Erboy Hotel
Olimpiyat Hotel(Istanbul)
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Pool
2,278 results
All reviewsblue mosquetram stopwalking distanceguest relations managerhagia sophiagrand bazaarold cityperfect locationgulhane parkexcellent hotelgalata bridgetriple roomfamily roomrooftop restaurantbuffet breakfastataturk airportmain sights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2008

Among the many hotels in Sultan Ahmed I was lucky to pick Erboy. 3 good days in this wonderfull hotel. The room was nice and spotless, the bathroom worked perfect. The breakfast was good, but most importantly for me, the staff was friendly and very helpfull in all respects. 3 nights and they will pick you up from the airport for free and even give you a free dinner. Pick this one if you travel on a budget and want to meet smiling and helpfull turks!
Lone, Denmark.

1  Thank loneCph_Denmark
Reviewed 27 October 2008

This Hotel is in a wonderful location to explore all parts of the city. I was a lone femal traveller and found its closeness to the metro and all the sites really helpful. I was welcomed as soon as I arrived and given some helpful hints and a metro map which was so helpful later on in my trip. Breakfast would fill you up until dinner time and the hotel was very very clean!

Down sides - the walls were paper thin so it got a bit noisey at times. And the room was very small - ok for me as i was on my own but if i was with a buddy it would hae been cosy to say the least! But those were minor things for me.

Over all i would reccommend it here especially if you're on a bit of a budget like i was!!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank manchestertravelbaby
Reviewed 25 October 2008

It is my pleasure to inform any interested travellers looking for accommodation in Istanbul that my stay at the Erboy was a very enjoyable experience. I have stayed previously at the Erboy and return because of the high level of hospitality shown and the friendly atmosphere. The meals provided are first class and the accommodation excellent. The ambiance of the Hotel and near proximity to all the wonderful sights is a big advantage. It is possible to walk to the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Markets, the beautiful Mosques - and the other attractions.
Staff are extremely accommodating and friendly. It is my favourite holiday resort and I plan to return as often as I can.
I highly recommend it to any travellers.

Sincerely, Jillian Wilkins Perth, Western Australia

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank Jill40Jill40
Reviewed 23 October 2008

Really enjoyed a 4-night stay at the Erboy and couldn't believe how ideally situated it is for all the sights. My room was spotless, bed comfy and bathroom with power shower immaculate. The breakfast buffet was a sight to behold and the two evening meals I had at the hotel were tasty and served promptly. There are plenty of good and lively restaurants to choose from nearby.

I walked and walked and saw all the sights and can highly recommend a visit to the Ayasofya as the highlight of any trip to Istanbul. Getting the local E10 green bus from the Sabiha Gokcen airport and then the ferry to Eminonu was no problem and really cheap; the walk to the hotel with a trolley case was not too bad either.

I would love to go back!!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank VWF1
Reviewed 16 October 2008

We returned home last night from our week's stay in Istanbul, determined to record our appreciation of the Erboy Hotel. We were at the Erboy for seven nights and seven breakfasts, and also used their restaurant for two evening meals and one lunchtime meal. The food was always excellent, and the service we received from every member of staff - both in the restaurant and throughout the hotel - was exemplary. The whole hotel was spotlessly clean, and our room in particular was thoroughly cleaned each day, with fresh and good quality bed-linen and towels provided. The hotel is centrally located for all the major tourist destinations, with numerous restaurants and shops in the network of streets around it, and is particularly useful for accessing Istanbul's excellent tram service. We think it is suitable for all types of guests; the one drawback for disabled travellors is that the lift is fairly small (a consequence of being a long-standing hotel with limitations on what can be done to the structure), so that a wheelchair user has to be able to get out of his/her wheelchair to use the lift, but the staff were always keen to help. We found it well worth the cost, and would be happy to recommend this hotel to anyone.
Rif and Ann Winfield, Wales.

1  Thank Rif_and_Ann