“Nice hotel, and great location”

Hotel Inter Istanbul
Ranked #466 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The hotel is very nice, and the location is perfect. I would gladly use this hotel again when returning to Istanbul. Staff was very helpful and they picked us up and returned us to the airport in a large van.

Room Tip: I like room 602, it was high enough you have a nice view of the sea and nice breeze in the evenings.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank carl g

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed for four nights at this hotel. It has a very positive feature of being extremely close to some of the most important tourist sites of Istanbul. That includes five minute walk to the tram system. Additionally it has excellent wireless access in all rooms. We were fortunate enough to be on the sixth floor which provided nice views over the Marmara Sea. Other rooms would not provide this view. Unfortunately the staff were not particularly helpful and did not appear to know that there were many excellent restaurants within a couple of hundred metres of the hotel. The breakfast at the hotel is not worth the ride in the lift. The rooms are extremely basic and noise from other occupants is a real problem. There are many other hotels which have the same access to tourist sites and public transport and they would provide a better option than this particular hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RossDaniels
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Good for money you pay. very good location.It is simply hotel, but nice one, in good location - very close to the tram; just oposite of Grand Bazaar. They do not have a parking, but no other hotel in this area has a parking. Anyway it is not a problem, as few hudrets meter is big parking for 15 lira for 24 hours.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel in six months and I was again very happy with the experience. As before, rooms are extremely competitively priced at just over $60 a night. The rooms might be kind of small but for those kind of savings, that's an acceptable trade-off. The location is also excellent, literally across the street from the Grand Bazaar and a leisurely 15 minute walk to the Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque. However, because the hotel itself is a couple of streets off the main drag of the Ordu Caddesi, you don't get all of the associated traffic and street noise. I also really appreciated that the hotel took my requests to heart and gave me just the type of room that I wanted. I had requested a room with a view of the Golden Horn and that's just what I got.

The hotel and associated rooms will not win any prizes for architectural design or beauty but everything is kept spotlessly clean and in good working order, and that goes a long ways with me. Breakfast was usually from 0730-1000 and was varied enough in its composition to leave me satisfied every time. However, the biggest hit with me was the consummate professional service provided by the hotel's employees. As in my last stay, it was Latif who once again provided great advice and assistance with any necessary hotel and travel arrangements. He truly was a lot of help and is of great value added to the hotel administration. Needless to say, I will return to Istanbul again in the future and look forward to renewing my acquaintance with the Hotel Inter. Thanks again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with views of the Golden Horn. The best ones are on the sixth floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ulical
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I travel a lot and often on my own. Checked all the reviews before picking this Hotel and all the reviews where right on the money. It is an excellent choice. Right from being picked up at the Airport and brought directly back to the Hotel was a nice start to the stay. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Liked the Safe in the room and able to deadbolt the door when leaving.Bathroom everything worked fine. The Internet connection was good. Liked how they had a connection for each floor. More hotels should do this. Breakfast was excellent everyday. It looked like that whatever nationality you were there was enough food to satisfy everybody. Hotel staff were friendly and was always somebody around. I am very self sufficient when travelling so I did not need any help from the hotel staff. Must not forget to say a great location as well close to the Tram, Grand Bazar and short walk to the other main sites. Very safe area as well. I would not hesitate in recommending this Hotel and am glad to write this review for other travellers.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank paul k
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the 2nd time during first week of april 2013.

My previous review of this hotel was excellent. I see no reason to change my view after my stay this time.

We had a free pick up from the airport and i paid 57 liras for a drop back to the airport when we left.

There are some good changes i noticed we were last here.
1. new 32inch lcd tv on the wall
2. breakfast menu changed slightly each day

we had small children and too be honest they often created a noise when in reception. The staff were really friendly and when i apologised for there behaviour i was told that it was no problem.

location is brill which is why we wanted to stay here again.

5 stars again

when we come again we will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank amin c
Reviewed 30 March 2013

This was a very confutable hotel for us with 4-yeas son. Very nice pice, sufficient quality breakfast and very friendly stuffs. As other visitors mentioned, this was really close to the main tram route (1-2 min), but we went to bule mosquee (one of the main attractions) by walk with baby-baggy in 10 min. Additionally, we asked them pick-up service from/to Ataturk airport. It was nice. It costed 25 euros but it let us feel very safety and relax. If you have a baby baggy, I recommend you to use this service. I have a nice trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family