“Hotel Erboy”
Review of Erboy Hotel

Erboy Hotel
Ranked #68 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Was thoroughly impressed with Hotel Erboy. Staff were accomodating and gave helpful suggestions when asked how to get somewhere or good restaurants in the neighborhood. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Air condition worked very well. We had to turn it down sometimes as the room got really cold. The shower was exceptional. Brreakfast was good with enough choices. The restuarant in the hotel is well worth a visit.

Location is excellent with a tram stop close by and the major Sultanhamat attractions within walking distance.

Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,275)

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I can only agree with what previous reviewers have said about the Erboy Hotel. It is a great choice in an excellent location with friendly and helpful staff.
I had a room in the new section with a little balcony (the hotel was very happy to arrange this for me when I requested it a month or so before my visit). It was quite spacious and very satisfactory in every way.
I arrived early and the hotel receptionist invited me to have breakfast even though I was not entitled to this. Also, as I was leaving early to catch a plane and would miss breakfast on my last morning, the staff (without my requesting this) arranged for a tasty roll to be left for me at reception to take with me to the airport – the staff at the Erboy know how to look after their guests.
The roof-top bar is great and apart from the hotel's excellent proximity to major attractions, it is also very close to numerous restaurants or you can choose to eat in the hotel restaurant.
And the price is right! Excellent value all round.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Everything is excellent: hotel, restaurant and terrace-bar on the roof.
Hotel is very clean and cozy. They provide you a free transfer from airport and a wellcome lunch in the first day. If you pay in cache you get a discount.
Food in restaurant is delicious and not expencive.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I've stayed at the Erboy Hotel four times over the past two years, and have never been disappointed. You absolutely cannot beat the location: Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar, Eminönü waterfront (with Bosphorus boat tours) are all within walking distance. The staff are so friendly and helpful, the rooms are generally small but very clean and comfortable, and the buffet breakfast is good. It is a Turkish-style breakfast (e.g. cheese, olives, cucumbers, tomatoes, various bread products) but there are different cooked items every day too, such as scrambled/boiled eggs, sausage, potatoes, mushrooms, etc. My favourite thing has to be the rooftop terrace bar at the hotel - some of the best views in Istanbul. As for the price, I have stayed at this hotel in different times of the season (July and September/October), and I have found the prices to be very reasonable. Can't recommend this hotel enough! P.S. if you're on more of a budget, then its sister hotel the Ilkay is also very good.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room in the new wing. There aren't good views out of the windows, but rooms an...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed five nights at this hotel with my family. The reception staff were extremely helpful and friendly at all times. The rooms are a bit small but that's the same throughout the Old Town. Room and bathroom were spotless clean. Breakfast plentiful and with numerous options from cereals to sausages! Perfect location. Few minutes from tram stop and all the main sites (Blue Mosque, Gran Bazaar, Agia Sofia and Topikapi Palace) all within walking distance. Amazing terrace bar too with a spectacular view. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic. Great location, great roof top bar overlooking the bospherus, clean room & wonderful staff who made our 25th wedding anniversary very memorable. Would def recommend this hotel:-)

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We (4 adults in 2 rooms) stayed for 3nights at Erboy and has nothing but fond memories from our stay. Jamilya, guest relations made an impression on us, right after check in, provided us some orientation of where we are, maps, and also a list of operation hours for attractions around us. That to us is really going the extra mile without our having to ask.

The rest of the staff we encountered whether at reception, housekeeping or the restaurant were friendly, helpful and always had a smile for us. Breakfast was same throughout our stay but for me, that was sufficient. The bathroom is a good size, water pressure is good. My husband especially loves the jet inside the toilet bowl! The aircon, TV & wireless in our room works perfectly! My room (Rm 302) was located on 2nd floor, with a little balcony overlooking the back which was lined with restaurants. At night, it gets a little noisy but I dont really mind since the solid balcony door shuts out the noise completely when closed. And by all means, have dinner in the hotel restaurant! It really is one of the best we've had in Instanbul.

Location wise, it cant be better. It's central to almost all attractions, 3mins to Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Museums, Blue Mosque, maybe 5mins to our fav attraction, the Basilica Cistern. It's less than a minute walk to Guihane tram station which will take you across to Taksim or Grand Bazaar. In the other direction, less than 1min away, you can reach the Sirkeci train station which will bring you through the tunnel metro, over to the Asian side. 5mins walk leads you to the Spice Bazaar or towards the ferry terminal for the Bosphorus cruise.

Prior to this, we stayed in 4days Rome & 3days Athens but unanimously, we all agreed
that Erboy was our favourite. It truly is a gem and I'm glad I booked to stay here. You get 5 stars from us! Thanks for your great hospitality. Biz tekrar ziyaret umuyoruz. Hope I got that right :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family