“Wonderful!”
Review of Erboy Hotel

Erboy Hotel
Ranked #70 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I returned home a week ago after spending few days at the Erboy Hotel in Istanbul. It was not my first stay there and I returned with a lot of pleasure this time with my husband. The hotel has a great location and everything is accessible on foot. The hotel staff is extremly helpfull and they arranged everything for us. My brother and my mother also stayed there and we all enjoyed it. As I was coming all the way from Canada I arranged everything in advance and the Ayse was the most wonderfull person to deal with. Not only I will return to the hotel, but I told all my friends about the amazing food and service we received. I hope to be able to go back soon as I love Istanbul!

Reviewed 14 July 2010

Erboy staff very professional, very safe location, right in the ancient city where everything is fairly accessible for me as a woman with a disability.
Food was wonderful!
Salih is a wonderful professional and a great resource and embassador for Instanbul & Erboy Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Stayed 5 nights couldnt fault the hotel in facilities, location or staff . True to the welcoming nature of the turkish people the staff were first class , friendly helpful and eager to please. Hotel is a short walk away from old city attractions and the city's excellent public transport system. Totally recommended

Reviewed 13 July 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a month while studying in Istanbul. This hotel is in a great location, central to everything and walking distance to the Grand Bazaar, Hagia Sophia, and the Blue Mosque. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is located on a beautiful terrace with a spectacular view of the Hagia Sophia and the Golden Horn. A great experience!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We just completed a 23 days tour of Turkey - and the first six and last three nights we stayed at this hotel!
Rooms were great by European standards - clean, air conditioning and good beds. The hotel is within walking distance to almost every major attraction. For everything else the tram station is less two minutes away.
We got free pick-up from the airport, a free dinner at the hotel's restaurant and free drop off to the airport at the end of our stay!
Everything was great, and we will definitely stay here again next time!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights in early July 2010. That period entitled us to one free airport transfer and one free meal at one of the hotel's restaurants.
Overall, I consider this hotel to be fantastic value and possibly the best tourist class hotel in the city. After the cash-on-arrival discount, we paid about €57 per night which is an absolute bargain considering the many positive features of the place:
• the hotel and room are extremely clean
• all fittings are new and in good condition
• strong and free WIFI in the room
• TV with selection of English language channels
• strong air con and strong water pressure
• great location - only a few minutes walk to Gülhane tram stop.
• Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque and Topkapı Palace are less than 10 minutes walk away.
• friendly and efficient staff
• the hotel restaurants are excellent and unbeatable in terms of price and service. I know visiting restaurants in a new city is one of the pleasures (pitfalls) of travelling, but if I were to go back I would have all my meals at the hotel.
• the breakfast buffet was extensive and with enough variety to please most people.
Some of the possible drawbacks:
• the room we had was on the small side
• no bar fridge in the room
• there was no view from the room window (except a wall)
• the decor owes more to Ikea than Ottoman heritage (I'm not suggesting they have actually used Ikea products, but I think you know the look I mean).
• the bed was comfortable but the bedding consisted of one sheet and a cotton cover.

In summary, if value for money and location are your priorities, then I can't see how you could do better than this hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

3  Thank Chaucer
Reviewed 7 July 2010

I Just completed a ten days stay at Erboy hotel, and I really can't tell how much my wife and I were pleased, it was the best decision we made by selecting this wonderfll hotel.

The staff are very friendly and professional, very helpful and always ready to support you. They speak English fluently, which make it easy to communicate.

Our room was small, but very clean and everything was modern, and very well designed, with built in lighting and storage. Wonderful shower with great water pressure. The breakfast buffet was also very good and rich.

The location is perfect, only a short walking distance to all nice and touristic places and near many restaurants. We received a free airport transfer and dinner with our stay which was an additional bonus.

Special thanks to Jamila( the lady responsible for the cleaning), very kind and friendly, our two daughter loved her and also to Aysha for her good advice and guidance

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family