This hotel has everything it needs but can not be considered a 5 stars.
The room was big enough, clean, pretty basic but modern. Nice bathroom with big shower. A bit noisy as the hotel is located on a vary busy street, but I slept well.
What disappointed me is the service:
- disappointing car service, I had to wait 30 minutes at the airport and the driver was more a Taxi driver than a Limousine driver.
- poor checkin. No informations given about the hotel (as gym, lounges, restaurants...). Just: "this is the key, room 123, bye",
- poor breakfast, probably better for who is used to eat eggs and sausages,
- the Roof Bar: again poor service. 5 waitresses for 3 guests and still slow and difficult to get the bill.
- not all the staff at reception speak english,
- poor checkout, they forgot to reserve the Car service I asked the evening before. Got it 30 minutes late. While waiting, they did not let me enter in the breakfast area because I already did the checkout (even if the breakfast was included in the rate I already paid).
definitely, good hotel if you need to stay in that area of the city, but don't expect a 5 stars service.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Istanbul City Bosphorus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Istanbul Plaza Hotel