“Wonderful stay at Ilkay Hotel”
Review of Hotel Ilkay

Hotel Ilkay
Ranked #98 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Beirut, Lebanon
“Wonderful stay at Ilkay Hotel”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were in a triple room (#408) at Ilkay for one week (august 20-27). As mentioned in the hotel website, we got one night free for 7 nights reservation, free airport transport and 7% discount for cash payment. We have really enjoyed our stay in this hotel for many reasons:
1- the location is perfect for those who enjoyed staying in the old city. There was so many nice restaurants around. The Sirkeci Tramway stop was 300 m away while Gulhane stop is around 500 m away.
2- The smell of the hotel (rooms, corridor...) reflects its cleanness. We got a warm welcome letter from the staff who knows English very well. We felt we are at home.
3- The breakfast room is very clean, wide, variety of dishes: honey, omelets, French fries, cheese, tomato, cucumber, cereal, yoghurt, martadelle, fresh bread, tea, coffee, orange juice,
4- An excellent internet connection in the room. There was a free laptop access for free in the reception area.
Everything written on the website is real 100%. Very professional. I will definitely stay at this hotel during my next trip to Istanbul. It is important to note that the hotel is equipped with 3 elevators which is rare to find in an hotel located in the old city, Thank you Mrs Ceren for her quick correspondance, Mr Ramazan for his warm welcome.....You made our stay wonderful. Noha from Lebanon

Room Tip: all rooms are good, 408 was calm.
Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Hotel Ilkay, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Nohag;

I am Faruk Boyaci, the owner of Ilkay Hotel. I would like to thank you for your kind words about Ilkay Hotel. We are grateful to you sharing your experience for our future guests. Do no forget us.

If you need any kind of assistance in the future within Ilkay Hotel or in Istanbul, I would love to hear from you.

Faruk Boyaci

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Four of us took a girls trip in August 2013 and staying here was one of the highlights of our trip to Turkey. The rooms were clean and they offered quick service at every point. They provided amenities like hair dryer, hot water, drinking water, coffee and tea maker, etc. The room from our room was of a construction site however we didn't mind it since we spent very little time in the room. The breakfast is on till 1030am and is a pretty decent spread with some local Turkish cheese, honey comb... Special mention must be made for Ramazan and his team who helped us at every step with directions as well as planning our itinerary. The hotel is so well located with 2 tram stations located a couple of minutes away, the Sultanahmet region about 10 mins walk away. It was perfect. Also since we travelled to cappadocia in between, they stored our suitcases for us. All in all, when I head back to Turkey I'm definitely staying at this hotel again.

Sirkecigroup, Owner at Hotel Ilkay, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear deedeetravels;

It is very kind of you to take the time to write about us. I really appreciate your kind support. I have shared your comments with our staff and especially Ramazan. They are all happy to hear these words and send their regards to you.

If you need any assistance in the future, please contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you very much.

Goreme, Turkey
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Friendly and helpful staff. Walking distance from Haja Sophia Blue Mosque, spice market as well as ferries and tram station.
Rooms were clean and hotel serves good breakfast and 24/7 support staff on site. They even cancelled our 1st night stay without any penalties as our flight got cancelled and we flew next evening.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Hotel Ilkay, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Family_NJ_USA;

Thank you for your kind comments about Ilkay Hotel. I am Faruk Boyaci, the owner of Ilkay Hotel. How nice of you to leave a review here. We all appreciate it.

If I may be of any assistance to you either in Istanbul or within Ilkay Hotel, you can contact me directly at faruk@istanbul.com.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Just returned to Australia from a recent trip to Turkey stayed at this hotel for 10 days. Staff at the reception very good and cannot do enough for you, the rooms are kept very clean and the service is excellent. Within walking distance to all sites, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar, tram at your fron door should you want to venture out further away. The food is amazing and again the hotel is in the right location for everything that you could possible want. The cleaning staff do not speak English however this is not a problem as the reception will always act as an interpreter if needed. Great family hotel and would recommend to anyone that is travelling there.

Fatima Edries Perth Australia

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the back of the hotel alot quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank fatima_edries
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Hotel Ilkay, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Dear fatima_edries;

I would like to thank you for your review. I am so happy to read your words. How nice of you to take time and write your experience. I apprecaite it.

If I may be of any assistance to you in the future, please contact me directly on faruk@istanbul.com.

Sincerely

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Decided to stay here based on previous reviews. Air conditioner doesn't work and no offer for different room. Light over bathroom sink burned out and the coffee service in room wasn't clean. Staff is nice enough and brought electric fans to compensate for no air con. Arrived around 1800 and room wasn't ready.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bob Q
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Hotel Ilkay, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Bob Q;

Thank you very much for your review. My name is Faruk Boyaci, I am the owner of Ilkay Hotel - Istanbul.

I feel deeply sorry for what you have experienced with us. In my opinion, 2 out of 5 is really good and believe me I would have given 1 out of 5. Your review and such is a lesson to be learned and shows us the right path in this business. I cannot thank you enough.

Please accept our apologies. If you plan to come back to Istanbul, I would love to take this opportunity to meet you in person and make it up to you.

Here is my direct contact details; faruk@istanbul.com / 0090 532 312 9287

You can contact me if you need anything.

Hope to see you again
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This week I was in Istanbul with the accommodations of Hotel Ilkay. The place is in Sirkeci, this is a centre location for the historical monuments and mosques. The price and the personnel who are every second available for the questions I had are really great to have a fine vacation in Istanbul. I advice everybody to pick Ilkay hotel for a good beginning of your vacation. I will come back soon!

Sirkecigroup, Owner at Hotel Ilkay, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Dear Antonio1905;

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. We are really happy to know you have enjoyed your stay.

If you need anything in the future from us or Istanbul, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Exellent hotel good location. Very good personal especially fatih and ugur kindly. Super top hotel. Clean rooms and mot noisy. You are within 10 min in the center enough to do in the near of hotel. Breakfast is good. You can walk to blue mosk and agia sofia