“i realy enjoied satying at surmeli”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Surmeli Istanbul

Surmeli Istanbul
Ranked #379 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Tehran, Iran
“i realy enjoied satying at surmeli”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

let me start with the staff , i should say they were great , respectful and really helpful after all , thanks to all of them.
the breakfast was perfect .
the room was very good ,clean ,nice air conditioning and comfortable bed .
i liked the hotel building , that was nice and i recommend to everyone to stay there cuz it is near sea , shopping center and nice night clubs at the seaside.
i definitely will stay there next time .

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank shayeste a
Sürmeli O, Manager at Surmeli Istanbul, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,

We would like to thank you for your staying at Surmeli Istanbul Hotel and sharing your reviews on TripAdvisor.

It was very pleasure to have you in our hotel, as our guest and we hope that you will stay with us in a near future.

Best Regards..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed here twice with a Globus tour of Turkey. Had to be transferred to a non smoking room with an ashtray and matches and tobacco smell and the most filthy and stained carpet I have even seen in a hotel then 12 days later back at hotel to different room better bathroom but equally disgusting carpet and smell. Also hotel is far from tourist area and Istanbul suffers traffic jams

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
10 Thank rosemary l
EMRE A, Ön Büro Müdürü at Surmeli Istanbul, responded to this review, 8 April 2015
Dear Surmeli Guest,
Thank you for your honest opinion to the guest satisfaction system Trip Advisor.
We are truly sorry to hear that your Surmeli Istanbul experience was not satisfactory. Our guests are our biggest asset at Surmeli.
I am not sure if your travel plans will bring you back to Istanbul in the future, I would love to recuperate your trust in Surmeli İstanbul.
Cordially,

Big Bear Lake, California, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

this is a good place to stay the staff is courtious , professional and informed, the rooms all seem to hace a good view and the breakfasr buffet is the best we had on our trips.
We found the staff eagar to please and the food good. The parking leaves a lot to be desired as there is next to none. If you stay here do not staw on a weekend on the upper floors as they rent out the lounge/breakfast room to parties and you can hear them on the top 3 floors. We stayed here twice for a period of 5 days and both times we were on the 8th or 9th floor over a weekend and the music was good but by midnight we wanted to sleep

Room Tip: Stay off the top floors on a weekend as they have parties and they go very late, that is unless you...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Janine B
EMRE A, Front Office Manager at Surmeli Istanbul, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Sürmeli Hotel Istanbul and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I was very happy to read your review and am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
In our hotel, wedding and entertainment events arranged just on the 14. floor, ends mostly arround 24:00.
Be sure that we'll be more sensitive and careful after than.
Santa Monica, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights for a business trip. Location is quite remote especislly if you have business in the old city. The closest metro stop is a good 8-12 minute walk away and along some streets with elevation. Also the variety of dining immediately near the hotel is extremely limited. The big plus for this hotel is a robust, variety-filled breakfast. You can enjoy fruit, juices, pastries, breads with great jams, meat, cheese, or even have an omelet made. Please note the hours of the breakfast as they can very depending on the weekend versus weekday. However, they do not have grab and go breakfast bags for those that have early flights. My complaint was some construction that happened during the day, smoke smelling room (when I complained about the smell and asked if I can change rooms I was told "that is not possible") and no irons or ironing boards in rooms. When I ordered an iron and it didn't come for an hour, I called again. I was told the hotel only had a select number and that it was coming. I called again, now 90 minutes after original call, and was told I was second on the list of guests requesting irons. If you are a business professional staying here, plan your ironing accordingly. Service was not what I would expect from a hotel that required a prepayment for the full stay in advance to get our corporate rate. I would have given two stars but the breakfast swayed me to three. Next year I plan to stay elsewhere.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank TravelFiend1
EMRE A, Front Office Manager at Surmeli Istanbul, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Surmeli Guest,
Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I would like to emphasize that; in order to serve you better, all the lobby ,bar ,restaurant and meeting floor ,business lounge ,business rooms and air-conditioning systems have been renovated
We are finishing soon our exterior walls isolation
Thank you for your alerts, apologize for that. It is important for us to improve our services .
I would like to express specifically, there are a lot of restourants and shopping malls around the hotel.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Hi My wife and I were at this hotel for 4 nights standard hotel room size relative to the rest of the class was smaller in terms of access to bus and subway was even fairly distant, but the staff were so lovely that one of them was named Ahmed sincerely without expecting everyone to help out even if it was not in the area of ​​aerodynamics, but the hotel was reasonable

• Stayed September 2013
EMRE A, Front Office Manager at Surmeli Istanbul, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear Surmeli Guest,
Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I was very happy to read your review and am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in this month.
I would like to emphasize that Our hotel is located in the center of the city also you can reach to the important locations such as Taksim, Maslak, Sisli, 10 min. by taxi.
Ra'anana, HaMerkaz, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

i stayed 4 nights in surmeli gayrettepe istanbul.( 22.09.2013-26.09.2013)
the hotel lobby and the dining room look super.. clean, modern and nice.
i was in standard room at the 6. floor.. regular room with good air condition system, daily sheets changing service. the carpets are dirty and some bad smell coming from the bath sometimes.
The reception very help full and also the staff in dinning room are nice and the breakfast is good. The hotel is in a good local but mostly for business men. if you are just a tourist, you need to take taxi to go to visit places, but comparing to other 5 star hotels you will see that the Surmeli is cheaper 35% .
this hotel getting renew partly and i believe in few months will be totally renew.
wish you a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: care to get room in a higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Nesim K,
Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and had a memorable visit. Please be assured that I shared your review with all of our staff. Our guests are our biggest asset at Surmeli.
I hope you come back and visit us again very soon...
Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I was lucky to be upgraded from a Business Room (which they are currently renovating) to a King Suite so I had a great time - huge room(s), private sauna etc.
I don't know what the normal room would have been like, but from what I've seen I am happy with the hotel.
Service was very good, the staff was very polite and keen to help, and the breakfast buffet is very good: lots of healthy options (Turkish vegetables/salad!) and mouth-watering little pastries.

They are currently renovating part of the hotel (still) so it was under works, and the pool was unfortunately closed as summer is over. As mentioned, I had a much better experience probably than what I might have had with my normal room due to the free upgrade to a large, clean, comfortable and modern suite, but I'm sure the normal rooms are nice as well.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank aurelia_mason
Dear Aurelia_mason,
Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay. You made our day!
I shared your review with the rest of the team, as there can be no bigger motivator than our guests' comments.
We hope you come back and visit us again "as soon as possible"- like you promised...
Best regards,