“Great hotel in a prime location and excellent service”
Review of Tashkonak Hotel

Tashkonak Hotel
Ranked #66 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We stayed for a 5 day holiday in istanbul on a first time visit. The hotel staff were more than helpful with advise on places to visit, estimated costs, which shows, restaurants or boat tours were good, and generally how to make most of our short time there. Located right behind the blue mosque, with beautiful rooms, a nice sea view for breakfast and fresh tea after a long day around the city, it was such a great place to stay... I fully recommend a visit to anyone...

1  Thank Gareth T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,477)

Reviewed 20 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel for just one night, in transit. But I know Istanbul very well - I lived there for 10 years - and know the Sultanahmet area well.

The location was quiet yet close to all you want to be close to; the room was stunningly decorated; the price was excellent; and the staff were professional and helpful.

DO NOT HESITATE to stay here, for short or longer-term stays.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank anitakuehnel
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This little hotel is better than a hostel and if you have three or more people, a much better deal. The room was neat and tidy (with A/C and heat) and the breakfast was included. Now that is where this hotel blows the hostels away! The breakfast was probably the best meal that we had in Istanbul and it was buffet style so we sat there for hours enjoying dish after dish with coffees and teas. Very nice staff that smiled all the time and the almost 360 view of the water was incredible. We could see the Golden Horn and the Sea of Marmara along with the Bosporus and all the ships lining up to come into the harbor. I would go back to this place and never leave for my whole stay in Istanbul, which I am planning on doing with my family.

Room Tip: I put down terrible for swimming pool and fitness center because they didn't have one. There is...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank earthhomes
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed for 4 nights and had a great time there. The staff are so friendly and helpful with good English. They recommended few restaurants and shows which were really good and they gave us honest review. The hotel's location is great and it's close to all the must see places... the room was clean and the breakfast is just alright..not so fantastic... overall it is a good hotel but not for romantic holiday.

1  Thank Yasaman S
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I chose this hotel because of his good price and the two way free airport transfer, two things which drew my attention, that's why I booked directly from the hotel site. Then of course I started to read the reviews about this hotel on Trip advisor and now I can say they are really true. They waited us in the airport as agreed, the journey to hotel was very fast, at the reception the staff welcomes you with a large smile, they are very nice and polite, also helpful, a good point to hotel because always kindly staff are very important to us. I had a really good impression. The room was small but very clean, in a traditional turkish way decorated, and very comfortable. We didn't had any problems with the room and we was very pleased about everything. Just a little thing which I must add, as we are smokers, we didn't know that is a completely hotel for non-smokers, the only thing that I didn't like, as I always choose a room for smokers and here we didn't find any. But if you are smoker, you can smoke on both two terraces, one of them situated near reception and the other on the roof, near restaurant. In summer can be very nice, I think. As a smoker I would recommend to hotel to have 2-3 rooms for smokers. Another good point of hotel is that they treat you with all their attention, they also offered us to change our room to a room near terrace. The breakfast was very delicious, open buffet, with coffee, milk, tea, cereals, eggs, omelette, börek, sausages, ham, olives of many kinds, cheese, fresh bread and cake, tomatoes and cucumbers, yogurt and a lot of jams. I want to thank you to the two kindly ladies from the restaurant staff, they are very very nice, and made us feel like having breakfast in a family, offered us tea in the afternoon, talked always with us, smiling and helped us to take pictures when we need. I also must speak about housekeeping, they are very nice also, they clean the rooms daily and change your towels, the hotel also offers you daily water for the fridge in your room. ( I don't know if it's extra or not, because I didn't wanted water at all). The reception staff are very nice and ready to help you, the receptionist who works in the morning I liked very much, I am sorry I don't know his name and also Ismail (of course) which is very helpful and nice, also the owners of the hotel are same, herkese selamlar, saygılar :) - (Kind regards to everybody.)
The location of the hotel is good, in Sultanahmet, near main tourist attractions, you can learn easily how to get there with some help, I didn't need help because I knew that area before. I would recommend this hotel first for his good price/quality, second for free airport transfer, and third for the nice and helpful staff that I met. If you are non-smoker, I think is the best choice in area. If they will maintain the three good points I described before, I also want to go there again.

Room Tip: They don't have rooms for smokers!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank RedRoseRo
Reviewed 14 February 2013

The hotel is welcoming and and friendly. Breakfast was great, and the front desk are willing to point out any recommendations. Transfers were cheaper than most at about 25 euro(which was worth it for a family of 5). Tramway and the attractions are about 10 mins walk away. Generally no complaints on the room, but since we were 5 adults staying, we only had 1 toilet in our 5-bedroom and the seagulls making alot of noise outside. Would stay here again, very convenient.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I chosed this hotel for it's many good reviews here on Trip advisor.
And after staying there for 5 nights I can only agree with everybody else. This hotel is great, the staff is very friendly and very helpful. You can always ask for anything and they do their best to help.
The location is great and really close to everything, if you wanna go straight up to the Blue Mosque, Top kapi, Haghia Sophia it takes 2-3 minutes. Or if you wanna go down and walk by the sea and the Bosphorus.
The breakfast is good and well enough to choose from. View is stunning over the sea, a great way to start the day!
Our room was very cozy and I had no problem with it being small. I've stayed in smaller before. And the toilet was fresh and the shower was good aswell.
No complaints on this hotel at all and next time i'm going to Istanbul, this will be my choice of hotel!

3  Thank LillKilberg