All reviewsrooftop restaurantgalata bridgebreakfast staff were lovelythe friendly hotel staffsirkeci tram stopold citygreat locationtop floorprinces islandssirkeci areawalking distanceferry boathotel roomthree starwifi connectionspice marketcafes and restaurants
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I stayed here for about 10 days and had a great time. My single room looked out over the main road, which was always noisy in the day, with trams and other traffic passing and lots of hooting. However, this stopped late in the evening and I slept really well with no traffic to disturb me.
My room was clean, spacious enough and had all I needed. (There was a fridge which was useful - it contained water and a few minibar drinks, but these were hotel prices, a shop across the road sold water for 1tl.) The bathroom was roomy and fine with a powerful shower and the maid service was excellent.
The roof restaurant had views over the Bosphorus and I enjoyed my Turkish breakfasts each day. There was always plenty of choice, and although some of my companions found many dishes a bit spicy I thought the dishes were tasty and well prepared. We did have one dinner in the restaurant too, but although this gave a great opportunity to view Istanbul and the Bosphorus at night, the food was rather disappointing. Much better to sample one of the many little restaurants in the area.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful - I think it was a family hotel - and I would definitely stay there again. Very highly recommended

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2012

In a brilliant location to explore Sultanhammet. Staff very helpful & pleasant. Rooms a bit small & tired looking.On main tram line, excellent restaurants all near. Walk to most historical places.When you go to Princes island do not take horse & cart pure rip off. 60 TL for nothing, stopping for a 10 min rest in middle of nowhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This hotel is small but very clean. My room was very small but very clean. The staff in this hotel went out of their way to help us. They made a number of phone calls dying to find information on everything we needed including swimming pools n spas. The breakfast was a little on the spicy side for my mild tastes but again they did everything they could to find something I liked. I would highly recommend the restaurant for dinner. It was one of the best dinners I had during my trip. I would highly recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2012

It's a budget hotel, about 18 kms from the Airport but very, very close (walking distance) from the main attractions of Istanbul, viz Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya and the Grand Bazar (all are less than 1 km away). Another added advantage is the proximity to Tram Service (the track passes from outside the hotel entrance), and the Istanbul mainlike station. We caught our intrenational train to Bulgaria and that was just about 700-800 metres away.
The room sizes are great. We went there on our wedding anniversary as a young couple, and the receptionish upgraded our room to one on top floor- HUGE room with great furnishings. However, the breakfast (included in the room tariff) was very basic, nothing to write home about. Service is average (we had to pull our own luggage).
All in all- a budget hotel, FANTASTIC location, average service, good-sized and tidy rooms, but average service and food. However our idea was to get an economy place where you will only spend the evenings and nights and spend rest of the day exploring the city. So it suited us well. So take your pick accordingly. Enjoy Istanbul:)

Room Tip: Try and avoid the room above the main entrance as it faces the main road.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nish_SG
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed there this week and was not at all pleased with the room. I will get to that in a minute.

First the good: The location is just between to key tram stops so it is easy to find and get to. There are five or six other hotels on the same stretch and restaurants to match, plus the tram. Also it is about a ten minute walk to many of the key attractions, so quite convenient.

Rooftop breakfast is nice, and a gorgeous view. Not sure what some of the food was, but it was ok for a breakfast at a hotel in Europe. Service there was ok, not memorable.

The hotel mostly caters to European couples it seemed seeing the breakfast crowd. Not a lot of solo travelers and few if any from the states. My sense is that they did not like me because I am from the states - I got that from the breakfast staff and certainly the front desk staff.

The desk staff was marginally helpful, one guy just plain surly. Dont understand why you are in the hospitality industry if you are going to be that way.

Now to my room. I stayed in 510. The room has no window, the only room on any floor without one. Why fill that room if the hotel is not full? Secondly, it has a window which opens to a chase of all the _10 rooms so that you can hear all of the people in all the floors - so if you need the window opened because the room is so damn hot, and the AC works horribly, then you open in the window and hear the people up at 7am or getting in late at 1am. Both happened. Don't know why the AC was so bad, no cool air whatsoever even on high. A poor excuse for an AC system. I left there hot, sticky, and rudely interrupted; not at all a pleasant experience. There are other hotels on the same block, Romance, Orient Express and more, try those first and never ever stay in a room ending at _10 at this hotel.

One other point, the internet password was part of my password number, I am not sure how I feel about that being used and that record being retained by this hotel...

Room Tip: do not stay in the _10 rooms, ask to move. Make sure the AC works.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo