Movenpick Hotel Istanbul
US$250
US$234
Swissotel.com
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$147
US$96
Agoda.com
1,322 results
All reviewsmetro stationbusiness districtbusiness hotelbusiness tripkanyon mallmovenpick ice creamexecutive roomexcellent hotelroom servicebreakfast buffet isnice staymini barconvenient locationcomfortable roomstaksim squareturkeyold city
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My company recently held a two-day seminar at the Movenpick Istanbul where almost 60 people travelled in from around the world. While we all had a great experience and were treat very well by the hotel staff, the only real complaint - and this was a consistent one - was the location in relation to other interesting parts of Istanbul. Granted we were there to sit in a conference room, but after business hours the CBD location did become a bit of a drag.

The hotel itself is smart, not the most luxurious Movenpick I've stayed in but certainly up there. The food was good with a great selection of local and international cuisine and the bar on the top floor gave fantastic views at sunset (of the CBD, naturally).

The conference facilities were first rate, plenty of room to breakout and a space that accommodated our crowd and two huge projection screens very comfortably.

If you have business in this part of town, I'd thoroughly recommend this hotel. Otherwise, it's probably too far out of the way in crazy Istanbul traffic to be convenient, including Attaturk Airport, which is at the opposite side of the city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ekerderya, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time and commenting on our services; we really appreciate it and value our esteemed guests' opinion such as yours very much. Your feedback encourage us towards our aim to deliver, heartfelt, genuine care, personalized and uncompromising service in all guest interactions. These comments such as yours are the best tool for us not only to maintain but further improve our quality and service.It was and will always be our pleasure to ensure your comfort and I look very much forward to welcoming you back at the Mövenpick Hotel each time you visit Istanbul. Best regards, Mövenpick Hotel Istanbul

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We have just come back from staying at this hotel. Excellent service, wonderful room we stayed in on the 4th floor and as for their restuarant, the best wok noodles with vegetables I have ever eaten. We had their buffet one night as well and really excellent.

Stayed: July 2014
ekerderya, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed there for couple of days in June 2014. I really liked it. Near to business area, in asian side of Istanbul. Breakfast excellent, clean bedrooms. I am looking forward to stay again in this hotel, in my next trip in July 2014

Room Tip: choose top floors, to have city view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ekerderya, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Moevenpick Istanbul for a few days, while attending a conference in the city. I didn't choose the hotel for any other reason than that was where the conference was being held. The next time I am in the city I will choose it because it is some of the best service I have ever received.
I am allergic to all dairy products and find it very difficult to find good food especially when I am travelling away from home which is currently Dubai. The restaurant manageress in the Moevenpick met me each mealtime and personally made sure the chef prepared a meal of my choosing, which was always of a very high standard.
The manageress ran a fantastic restaurant and I was not the only person to receive great food and great service, but she definitely went the extra mile for me.
Overall the hotel was very good from checkin to checkout, with absolutely no complaints whatsoever.
Thanks to everyone who made my stay great.
Martin.

1  Thank Martinmc1967

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Whenever I travel to Istanbul I prefer to go to an Hotel more centrally located. Sometime my favorite one is fully booked or I need to stay closer to my office (which is not central located) and in this case Moevenpick is definitely my choice. Value for money is excellent: it's a true 5 star hotel, very new, with whatever you may expect from an high class stay. Rooms are very spacious, like suite, with all you may need: brand new flat screen with satellite channels, big bed with a choice of different pillows, high speed wifi internet (free of charge), slippers, large work desk and a big marbled bathroom with a window on the room (which i really like since it makes a lot of light and make you think the bathroom is even bigger). Amenities in bathroom are very good (especially the soap, organic, which i like a lot) and shower is really nice (I like powerful shower, and this is one of those). Breakfast is really good, one of the best I had: lots of choices, cold and warm, pastries, waffles, yogurts, different types of honeys and cereals (including different types of muesli), eggs, sausages, fruit, fresh juices and many more (only downside was i could not have an expresso, but american coffee was decent). Location is not so good, especially if you are here for tourism: you need to take a cab or do a relative long trip on public transportation to go to the center and Istanbul hotspots, it's manageable but i can understand it could an hassle.
Conclusion: if you don't need or you simply don't care to be in a central spot, this is definitely one of the best choice you can in Istanbul, true value for money.

2  Thank ZeddicusRome
ekerderya, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014