“Excellent Location, Friendly Service”
Review of Hotel Sapphire

Hotel Sapphire
Ranked #97 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The best thing about this hotel is its location. Only a 2 minute walk to the Gulhane tram station, which is next to the Topkapi Palace, and a leisurely 10 minute walk to Galata Bridge. Aya Sophia and the Blue Mosque is also so close, and you can actually walk to the Grand Bazaar, although it is a bit of a distance. You wont feel it though, as from the hotel to the Grand Bazaar you get to see lots of shops and fantastic atmosphere.

Staff are amazing. The counter staff go out of their way to assist you in whatever way they can. We reached the hotel at almost 3am, yet the counter staff on duty by the name of Mustapha, a very young chap, was still very cheerful and explained various things and tips on where to go.

The room was so-so, deco a bit old, and size a bit small, but I WAS warned about it by the hotel staf through email, so I cant complain. Afterall, when you ahve a city as beautiful as IStanbul, you dont really want to stay in your room, do you?

Nice restaurants around the place. We ate at NEw Hatay, just next door. Fantastic fish.

I will come back one day to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YusriSafri

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My Mum and I stayed at Hotel Sapphire for 4 nights at the end of March. The location is perfect, close to all the major tourist sights which is what we wanted on our first trip to Istanbul and meant we could get to things early before the crowds. It is also not too far from the airport which is a bonus as the traffic on the roads can be bad. The swimming pool area could do with updating but it was nice to pop in the pool and sauna after a long days sightseeing. The staff were very friendly and the buffet breakfast was enough to set you up for the day. There are lots of restaurants nearby but visit the one on the corner for really excellent food and service. Would definitely return to Hotel Sapphire on my next trip to Istanbul.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Eleanor_123Leeds
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at the Sapphire hotel for 2 nights. Prior to my arrival they were extremely responsive to emails and swiftly made all my pick up and tour arrangements. The hotel itself is in a great location, close to all of the historical sites. The staff are so friendly and helpful, they really do make all of the difference. My only disappointment is that the wifi was very weak in my room and I had to sit near the door for a connection. I would give them ten out of ten for service and location though.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I arrived early morning on the train from Romania and was made very welcome and even though I did not expect my room to be available, it was and I was very grateful. The staff were friendly and efficient. The hotel facilities were excellent. My room was very comfortable, twin beds, easy chair and table though with not much of a view and the bathroom was fine but no plug for the bath! The breakfasts were excellent. It had a minibar and flat screen TV with English speaking programmes. The wifi was terrific on the 5th floor. The hotel location is superb, it is a quiet and peaceful pedestrianised street just 100 metres to the T1 tram stop at Gulhane so handy for the Marmaray train at Sirkeci and only two stops to Galata Bridge.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank doversole
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

It's a good functional hotel in a very strategic location next to Sultanahmet and the bazaar. The tram is 2 steps away and there are many restaurants and coffee shops around it.

Rooms are not big ofcourse but not too small either. Bathroom with a very high bathtub (u climb to get in) - room has amenities and a fridge and a small wardrobe w a safe.

Breakfast can be improved - not many great choices and they close by 10.30 leaving u without hot tea.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Marays
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We booked based on previous reviews and were happy with our choice. The hotel staff were welcoming, helpful and our room was everything we expected including a small balcony with a glimpse of the water. Recommendation for a local restaurant Adora was spot on. We would stay here again. Just a note that the rooms are small but we expected that and it wasn't a problem for us.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room at the end of the corridor as they are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SandyHAustralia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Perfect location to visit Istanbul, you can easily go by foot almost everywhere. We got a cozy and perfect room. The ppl at the reception desk were just perfect: they gave us suggestions for the restaurants and the booked in advance for us!

• Stayed: November 2013