“Great location”
Review of Erboy Hotel

Erboy Hotel
Ranked #68 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed for two nights. We had a small room on the 5th floor. Clean and comfortable with good air con. A very powerful shower. The location of this hotel is probably its best feature. Walking distance to most major attractions and near Tram station. Breakfast was more than adequate, with selection of hot and cold food, pastries, cereals etc. Also an excellent restaurant. Ate there both evenings.

1  Thank cassidy62
Write a ReviewReviews (2,275)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

What a brilliant find. The hotel is in a perfect spot of the peninsula, surrounded by restaurants, and the tram station is just down the road. The rooms are small, but the bed is comfy, and the tv has a very generous range of stations in multiple languages. The real bonus to this hotel is the staff. The guest relations here are second to none. The staff really go out of their way for you. And of course the roof top bar is incredible. A brilliant view to the Asian side and the Haiga Sofia looks great from there. This is a real treasure of a hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Erboy Hotel is an absolute gem in the Sirkeci neighborhood of many hotels. I greatly agree...it is the caring attitude of the staff which makes one's stay at this hotel a memorable, wonderful and enjoyable vacation.

On the day I arrived from Pamukkale, I quickly realized I have left behind my iPad charger in the hotel I stayed the night before. I asked for assistance at the Front Desk to contact the hotel for me. Fortunately, they found my charger and was advised that they had mailed to Erboy Hotel. However, we were departing early in the morning for our flight back to the U.S. As soon as I arrived home, I checked my email and found a note from Erboy Hotel that they already sent my iPad charger by post free of charge. Although tired and sleep-deprived from the long international flight, the good news made my day! I quickly replied to thank them for their attention, caring attitude and incredible customer service!!! What a team of good people!

There is no question about the property---the bedroom and bathroom is clean---everything you need is supplied in the room. Breakfast buffet is wholesome! We had drinks in their rooftop terrace and enjoyed a relaxing time before going back to our room. We had room service and food delivered was nicely presented, delicious and plentiful!

The major attractions in Istanbul is easily accessible because of their location. Take the Gulhane tram stop and in less than 10 minutes you have reached the hotel. There are many shops and restaurants within the vicinity.

Definitely, I will stay at Erboy Hotel again on a future visit. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Beenthere
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay and the hotel was a perfect base for our 1st stay in Istanbul and we will use again on our next visit.

From the moment we arrived to very welcome cold drinks all the staff especially Guest relations & reception personnel, cleaners and the rooftop terrace barman were attentive, friendly and professional.

The room has all the facilities you require comfortable bed, good powerful shower, a/c, safe & wifi.

Breakfast was fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereal, bread & pastries, cheese & cold meats and about 4 hot dishes (eggs, sausages etc).

The meal at the Pasazade restaurant (see separate review) on our 1st night was an ottoman feast & the best of our stay in Istanbul, Included in our booking as a welcome dinner.

The rate was very reasonable and we then got a 7% discount for paying in cash.

The rooftop terrace was visited during the day, at dusk and at night and has great views of the Bosporus and City.

Location wise you are 10 minutes walk to the major sites of Sultanahmet and on top of a tram stop.

Will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon1967
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were really impressed with this hotel overall. We stayed for 3 nights. Our room seemed to have had a recent renovation and was very nicely done. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The hotel was within walking distance to many of the major sights and a tram ride away from others further out. Recommend an early start for the included breakfast bar downstairs as the food disappears quickly. Evenings were enjoyed on the roof top terrace watching the sunset over the beautiful city. We had a very early check out and we missed out on the included breakfast. One of the staff members brought us some sandwiches so we would have something to eat as we traveled. We thought the hotel was a wonderful value and definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was in Istanbul a year ago and I spent 7 nights at the Erboy Hotel. I have chosen this hotel because of good reviews .
My room was faced to Ebusud cad. and that is why it was a bit noisy . ( I couldn't fall asleep with open window ) . The air conditioning was hard to regulation. In the room was too hot or too cold . The room was very small for two people. When you put your luggage on the floor it was hard to move.( it is common for most hotels in Istanbul ). The bathroom needs a bit renovation. Anyway, it's still a good choice because of its location, very close to most popular tourist spots, tram station is also very close. The breakfast was of great variety and delicious. Everyday you can find in a room a complimentary bottle of water, instant tea and coffee. Room was cleaned up each day .the Staff was very friendly and helpfully, they arranged a taxi for the airport and gave lots of tips about the sightseeing. Book on the hotel website to get a cash disount and free one way transport from the airport.

Room Tip: rooms faced to the street are a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank barbara b
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My sister and I stayed at the Erboy Hotel for nine nights. I chose this place based on other reviews posted on Tripadvisor. Could not have made a better choice! The location was, of course, perfect. A short walk to the tram station and reasonable distance (for those of us who are 55+ years and slow walkers) to the main attractions in Istanbul. The staff was courteous and very helpful, especially those at the Reception. They helped us plan many enjoyable trips in and around Istanbul. They gave us a free city map and explained the tram system clearly. We used the tram for most of our excursions in Istanbul. We enjoyed the terrace bar with its fabulous views. One evening it got a little chilly, but they provided us with soft (clean) blankets, so we lingered. The food at their restaurant, Pasazade. was excellent. We also had some great meals in some of the many restaurants close to the hotel. This area is probably the best place to stay for first time visitors to Istanbul. Gives one a nice sampling of what Istanbul has to offer.

Room Tip: Let the people at the Reception know what you want or need, and they will do everything possible to...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family