“Great find!”

Ranked #300 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great find!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked this hotel because of its proximity to the Istanbul Congress Center, which is a few blocks away, for a conference. The room was nice, the bathroom was awesome! There is a small frig, daily coffee or tea is complimentary. The breakfast buffet was fresh and plentiful. There are a few decent to good restaurants within a couple of blocks and multiple ATMs. Taksim square is a short walk from which you can take the funicular to the metro and get to the Old City where most of the touristy stuff is. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There was a fair amount of street noise but mostly because I opened the window. The Kebap House acr...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MerSamson
HotelKonak_Istanbul, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Konak Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing your reviews on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to hear that, you have satisfied with our amenties and service.

We will be looking forward to accommodate you with Konak Hotel hospitality for the next time.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Centrally located property. Clean rooms but a little small. Very helpful and polite staff in all departments. Breakfast buffet is good but the menu for dinner in the restaurant is limited but whatever is there on the menu is prepared well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelKonak_Istanbul, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Konak Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinions with us on Trip Advisor.

Please kindly be informed that, your advices will be shared immediately to concerned department managers.

We are looking forward to accommodate you with Konak Hotel hospitality for the next time.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is a nice little hotel. Very conveniently located in the heart of Istanbul. Taksim square and Istikal street are at a very short walking distance. The staff is very polite and helpful. A free ride from or to the ATATURK airport is included if you stay more than 3 nights. This is particularly good if you don't want to worry about using public transit to get to the hotel after a long flight. They also arranged a cab ride for me to go the airport after check out, and the porter made sure the cab driver would not charge more than he was supposed to. "Don't pay more than $55.00 lira" he said.
The food at the restaurant and breakfast buffet was really fresh and tasty.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Alejandro G
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing your opinions on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to hear that, you have satisfied with our service.

Thank you one more time and looking forward to accommodate you with Konak Hotel hospitality for the next time.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed in a standard room at the hotel while attending a conference. Location is great as it is near Taksim Square and the bustling Istiklal - a mere 5 minutes walk away. It is also situated near the Havartas bus stop from the Ataturk airport so arrival and departure by airport bus was easy. The bus stops at Point Hotel and it is just 3 to 4 minutes walk to the hotel from here.

This is a small boutique hotel with strange decor which some may find appealing. First of all, their PR staff is good as they reply very promptly when I write emails to them asking for direction from the bus stop to the hotel before I arrived. - within 20 minutes! However the reception staff can be bit difficult to communicate with and some of them do not seem helpful at all. In fact they threw in a complimentary ride to the airport on departure and even though the driver was waiting for me, the reception staff had no idea he was there. Thankfully the bell boy informed me.

They also did not allow me to check in before 2pm even though I got there at 7.30am in the morning.

My wife joined me three days later and instead of informing me that I and to pay extra, they changed the key card code to my room. We got back to the hotel after a long day and found that we could not get into the room. When I went to reception, thinking that my card was spoilt, the receptionist asked me whether I had another person in my room and that I had to pay extra. It was 20 Euros more per night but that was not the issue - I just did not like the way they did it. It would have been nice if they inform me instead of changing my key card code.

Besides that the room is quiet though even when the temperature in Istanbul is 22 degrees, the air condition was not operational. Instead the heater was switched on every time we tried to turn on the air-conditioner. In the end we had to open the windows which of course it became noisy. It would be nice if we could really have a choice between having the heater on or the air-condition on.

The room was standard though it had no tissue paper. Mineral water and coffee and tea was free and they had lovely thyme spa for the bathroom. Cleanliness is good and the cleaning staff does a nice job, cleaning the room early every day.

Breakfast is included with my room and it has a nice spread though after 6 days of the same food, it became quite tiresome.
I would stay at this hotel for the location and pleasant overall experience as Istanbul is a great city but the incidents that I mentioned makes me wonder whether it really is 4 stars as the rating on their signage claims.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank snoopyjazz
HotelKonak_Istanbul, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Konak Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing your valuable opinions on Trip Advisor.

As Konak Hotel family, our guest's satisfy is our primary object. We are deeply sorry about your unpleasant experiences. Your review has been shared with concerned department managers and will be investigating.

Thank you one more time for your kind review. We will be looking forward to accommodate you with Konak Hotel hospitality for the next time in order to make amends.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Konak is a nice hotel located walking distance from Taksim square. Our room was located on the 7th floor on the back area of the hotel in a quiet street. It had a small balcony with view of the surrounding area. It was spacious with very comfortable bed, working table, modern furniture and bathroom with big shower. Breakfast was wonderful with great variety. Delicious were the fresh simit, traditional Turkish seame bread rings. I highly recommended for everyone that like to stay in the center of Istanbul.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelKonak_Istanbul, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Konak Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your opinions on Trip Advisor.

As Konak Hotel, we do care about your our guests feedbacks in order to improve our service quality.

Thank you for staying with us and looking forward to accommodate you with Konak Hotel hospitality for the next time.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 13 March 2014

we booked a standard room but when we said that was our honeymoon they upgrade us to a superior room!!! fast check in. The room was perfect and the bathroom as well. Everything was clean and tidy. The bed amazing!!! Every day we had complimentary coffee, tea and water.
All the stuff was friendly and smiling!!! The breakfast was superb. Big selection of enerything. We enjoy to have our breakfast there!!! the buffet always clean and they replaced the food on time!!!
the location is perfect!! 5 minutes walking to taksim but without the noises that have other hotels in the area!!! i really recomend this hotel!!! it was everyhing more that we expect. we will come again for sure!! thank you konak hotel!!!

Room Tip: we stay in room 517. Our room had window to the road next to the main road. Not noise at all in the...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ROULA T
HotelKonak_Istanbul, Guest Relations Manager at Konak Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad to hear that, you have satisfied with your accommodation at Konak Hotel and enjoyed the services.

Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I didn't had a reservation in Konak Hotel, then I made a C/In firstly for 2 nights but I loved the hotel and I extanded my stay for three nights more.

We were greated welcomed by Mr Okan Vuruskaner who were very helpful and friendly. He offered me to deluxe room which were larger in size, it was something I really appreciated. Check in was very fast and smooth. We were informed with the WiFi password, so we had free access to the internet anywhere in the hotel.

The rooms were perfectly clean, comfortable and well decorated. Honestly, I had no problems whatsoever with the hotel. Especially receptionists (Mr. Serkan and Ms. Husniye) can speaks fluent English so it was very easy to communicate with them.

The location of the hotel is perfect, right in Taksim square for 5 minutes by walk, around of the hotel there are many restaurants, ATM machines, supermarkets.. etc. Right next to the hotel there is a Starbucks.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning to stay in Taksim. I would definitely stay there again.
Thank you Mr.Okan, Mr.Serkan, Ms.Husniye.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We are really appreciated for your kind review about your accommodation at Konak Hotel. Your nice comments about our team will be shared with the concerned managers.