“Wonderful hotel”
Review of Konak Hotel

Konak Hotel
Ranked #322 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Ths hotel is really exceptional. The location is wonderful, close to the Congress Center where my meeting was, with the added benefit of being close to Taksim square. The breakfast buffet and tea hour are wonderful, and the restaurant is very good also. In addition, every one of the staff I interacted with was friendly, helpful and delightful. Thank you for a great stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Patti J
HotelKonak_Istanbul, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Konak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for staying with us. It was a pleasure to serve you our best.

We are looking forward to accommodate you with Konak Hotel hospitality for the next time.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Taksim square but not in the noisy area. Wifi was good both in the room and lobby. They have tea hour at the lobby for all guests everyday. buffet was very large with tasty coffee. You can always ask for a cup of tea to one of the smiling face staff to serve on your table. I like Konak Hotel .

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for staying with us. It’s great to hear that, you have enjoyed with you stay.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Hotel Konak was very good - friendly and helpful staff and good food at breakfast and in the restaurant (which was very reasonably priced).
What did I learn in Istanbul on a business trip, with a day for sightseeing?
1. It can take an hour in traffic to get from Ataturk airport to Taksim Square in busy traffic.
2. Taxis are relatively cheap: 45-60 Turkish Lira (£12/£16 to/from) airport to Taksim; 20L from Taksim to Hagia Sofia/Blue Mosque.
3. The taxi meter is usually displayed in red digital figures on the drivers rear view mirror.
4. There are very long queues for museums, partly because of turnstiles and bag X-ray (e.g. Topkapi palace).
5. 3 and 5 day museum cards can be bought; this avoids subsequent queuing for tickets. A three day card costs 85L, but is worth it even if you don't have much time and only visit three museums.
6. The archaeological museum has stunning classical period statues and sarcophagi from the necropolis at Sidon and other places; not to be missed.
7. Get the audio guide to Hagia Sofia and spend plenty of time looking around - amazing building dating form 6th century; return the guide to the back of the kiosk, don't join the queue for people wanting to get an audio guide.
8. It took an hour to get through security at the airport on the way back to UK; you have to go through an initial security check and bag X-ray in the main concourse before you even get into booking hall.
9. Shoe shine men 'accidentally' drop their brush in front of you, gratefully offering you a shine if you draw this to their attention. They then ask some ridiculous sum in the hope that you will pay up, rather than the going rate of 1L.

1  Thank John P
HotelKonak_Istanbul, Guest Relations Manager at Konak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your kind interest in our hotel.

It's really kind of you to share your opinions about the hotel and the city on Trip Advisor with us. We are glad to hear that, you have enjoyed your stay.

As Konak Hotel Family, we always will be looking forward to accommodate you with Konak Hotel hospitality for the next time.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked this hotel because of its proximity to the Istanbul Congress Center, which is a few blocks away, for a conference. The room was nice, the bathroom was awesome! There is a small frig, daily coffee or tea is complimentary. The breakfast buffet was fresh and plentiful. There are a few decent to good restaurants within a couple of blocks and multiple ATMs. Taksim square is a short walk from which you can take the funicular to the metro and get to the Old City where most of the touristy stuff is. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There was a fair amount of street noise but mostly because I opened the window. The Kebap House acr...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MerSamson
HotelKonak_Istanbul, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Konak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing your reviews on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to hear that, you have satisfied with our amenties and service.

We will be looking forward to accommodate you with Konak Hotel hospitality for the next time.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Centrally located property. Clean rooms but a little small. Very helpful and polite staff in all departments. Breakfast buffet is good but the menu for dinner in the restaurant is limited but whatever is there on the menu is prepared well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelKonak_Istanbul, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Konak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinions with us on Trip Advisor.

Please kindly be informed that, your advices will be shared immediately to concerned department managers.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is a nice little hotel. Very conveniently located in the heart of Istanbul. Taksim square and Istikal street are at a very short walking distance. The staff is very polite and helpful. A free ride from or to the ATATURK airport is included if you stay more than 3 nights. This is particularly good if you don't want to worry about using public transit to get to the hotel after a long flight. They also arranged a cab ride for me to go the airport after check out, and the porter made sure the cab driver would not charge more than he was supposed to. "Don't pay more than $55.00 lira" he said.
The food at the restaurant and breakfast buffet was really fresh and tasty.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Alejandro G

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing your opinions on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to hear that, you have satisfied with our service.

Thank you one more time and looking forward to accommodate you with Konak Hotel hospitality for the next time.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed in a standard room at the hotel while attending a conference. Location is great as it is near Taksim Square and the bustling Istiklal - a mere 5 minutes walk away. It is also situated near the Havartas bus stop from the Ataturk airport so arrival and departure by airport bus was easy. The bus stops at Point Hotel and it is just 3 to 4 minutes walk to the hotel from here.

This is a small boutique hotel with strange decor which some may find appealing. First of all, their PR staff is good as they reply very promptly when I write emails to them asking for direction from the bus stop to the hotel before I arrived. - within 20 minutes! However the reception staff can be bit difficult to communicate with and some of them do not seem helpful at all. In fact they threw in a complimentary ride to the airport on departure and even though the driver was waiting for me, the reception staff had no idea he was there. Thankfully the bell boy informed me.

They also did not allow me to check in before 2pm even though I got there at 7.30am in the morning.

My wife joined me three days later and instead of informing me that I and to pay extra, they changed the key card code to my room. We got back to the hotel after a long day and found that we could not get into the room. When I went to reception, thinking that my card was spoilt, the receptionist asked me whether I had another person in my room and that I had to pay extra. It was 20 Euros more per night but that was not the issue - I just did not like the way they did it. It would have been nice if they inform me instead of changing my key card code.

Besides that the room is quiet though even when the temperature in Istanbul is 22 degrees, the air condition was not operational. Instead the heater was switched on every time we tried to turn on the air-conditioner. In the end we had to open the windows which of course it became noisy. It would be nice if we could really have a choice between having the heater on or the air-condition on.

The room was standard though it had no tissue paper. Mineral water and coffee and tea was free and they had lovely thyme spa for the bathroom. Cleanliness is good and the cleaning staff does a nice job, cleaning the room early every day.

Breakfast is included with my room and it has a nice spread though after 6 days of the same food, it became quite tiresome.
I would stay at this hotel for the location and pleasant overall experience as Istanbul is a great city but the incidents that I mentioned makes me wonder whether it really is 4 stars as the rating on their signage claims.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank snoopyjazz
HotelKonak_Istanbul, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Konak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing your valuable opinions on Trip Advisor.

As Konak Hotel family, our guest's satisfy is our primary object. We are deeply sorry about your unpleasant experiences. Your review has been shared with concerned department managers and will be investigating.

Thank you one more time for your kind review. We will be looking forward to accommodate you with Konak Hotel hospitality for the next time in order to make amends.