Grand Hotel de Londres
  • Room Service
Pera Arya Hotel(Istanbul)
The Peak Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsagatha christiegolden hornistiklal caddesiroof terracegalata towerbeautiful hotellondraotelirenovateluxuryolives
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Location is the best (close to Istiklal Cad., in warmer months great view over Golden Horn from terrace bar), staff are always friendly and helpful, interior is beautifully retro and website is honest about the rooms. I have been coming back regularly since 2009 and can really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I'm a solo traveller from London. My standards of choosing hotels are basically 1) safe 2) authentic(so no international chain-hotels) and this hotel fits them all--plus a high value of money. I was there last week and I was absolutely delighted. Located on the extremely vibrant Istiklal Cd the hotel is literally a door to the "other side" of Istanbul. Beyoglu is such a fantastic place with people from all over the world(like London) and a warm, casual, lively atmosphere(not like London). The hotel is full of the aroma of the good old times and is so nostalgic. Staffs are helpful and professional in every standard and they will call you taxi to the airport at a fair(<50 lila) price, better than any airport pickup services out there. Rooms are clean(even for my cheapest economy room) and spacious. The only drawback is that Istikal is quite noisy at night and parties would last to 2/3 am which inevitably results in noise in the room, but bearable anyway.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Min M
LondraOtel, Manager at Grand Hotel de Londres, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your visit to Istanbul and leaving your warm comments.

We appreciated all your comments and are happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. Especially glad to know that you enjoyed our unique location and hotel facility.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back once again in the near future.

Nur Hüzmeli

Reviewed 16 January 2014

As a NewYorker who worked and lived on pretty much all continents, this is the first time I feel the need to write a review about a hotel I stayed. It was a unique, extremely pleasant and a delightful experience. The architecture, beautiful façade, mystic interiors, friendly and sweet staff, great breakfast, unmatchable location, amazing view of the city from the terrace, the parrot in the lobby, clean rooms...Not only will I go back to this place but also would I never stay elsewhere during my Istanbul trips. My partner and I had the most romantic trip and staying at Grand Hotel de Londres added a great deal to make things that way. I highly recommend staying at this hotel and you are welcome in advance...

Chris

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms, Agatha Christie room, Orient Express room (A.C. stayed at this hotel during writing the Murder on Orient Express)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ChrisEsin
LondraOtel, Manager at Grand Hotel de Londres, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this lovely review of your stay with us. It is always great to hear such positive feedback !

I will gladly share your kind ramarks with the rest of the team.

We thank you once again for recommending us and hope to see you again next time you are in Istanbul.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Grand Hotel de Londres and I would love to stay again at the de Londres. From another era in time, the hotel was full of character not to be found in modern hotels. The attentive staff was not only helpful but was friendly to myself and my adult daughter. The view of Istanbul from the 5th floor terrace was a treat. Located very close to Istiklal Street and within walking distance to Taksim Square, the location of the de Londres Hotel was perfect. There were numerous great restaurants and shops nearby.
Reasonably priced, the hotel room was comfortable and clean although a tall traveler might find the smallish shower stall somewhat challenging.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LondraOtel, Manager at Grand Hotel de Londres, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure reading this lovely review. We would like to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on your stay with us.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the historical charm of the hotel, found the staff friendly and helpful and the location convenient for your needs.

We hope to see you and your family again in the near future!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

The hotel des londres. Is a delight, close to the action in Pera and taksim square and the Galata tower. Built in 1892, as a destination hotel for the Orient Express, it retains a cluttered romantic museum feel. The food in the Terras bar was great, with views over the Golden Horn. The wifi was a little flakey and the Tvs old but the rooms and the service were outstanding. For an Istanbul experience of past glories, it was delightful. If you want modern, western decor and a good gym, try the Hilton. If you want old world charm and romance this hotel is for you.

• Stayed: October 2013
LondraOtel, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel de Londres, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your valuable comment. It was a pleasure welcoming you while you stayed at Grand Hotel De Londres.

We are delighted to read that we were able to meet your expectations and you found our food good at Terrace Bar and location convenient.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!