“A pleasant experience”

Movenpick Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #97 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked and pre-paid ahead and when we checked in the front office staff convinced us (very nicely) to take an upgrade to the executive floor, a good decision as is came with some nice goodies such as happy hour access, free wifi, free laundry (2 pc/room/day) etc. We enjoyed our stay, the staff was very friendly and helpful and assisted with all our needs. Location-wise (we visited Istanbul for leisure) it's not really ideal as it's a bit far from the old town and major attractions, but no regrets. The rooms were nice, well appointed and functional, plus we were lucky as we had an upgrade to a junior suite. The hotel is at a major road with heavy traffic, but the noise insulation was excellent. F&B was good, we enjoyed the breakfast buffet a lot as it had a good selection of local and international food; the happy hour between 18:00 and 20:00 was always a lot of fun to meet other guests. All in all value for money!

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a great view!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Flohk59
ekerderya, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time and commenting on our services; we really appreciate it and value our esteemed guests' opinion such as yours very much. Your feedback encourage us towards our aim to deliver, heartfelt, genuine care, personalized and uncompromising service in all guest interactions. These comments such as yours are the best tool for us not only to maintain but further improve our quality and service.It was and will always be our pleasure to ensure your comfort and I look very much forward to welcoming you back at the Mövenpick Hotel each time you visit Istanbul. Best regards, Mövenpick Hotel Istanbul

There are newer reviews for Movenpick Hotel Istanbul

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I spent 2 weeks in this hotel for business and it was good due to the proximity of the office, however the region is a bit far from the historical center, if you are a tourist there are better places to stay.
The room was comfortable, but the style is a bit weird, it seemed parts of the furniture were replaced after some time and don't really match.
Breakfast had good variety, however usually nobody to clean the tables and replace things. Coffee I had to take it myself...
But they try hard, several days there was a treat, sweets, fruits, something.
In general it is ok, not very happy about the 30 Euro fee for a second person on a double room charged every day on top of my business rate, but it was not a surprise...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TPietscher
ekerderya, Yönetici at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I had an a amazing stay at The Movenpick Hotel Istanbul. The hotel has tasteful interiors, very good customer service and excellent dinning with variety of sumptuous dishes. The Spa and gym and the entire facility are marvelous and very reasonably priced for a 5star hotel. I commend the selection of knowledgable frontline staffs , Sultan Ozkaya, Ali, Alda and great managers who made my stay pleasurable. I can't wait to be back to the Movenpick Istanbul and would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Katiekenn
ekerderya, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice for business purposes, the first time in 2011 and again in July 2014. The consistency of the hotel's excellence and attention to detail continues. Bright, modern with traditional elements, very quiet, good amenities, fabulous restaurant, and quintessential Turkish hospitality. It caters to business clientele near the Levent region of Istanbul. Only 30 minutes to the airport without traffice, about 50 minutes with traffic.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SwissMike1234
ekerderya, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My company recently held a two-day seminar at the Movenpick Istanbul where almost 60 people travelled in from around the world. While we all had a great experience and were treat very well by the hotel staff, the only real complaint - and this was a consistent one - was the location in relation to other interesting parts of Istanbul. Granted we were there to sit in a conference room, but after business hours the CBD location did become a bit of a drag.

The hotel itself is smart, not the most luxurious Movenpick I've stayed in but certainly up there. The food was good with a great selection of local and international cuisine and the bar on the top floor gave fantastic views at sunset (of the CBD, naturally).

The conference facilities were first rate, plenty of room to breakout and a space that accommodated our crowd and two huge projection screens very comfortably.

If you have business in this part of town, I'd thoroughly recommend this hotel. Otherwise, it's probably too far out of the way in crazy Istanbul traffic to be convenient, including Attaturk Airport, which is at the opposite side of the city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ekerderya, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We have just come back from staying at this hotel. Excellent service, wonderful room we stayed in on the 4th floor and as for their restuarant, the best wok noodles with vegetables I have ever eaten. We had their buffet one night as well and really excellent.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed there for couple of days in June 2014. I really liked it. Near to business area, in asian side of Istanbul. Breakfast excellent, clean bedrooms. I am looking forward to stay again in this hotel, in my next trip in July 2014

Room Tip: choose top floors, to have city view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ekerderya, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014