“Feeling like Home”

Ranked #351 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Tripoli, Libya
“Feeling like Home”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Me and my wife with our baby This was our first visit to Istanbul and I have chosen Taxim suites for our trip based on the review of other travelers, I was very happy of my choice, great location , good and helpful staff specially Gulsan and Nour they were very kind and helpful also the night shift person in the reception .generally all the staff are nice and collaborated for any advice I ask. There was some noise from the street but for me was acceptable it is normal to live in the heart of the city.also the room was clean with all facilities you may need to cook even if I didn't use the but we're available and clean, I strongly suggest these suites for people who like to stay in hotel with enough space and close to every thing.again my thanks to the staff.

Room Tip: Maybe if they choose upper floors will less noise I guess.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Taxim Suites Hotel through Tripadvisor

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in meeting your expectations.

I would like to inform you that we renovated all windows with double glass technology
to prevent the noise which comes from outside.

Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve our service. Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon.

Sincerely

Taxim Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and son for 4 nights. Staff were very accommodating and pleasant. Location was excellent - right opposite Taksim metro station and within waking distance of Taksim square and Istiklal Street. Plenty of local eateries - I would recommend in particular a Japanese restaurant called Udonya which is within 1 minute walking distance. The only gripe I had was the level of traffic noise outside - taxi drivers in Istanbul have are rather attached to their horns. I was fortunate enough to find a pair of ear plugs at a local market. This was the only downside to an otherwise very pleasant stay

Stayed October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It was great pleasure to host you.Your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional guest service.

to prevent the noise which comes from outside.

We hope to welcome you, whenever your travel needs bring you to this beautiful city Istanbul.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed at Taxim with my daughter and 2 nieces, the rooms are very roomy and comfortable. I will recommend this hotel and will stay here again and again.thanks to Elvan who carried my luggage to the shuttle, receptionists and the guy who works there during the day (forgot his name, he was so helpful and nice)

Room Tip: park suite is huge
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Taxim S, Yönetici at Taxim Suites, responded to this review, 20 December 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for sharing your lovely comment about our hotel and rewarding review about your experience. We would be delighted to welcoming you back soon.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The hotel is situated in the middle of the European center of Istanbul. Taksim Square is some 300 meters away. The suites are very modern and comfortable. Some traffic noise in my room. There are lots of restaurants around the hotel.
A very pleasant stay altogether.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much indeed for staying with us during your recent visit to İstanbul and for your thoughtful review.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to find that you were satisfied with our hospitality.I would like to inform you that we renovated all the windows with double glass technology to prevent from the noise which comes from the outside.

I would like to thank you once again, and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again with us in the near future.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Amazing hotel service location city will do it again for sure we were three girls felt very safe and welcomed workers were helpful and friendly it was a great experience I advide u to stsy in this hotel

• Stayed September 2013
Taxim S, Yönetici at Taxim Suites, responded to this review, 20 December 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, and your kind words. We take the comments of our guests very seriously, as our goal is to always improve on meeting and exceeding expectations.
We are very proud of our team here at the Taxim Suites, they have built a reputation of excellence through their hard work and dedication to guest satisfaction.

Yours in hospitality,

London, Canada
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed at Taxim suites for 10 days with my family. The purpose of the trip was a conference as well as personal holiday. I have researched hotels near the Istanbul convention center extensively and chose Taxim suites because it offered us a suite with a large living room and a decent size bedroom as well as a small kitchenette. It sleeps three people easily with a bed placed in the living room for us and a king size bed in the bedroom. There's ample storage and closet space. There was free WiFi during our stay with excellent connection speed. The kitchenette has dishes and supplies for four people and you can do minor cooking. There's a small fridge which was very useful and a microwave and a two burner electric stove. The bathroom is decent size and has a western style toilet. It's nothing fancy but certainly adequate and clean. The shower water pressure was good.There's a very small elevator that fits three people but we took the stairs for excercise anyways. The reception desk staff all speak English and are very helpful. Our daytime recptionist(Oznur...?spelling) was an absolute gem. She was very friendly and helpful in recommending sightseeing places, booking tours, arranging taxis, etc. She solved all our problems without any difficulty and very efficiently. The cleaning service is wonderful, efficient and thorough. The location of the hotel was very good for our purposes. It was a 10minute walk to the convention center for my conference and it's a 2 minute walk to Taxim square. The metro station is on the opposite side of the hotel and you can easily get to the touristy part of the city via metro and street cars. Each ride will cost you 3Turkish Lires. It's best if you buy a pass and put money on the card as opposed to buying jetons each time. Don't make the mistake of taking a cab from the airport. There are suttle buses in front of the arrival level of the airport that take you to Taxim square(right in front of the hotel) for 10 TL a person. They go every half hour and are very reliable and cheap. We paid 120TL from the airport to the hotel the first time not having discovered the shuttles yet. The receptionist told us a cabride should cost between 50-60 lires depending on the traffic. Beware of cabdrivers taking advantage of ignorant tourists. There's tons of shopping, grocery stores and restaurents around the hotel. Do not drink tap water. You can buy large botteled water for less than 2 lires right outside the hotel. There are many exchange offices everywhere. The one that doesn't charge comission is right outside the hotel. There's also a travelagency right outside the hotel in case you have a question. There are tons of hotels in Istanbul but the rooms are usually quite small. They may have good views over the river but if the room is tiny, the view becomes ordinary after a while. We certainly enjoyed our stay at Taxim suites. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Avenue suite on the third floor. It's a corner suite and you have large windows...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Taxim S, Yönetici at Taxim Suites, responded to this review, 24 December 2015

Greetings from Istanbul

Yes like a every big cities all over the world some of the taxi driverstry to cheating the tourists in Istanbul please inform us if you realise for charging extra money from that kind of people or call the police (155) directly but dont forget to take number of plate which is written on the cab;the cost of the taxi is almost 60-65 Turkısh Lıra's from Ataturk Internatıonal Airport to the Taxim Suites in 2015.

Almaty, Kazakhstan
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Overall we were very pleased with hotel, price and location. Due to work we had to stay in Taksim Area, however I would not make this my prime choice if I would go vacation. The staff was extremely nice, especially Oznur. Even before our arrival she made sure all our request are accommodated per our specific request. However, I have noticed that we paid for avenue suite (just checked my booking) but were placed in park suite. To my dismay I only noticed that only during my check out. Please double check when checking in, that you are placed in correct room. The bathroom is a bit run down, but after all this is 2 star hotel. Location is a bit noisy and lots of construction going on. Not much for to do for kids around area, the park is little but dirty but my son did not care and had a blast playing with local kids at the playground across the steer. Overall this is good hotel as rooms have kitchenettes with fridge and mini stove, which helped me warm up breakfast and milk for my son.

• Stayed September 2013
Taxim S, Yönetici at Taxim Suites, responded to this review, 24 December 2015
Dear Valued Guest

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to find that you were satisfied with our hospitality.I would like to inform you that we renowated all the glass with double glass technology to prevent from the noise which comes from the outside.

And we are sorry for misunderstanding about arrrange your room type while you checked in to the hotel ,we promise you that we will upgrade your room for next reservation.