“Very good”
Review of Erboy Hotel

Erboy Hotel
Ranked #77 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 21 July 2009

An excellent hotel. It is good value, clean and ideally located and the staff are friendly and helpful.

The hotel is about 100 yards from Gulhane tram stop making getting around quick and easy. Ideally located for the main attractions like Topkapi and those around Sultanahmet.

I always try and stay here if I can.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Erboy Hotel

Reviewed 15 July 2009

Everything about this hotel is great: friendly and helpful staff, services provided, delicious breakfast included, clean room and the location is THE BEST! Walking distance from markets and sites, plus just down the road from the tram, which you can take (with a change to the metro), to the airport for just 3 lira (1.5 tram and 1.5 metro). You can also take a hotel provided taxi for just 35 lira, and I say "just" because the other services will charge you 70 and tell you there isn't any cheaper. We had 6 suitcases and they didn't charge any extra. The rooms are small, but manageable. We stayed 3 times over the period of a month, so we saw a variety of sizes, views and colors (one was lime green). All spotless and well maintained. The hotel is also linked to two others just a couple of blocks away (Orient Express 4 star, and Sirkeci Konak 5 star), and all three have great restaurants. Though we don't typically dine in, this is great for those eves you are too tired to go out. Three of the four restaurants are rooftop, with great views. The street level restaurant at the Erboy is great too. By the way, the star system in Turkey (and Egypt) is defined by number of amenities in the room, i.e. room safe, TV, conditioner, free snacks and water and a bit by room size and decoration. The Erboy is a 3 star, so it only has shampoo and a TV as extras, and the rooms are simpler, but it holds its own with the other two, for an even better location and outstanding staff. While we were staying there, they also installed a 2nd laptop for use in the lobby. You cannot go wrong at the Erboy, they will help you with anything!

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Erboy Hotel was recomanded to me by my parents, they were there las year in December and they said: " If you ever go to Istanbul you should stay at Erboy Hotel, because it's has a good position, near the historical center, it's very nice and with good services"
They were right, i loved my staying at Erboy Hotel, the room is very nice and clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful.
I recommend Erboy Hotey to everybody, the price is very good and at breakfast there is plenty of food and very various.
And if you come by train (as we did) it's near the train station so you don't have to pay any extra money for taxi.

Reviewed 10 July 2009

I chose Hotel Erboy after a lot of research and the main reason why I chose it, was value for money and location. We got special rates, even though it was the weekend of the Formula 1 Grand Prix, no other hotel was prepared to do that over this specific weekend where prizes rise dramatically because of this event! They also offered a free airport transfer for a longer stay (three nights) and because of the good rate we received, I was able to reserve for one extra night in order to have the room available till late on the night that we left Istanbul to fly back home.

Service was good. They assisted is with transfers to Istanbul Park for the GP on both the Saturday and Sunday, which was a great help to us, as we only arrived late Saturday morning.

Our room was very small (508), but had a great view of Aya Sophia! It was not to close to the elevator and relatively quiet. Breakfast was good, we had no other meals there.

The hotel is within easy walking distance from all the major sites. Aya Sophia, Gulhane Park and the Blue Mosque is the closest. The Grand Bazaar was 20 min walk away and the tram is right at the end of the street. The other hotel of Sirkesi group is right on the main, noisy tram street, so Erboy was the better choice. It was also easy to walk to Eminonou at the waterside to catch ferries as well as go to the Spice Bazaar.

If you want luxury don't go to Erboy, but if you want excellent value for money and a good location, book here. I will definately stay here again. I also considered other, more traditional hotels, like Empress Zoe, but have learnt from experience to go for a hotel that is practical (with elevator for one!), especially at the end of your trip!

Reviewed 7 July 2009

Brilliant stay at the Erboy. the manageress, Ayse, takes the time to greet all her guests with apple tea and half hour to explain where you are, where to go and what to see, it helps and is a great touch! the cleaning staff do a great job and all other staff are friendly and helpfull. breakfast was a bit continental but you dont expect a fry up in Turkey! I emailed ahead to explain we were there as a treat for our 40th birthdays and were given a lovely room, just ask, they are very accomodating! The rooftop bar is lovely, great views and a welcome rest after lots of walking (and boy did we do some walking!) Erboy is central to everything and surprisingly cheap for its location. We didnt actually get around to eating in the resteraunt but met another couple who said the food was great! anyway a fantastic time had by us both at the Erboy, and Istanbul, what a place!

