“Nice, clean, comfortable and good dining”

Movenpick Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #98 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed one night in the Movenpick hotel. I was lucky to be upgraded to a room on the executive floor allowing free access to the upper lounge with complimentary drinks and snacks. The staff was always very helpful and polite. The gym and spa is at the lower floor and provides a good environment for keeping fit and relaxing. In the evening I dined in the main restaurant and for a set price I had the full buffet. The quality of the food is really impressive and you can see they put a lot of effort. I had a full breakfast the following morning with access to the buffet and the choice was really varied.
The room was clean tidy and quiet despite being in a busy part of the city. The hotel is situated in the business area with sky scrapers surrounding it and not much view of the older city or Bosphorus. There is good tramway and bus links around for the public transport if you do not want to get a taxi.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nigel C
ekerderya, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

There are newer reviews for Movenpick Hotel Istanbul

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed two nights with my daughter. We had a very friendly and professional welcome when we arrived. We were assigned a very nice room with a rollaway bed already prepared in the room on arrival. The bellman showed us all the facilities of the room without being pushy. The hotel had a very good fitness room, sauna, and an indoor pool in the basement. All pretty well run, it seemed. We had lounge access which was very nice with a good breakfast and happy hour set-up. The hotel was next to a small shopping mall on one side and a subway station just behind the hotel on the other side. So it was as convenient as could be. Metro was easy to use and understand. I will come back and stay longer next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Eric H
Cigdem T, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time and commenting on our services; we really appreciate it and value our esteemed guests' opinion such as yours very much. Your feedback encourage us towards our aim to deliver, heartfelt, genuine care, personalized and uncompromising service in all guest interactions. These comments such as yours are the best tool for us not only to maintain but further improve our quality and service.It was and will always be our pleasure to ensure your comfort and I look very much forward to welcoming you back at the Mövenpick Hotel each time you visit Istanbul. Best regards, Mövenpick Hotel Istanbul

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days in a business trip. It was one of the best experiences I had in any hotel. The location was excellent, only 1 min walk to the metro station from where you can take a metro and be in Taksim square in less than 10 min. Very good food in the hotel and i can bet on it that this is the best breakfast you can get in any hotel. the buffet had tons of variety and best quality food. I had 4 breakfasts here and still didnt taste everything becuase there is so much choice.

The rooms are excellent, very clean, amazing bathrooms and comfortable beds. I would definetly stay here again without a doubt.

the staff is very helpful and always smiling. the staff helped me organise my conference which wasnt thier job but that were nice enough do do so!

All in all, AMAZING !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Waqasd777
Cigdem T, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Reviewed 23 April 2014

staying here with family (two teenage daughters, wife) for several days. Very clean hotel, modern good rooms, great service really caring with many details. Good pool including also steam room and sauna, massage per request. Metro just around the corner, 10 minutes to taksim place with same metro. Great hospitality. WiFi very good.
Only downside is the relative poor entertainment: no movies to rent from the room, a DVD player and movies are provided upon request, but the hotel has only ONE! TV in Turkey not really good, and TV does offer a limited selection of channels.
Great to hear in the morning te muezzin from the close by mosque.
Istanbul is a great place to visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Fstrasser
ekerderya, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The Movenpick hotel Istanbul is by far the best hotel I have stayed in for the past 10 years. I have been in Istanbul more than 25 times and this hotel achieved a surprising level of service.

Starting with the reception staff. They were all smiling (which is rare in Turkey), very helpful and prompt. All requested were answered in a timely manner.

Breakfast was rich with all varieties and tastes fulfilled. The staff was very helpful. We were going on a Bosphorus tour midday and asked them for a small snack box to take with on the trip. They were more than happy to provide.

The hotel's location is in 4 Levent which is a business district. There are 3 malls near by. Would recommenced Metro City.

Metro Station is right across the hotel entrance. With the metro your life in Istanbul would be a lot easier.

I would like to congratulate the hotel team and the manager for this type of service, and would like to encourage them to reach the level of Unbelievable service that is astonishingly fantastic in which the customer would never forget.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. But you need to select the pillow that suits you best. There is a full menu of p...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ktabbalat
ekerderya, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Excellent location. Courteous staff and one of the best customer service you can imagine. We were on a business trip and decided to go for a meeting at the roof top bar. The bar staff were extremely courteous and even offered us a conference room for an hour although not pre booked for us to get on to a confidential conference call. This is what is called going above and beyond call of duty. Will definitely stay here every time I come to Istanbul

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 April 2014

A very good hotel, everything that you might expect from a progressive, brand concious and evidently well managed chain hotel. Good attention to detail and excellent personal service at all levels from start to finish. We ate for dinner once and breakfast on three occasions and found the offerings to be excellent in all respects. I was particularly impressed that the breakfast staff remembered that I preferred my first coffee "with attitude" with the second a little less so. I have no hesitation in recommending the hotel itself - it was excellent. My wife, who does know a thing or two about good food, said that the scrambled eggs were the best she had tasted in a hotel anywhere in the world - which is praise indeed from the highest level.

When I next visit Istanbul, having only scratched the surface of this incredible city, I will be staying nearer the centre I feel. The hotel location is very convenient for the excellent M2 metro line in itself, reception being a matter of two minutes easy walk from the "4 Levent" station. However, the somewhat disjointed nature of the Istanbul metro and tram system makes a journey to the key sites more of an expedition than a simple trip when compared to my experiences of other cities. I appreciate that this is no fault of the hotel but it is something of which travellers should be aware. The time we spent travelling to and from the hotel did impact our visit significantly and made the days very long. Personally, next time, I'd put up with a hotel of a lesser standard and repute to avoid the footwork.

To sum up - if you're in Istanbul for business, this is an excellent choice. If you're in Istanbul to do the tourist thing - perhaps not the best choice.

Room Tip: I'm sure they're all excellent rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hardascustard
ekerderya, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time and commenting on our services; we really appreciate it and value our esteemed guests' opinion such as yours very much.Your feedback encourage us towards our aim to deliver, heartfelt, genuine care, personalized and uncompromising service in all guest interactions.