, as we had booked direct over the internet, a voucher for dinner, so very good value.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank itchyfeet65
Reviewed 17 September 2008

Impressive breakfast and very appropriate recommendations of the Guest relation manager.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank abcdParis
Reviewed 11 September 2008

The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice.
The room was small but comfortable. TV had BBC world news and a lot of other foreign channels.
One of our rooms had poor AC. But I know we would have been offered another room if I had complained.
The situation of the hotel was ideal; all the main attractions were close by.
Value for money is good. If you want luxury then you have to spend a lot more money at one of the more luxurious hotels in Istanbul.
My only complaint would be that there was no free shuttle bus from the hotel to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Akrisis
Reviewed 11 September 2008

It was my 10th visit to Istanbul. I liked the location of the Erboy Hotel but most of my pleasure was the briliant hospitality of the crew, and specialy of Mis Ayse Sancak, the Guest Relation Manager. She and other member of the Hotel have done everything to make my staying as plausible as possible!
The breackfast was delicious and very testy.
I enjoyed my beeing in Istanbul, which was a mixture of business (my book is going to be published during the begining of 2009 here) and enjoing the pleasures of this great city!
It was a very correct choosing of this Hotel!

sencerely,
Dr Zvi Keren

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank tiulip
Reviewed 3 September 2008

I came there on the 24th of August this year, and loved every day of our 7 day stay. The best part of the hotel for me are the staff members. There was not ONE person who was not polite to myself, my wife, and they even made the effort to get along with my 3 year old daughter. They REALLY made the best effort to make my family and I feel at home and succeeded 10 times over.

The room was delightful with a great view over the water's. The bathroom was clean and well designed. The internet was always available on computers downstairs in the lobby. The buffet breakfast was excellent with a range of various foods. I sat in the restaraunt and had one of the best aubergine dishes I have ever had, and even asked for the recipe!!!

All the ameneties which I wanted to see were within close proximity to the hotel, so travelling wasnt an issue. I have already recommended the hotel to my family members who I beleive will now make a plan to stay at the same hotel.

I was gutted to leave and enjoyed my time so much, I hugged the bellboy as I left. I will never forget my stay at Erboy and have made my mind up that I will DEFINITLY go back there.

Rehan