Reviewed 6 July 2009

Like you I read a lot of reviews before deciding which hotel to go to. I was not disappointed, this is an excellent hotel for the money in an ideal location for the tourist attractions in the city. I agree with what everyone has said except for it being noisy. There was just normal city noises when I stayed there in June.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2009

Initially, I agreed to book the hotel Golden Crown Hotel, but at the last minute I had come across Erboy Hotel. As soon as I had seen the photos and read the reviews, I knew this was the hotel for me and my family and was I right!
The hotel is in great location - only 5 minutes from the major attractions! There is no need to pay for trams to travel so you save some money!
I had heard alot about the guest relations manager called Ayse and everything I had read about her was exactly right! She is very warm and helps you whenever you need advice. She made my stay enjoyable!
The staff at the hotel are terrific. One night i had a terrible headache so I had gone down to the breakfast room (bear in mine the time was 11pm!). At this time one must pay for anything consumed but the staff had made me coffee on the house!
Up on the terrace, I was seated with my sisters just enjoying the view (you can see the Bue Mosque in the distance) when the man from the counter had brought over three turkish teas (apple flavour) and yes i reccomend to all to taste this lovely hot apple tea! It really calms you down!
The hotel room was good. The bathroom was great with glass shower doors to stop the water from splashing everywhere! Whatever mess I had made, I always knew that I would return to a very clean, vacummed room and I was never let down by the cleanliness of the rooms. We also had an AC which did at times blow out mixed hot and cold air but this was only during the day! I think because it was too hot. At night, the AC was perfect, the room was cool, there was no noise as some reviews suggest - maybe because I was in room 202.
A tv is provided in the room. However, the channels are i turkish except the world news channel but as I wasnt there to watch tv - i didnt care! At times, i even watched Scream i turkish!!!
There is no fridge provided in the room. But whenever I purchused water to drink from the local shops - it would warm up throughout the day! So I would just buy more water and bring back the hot water to the hotel and kindly ask the breakfast room staff if they could refridgiate the water. They always agreed to this.
I really enjoyed the breakfast provided. On my first morning, the juice was not cold enough so after someone had complained about this, the juice after that was very cold!
Coco pops and cornflakes was provided. I was also able to toast my bagguette pieces with chocolate spread! Cakes were provided along with some turkish delight sweets! Fruits cut up in tiny pieces (kiwi, orange, apple) were also available. Ham, chicken and salami was also provided but bear in mind that ham isnt actually ham. Its the beef version of ham. Nothing is haraam in turkey due to the 99% muslim population so it was very easy for me to find halaal food!!!
The people in turkey are very friendly except the one or two perverted men!!! As I had learned to speak turkish, the people were very happy and always tried to correct my grammer and never laugh at me.
I went to see all of sultan ahmet (where I stayed) but I can say that I came back seeing much more! My guest relations manager told me that I was able to travel to the asian side of istanbul (the other continent) for 3 liras and all information she gave was correct. The ferry ride was perfect and on the other side - make sure you do try out the sea food! fresh fish in bread with lettace etc is mind blowing!
I also managed to see the chamliga area of kadikoy -thanks to a new friend i had made called ickhmat. the view was just gorgeous!
Beware of the restaurants surrounding the hotel as they would lure you in with their lovely talk! For the first day I had ate at sude konak which is next door to the hotel. The food here was really nice. Try their chicken niblets!
But as the days went on, me and my siblings had managed to find cheaper places to eat. A restaurant called laks laks is only 2 minutes from the hotel and offers great lunch such as potato fries and onion rings! all for a very cheap price!
Try out Seesha at the green corner restaurant - just on the way to the blue mosque from the hotel! Their service was excellant.
I just returned on 2nd july and I really do miss turkey and the people. along the way I met great people and did exchange contact details with them.
Overall my stay was excellant and very enjoyable.
If i was to return, I would select erboy hotel all over again!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family