“Amazing”

Ranked #108 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Amazing”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

It is Amazing hotel, everything is ideal,location,clean,staff and services .. I recommend this hotel for families in Istanbul.
Metro station. Is 2 minutes walking.
Sapphire mall is only 2minutes walking.
Bus station is 2 minutes walking.
Taxi station is one minutes also .
Supermarket is very near

Room Tip: Club rooms in high floors with privileges
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cigdem T, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time and commenting on our services; we really appreciate it and value our esteemed guests' opinion such as yours very much.

Your feedback encourage us towards our aim to deliver, heartfelt, genuine care, personalized and uncompromising service in all guest interactions. These comments such as yours are the best tool for us not only to maintain but further improve our quality and service.

Mövenpick Hotel Istanbul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Hotel located near metro, easy to access to anywhere by metro. Food is great and room is spacy with good view. Hotel desk, concierge and guest relations are very helpful. Although staying in non smoking room, and floor but along the corridor there are always bad smell of smoking cigarette.

Room Tip: Non smoking room is better .
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

I have most certainly shared your kind comment regarding the cigarette smoke in the corridors with our Executive Housekeeper. Our Housekeeping Team will thoroughly clean the floors with ozone machines. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and also thank you for pointing this out to us.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I returned to this wonderful hotel in May and it just gets better!! Not only are the hotel staff the most professional (and well-dressed!), efficient, friendly, customer focused, can't-do-enough for their customers kind of people that I have ever encountered over my past 10 years of business travel all over EMEAR but they also listen to feedback and take immediate action!

In my previous review of my stay in February, I made a minor comment that the room decor and toiletries were perhaps too focused on male clientele. When I arrived back in May, my room was filled with feminine touches and treats. Pink flowers, a bottle of Rose, a plate of strawberries and petit fours, a beige bed throw instead of dark brown and a gift pack of vanilla scented shower gel, toilet water and soap, together with a lovely card from the manager welcoming me back to the hotel and thanking me for my feedback and comments. How amazingly fabulous is that!

I'm already looking forward to my next stay in a couple of weeks. I must try the chocolate massage this time around, as recommended by one of the other reviewers - it sounds wonderful :-)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Cigdem T, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 31 August 2013

It was and will always be our pleasure to ensure your comfort and I look very much forward to welcoming you back at the Mövenpick Hotel Istanbul in the following weeks.

Cambridge
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband on a business trip. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The staff are amazingly helpful. Great spa, have a chocolate massage if you get the time. We have been back three times.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed here for a day on a business trip.
Pros: Conveniently located in business district. A train/ MRT station is just behind the hotel. Nice cafe and open-air seating area.
Cons: Not very friendly or helpful staff, not very convenient for tourist for the same reason as in "pros".
Room was big enough, good amenities for a business traveler. Nice bathroom and good quality toiletries. Good selection of tea/coffee in the room. Food I did not try, as we had lunch/dinner outside.
Common area kept very tidy and clean. Good seating arrangements for a short meeting with few business people or a chit-chat with a friend on coffee. Cafe staff good and attentive. other services strictly average definitely not a "wow" factor. Concierge, in particular, dd not impress. As a first time visitor I expected her to help, but the lady replied in very business-like manner without any particular interest or help.
Though I was satisfied with the hotel, I would certainly try another hotel next time, and definitely not stay as a tourist there next time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

I have most certainly shared your kind comment regarding our guest relations services with our Front Office Manager as well as our Human Resources Manager and Training Executive. I would like apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and also thank you for the positive feedback on our Lobby Bar BarAdoX team. As Mövenpick we focus on extending to our guests a genuine and generous service. Your kind feedback will be part of our departmental quality trainings.

I hope otherwise your stay was enjoyable; It was and will always be our pleasure to ensure your comfort and I look very much forward to welcoming you back at the Mövenpick Hotel each time you visit Istanbul.

Cigdem Toskay

Quality Manager
Ottawa
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed at the Movenpick for 5 days. The hotel is conveniently located and is right next to a mall. The rooms are nice, but not too large. The breakfast is excellent. The dine-in options are pretty good too. The mall next door has lots of food options, however, if you're in Istanbul, then food is everywhere and is of excellent quality, so roam around and explore!

The only complain I have is the slow checkout service, and after having stayed at a lot of hotels, I would rate this one as a 4 star and not a five star.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Syntron

I have most certainly shared your kind comment regarding our check-out services with our Front Office Manager. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. This will be a point to consider during our next Quality Meeting in September with the Executive Committee. Thank you again for pointing this out to us.

I hope otherwise your stay was enjoyable; it was and will always be our pleasure to ensure your comfort and I look very much forward to welcoming you back at the Mövenpick Hotel each time you visit Istanbul.

Cigdem Toskay

Quality Manager
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Moevenpick a few days for my second time on business and I must say I will definitely come back. It is close to main business addresses as well as a short cab ride away from the Bosporus. The staff is extremely pleasant and helpful and the room has all the needed features including the famous bathroom opening into the main area for natural light (I was on the 14th floor). I would recommend it for business traveler who do not care that much about the views or staying in a noisy vacation resort. Never waited for a cab more than 10 seconds, wifi throughout.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business