“With Money to Spare”

Ranked #454 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Escondido, California
“With Money to Spare”
Reviewed 19 October 2010

The Hotel Inter Istanbul located just one street back from the main source of transportation for the do-it-yourself traveler. The H.I.I. is a great place to hang your hat while taking in the classic sites of Istanbul. Positioned across the street from the Beyazit Mosque and Grand Bazaar make it great for those looking to frequent the touristic shopping center of Istanbul. Since you will be saving money staying in the hotel you'll have more money to spend on shopping and the pricey tourist sites of interest.

The hotel has the standard amenities (wi-fi internet is now a standard amenity). Even though I've never been blown away by the demeanor of the reception staff/manager I find myself often returning with groups to this hotel for the sake of convenience and economy.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Oaxaca
Reviewed 25 September 2010

For a no frills hotel in a great location, the Hotel Inter would be hard to beat. The breakfast room is cheerful, the clientele is international, and there are tables on the sidewalk in front where one can sit and have a drink. The rooms are spotlessly clean, very basic, with everything one needs, including free, efficient internet access. The staff is friendly and helpful. Turkish is a challenge, and they speak good English, which is a big help. The free shuttle service to the airport is a real plus. The hallways are dark, and the decor is minimal, but the prices are very fair, and the breakfast is generous. For the traveler who is out enjoying the city most of the day, the Hotel Inter is an excellent choice. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2010

My family and I (six in total) were due to stay for 10 nights from 30 August .Having looked at many of the reviews on this site regarding this hotel I felt pleased that we had made the right choice.We had booked two triple rooms.

When we arrived we felt somewhat uneasy at the reception area due to its unkempt and run down condition.When we were shown our rooms my wife almost fainted.

The rooms were barely double rooms with three beds squeezed in.The carpets in the corridors and rooms were dirty and smelly.The lift is some remnant of an earlier age barely allowing three people to bundle in and quite frankly dangerous as it does not have a safety door so that as you go up or down you actually see the floors passing by.

We were so disappointed by what we found that after the first night we thankfully found another hotel to which we moved.

Rahim (England)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
, Manager at Hotel Inter Istanbul, responded to this review, 30 September 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for your valuable opinion of our hotel and we hope you had an amazing time in our wonderful city.

We absolutely respect each and every guest's opinion of which we take positively as an experience to better our facilities and services.

Most of our new guests are booking rooms with us based on their consideration, expectation and maybe adequate knowledge that they're indeed booking a 2-star hotel with basic facilities and sufficient amount of comfort, not a 4 or 5 star hotel with all the usual perks that people who are accustomed to luxury-type of hotel expects. We ain't luxury as yet. That's the prime reason why a lot of them were extremely satisfied and some have exceeded their expectations of our hotel. We do feel sorry though that we did not meet your expectations.

On the other hand, our regular guests who kept staying with us through the years knows exactly what to expect and commend us for improvements that surprise them during their returns.

As for our lobby, based on our guests suggestions which we truly value, have been refurbished since late last year, so the "rundown condition" comment is baffling for us.
Unless people are expecting a grandiose lobby with imposing ceilings, intricate walls and ornamental chandeliers. Ours is just simple, basically modest but amply functional for most of our guests.

Our rooms are well kept, we take pride in it when guests are commending us for the "daily room make-ups, fresh clean towels, sparkling bathrooms" etc..
Our carpets in the corridor areas are cleaned on a daily basis.

Since our hotel have been established, no guest have been endangered taking our lift or elevator.

As we always say, even the most expensive hotel and hotel chains gets a fair share of disappointed guests - and so do we. And that what makes the hospitality industry a fair business, people have different perspective, in different categories with different expectations and tastes.

We aren't a part of swanky hotel chains nor the classy big brands in the hospitality industry, as we are a family-run/oriented hotel, so we do partake to our valued guests what a family member should partake to another family member.

For the good reviews, we thank them, for the not-so-good ones, we thank them the same as it gives us pleasure and opportunity to serve and strive hard to please each and every guests of Hotel Inter Istanbul.

Again, we thank you.

Orhan Guney
Manager
Craiova, Romania
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We've spent 7 nights in Istanbul.
The hotel is just great!
Very good position (close to most historical atractions, grand bazar and tram station). Staff very friendly and very prepared(good english and helpful indications). The room was big enough, LCD, A/C, mini fridge Wi/Fi. Very clean. Nice bathroom. Daily cleaning.Breakfast more than OK. Overall a very nice hotel with good prices.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Mosul, Iraq
Reviewed 2 September 2010

from the early reservation the staff was friendly, the were at airport, and they offered us what we expected for 2 weeks in istanbul, from clean rooms to daily trip advices, as a big family with children it was in a good area, near to historical sites and grand bazar, near to the transportation options of istanbul. i recomend it to stay as a family.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Glasgow
Reviewed 21 August 2010

I enjoyed my stay at INTER hotel in Istanbul. we were a big family with youg children. the hotel staff were fantastic, friendly and helpful. Will not hesitate to take the extra step to help you and give you the right advise on where to go and how to get there. they were always on time. The hotel is clean and tidy and its location is central with very reasonable price.
I will recommend it again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank AALGlasgow
cairo
Reviewed 9 August 2010

This is my fourth time to stay in Inter Istanbul. I just want to say that it is one of the best hotels I ever stayed in,<I travel a lot>. The Manager ,The receptionists Mr. Latif, Mr.Ugur, & Mr. Metin are very helpful, & friendly. The waiters,& driver are very polite.
The hotel is renovated & is very ,very clean!
Due to some circumstances,at the begining of my trip,I stayed in a hotel in Taksim, I was not happy at all & moved to my favorite Inter.
I want to congratulate the owner, & thank every staff member.I will always stay in it!
Keep it up!!!!!!!!

.This my fourth time to stay in Inter.It is one of the best hotels I found.
Due to some circumstances I stayed in Taksim in another hotel but was not satisfied ,so i moved to Inter when I found an available room. I want to thank the Manager, The receptionists Mr. Latif,Mr. Ugur, & Mr.Metin.They are very nice, friendly & helpful. I also want to thank the whole staff for the good work!
The hotel is very,very, clean; Breakfast is very rich, Location is perfect! Trams & buses are very close. It is safe to stay there.
I want to congratulate the owner, i will always stay ther whenever in Istanbul.
Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!