“A gem of a hotel”

Ranked #387 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Los Angeles, California
“A gem of a hotel”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I am a history professor from California, taking my first trip to Istanbul. Hanedan--which I knew nothing about except what I learned on the internet--proved to be the perfect choice for my seven nights here. Hanedan is well-located within an easy walk of the major sites (a distinction it shares with dozens of small hotels in the area south of the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque); it offers airport pick-up service; it has a wonderfully friendly, knowledgeable, and multi-lingual staff; and it provides a generous and delicious Turkish breakfast (included in the price) served on the roof-top terrace with unobstructed views of the Hagia Sophia on the one side and the Bosporus on the other, The rooms (I experienced two of them over the course of my stay) are immaculate and well equipped not only with comfortable beds (I slept like a baby) but desks and nightstands with plenty of drawers, and a free-standing wardrobe. The water in the shower was always hot and fresh towels and soap appeared every day. The only sound I heard at night were the muezzins of the nearby mosques. I am writing this on my last day, having just had my last Hanedan breakfast. I will miss this place and will be certain to stay here the next time.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong. There is no elevator, so if you don't want to climb as many stairs, you...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank canilupe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
Paarl, South Africa
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The location of this hotel is great - the major tourist attractions and public transport are walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is also just around the corner of a busy street with lots of restaurants to choose from.

The décor of the hotel itself is not high-end, but for the price the rooms are very clean and has all the necessities. As with most of the European cities, the staircases are steep and may be a problem for the less mobile. Breakfast is served on the terrace with amazing views (360deg). The breakfasts were more than sufficient for our group - although the same every day, this did not bother us at all as the selection was great.

The staff was very helpful but the language barrier can be a problem at times. We stayed for 5 nights at the start of our trip and booked a single night to catch our flight the next day after travelling further on in Turkey. They missed this booking and overbooked the hotel on this last day (after confirming the booking on arrival). We were placed in another hotel which was not of the same standard. The one room was a staff room and very dirty etc. They allowed us to eat breakfast the next day at Hanedan after we requested it as the breakfast served at the other hotel was inedible. The was a disappointing end to an otherwise great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank AH_Lourens
jakarta
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Experienced 2 types of rooms in Hanedan because they had to moved us; the double room that we initially booked, and then the family room. Loved the later sooo much! Spacious ( comes in 2 separate bedrooms) and superb view from our corner windows facing directly the Bosphorus.

Receptionists are the friendliest and most welcoming people I've ever met. They go far and beyond to assist you. Just mentioned it and they will provide help anytime. The same goes for the room cleaner and the breakfast lady, they both speak very little english but were very nice.

Booking was also easy, price are wonderful considering the location, merely 5 minutes walking to Sultanahmet Square, where everything to see and experienced are located. Check in, they already know who I am before I even present my passport to them :)

The only downside is the quality of bed. I think its just being old, firmness is an issue, well at least for me, and it clearly shows. Oh, and also no elevator :(

But, its really nothing compare to the other good things this hotel can offer.

Most loved experiences in Hanedan would be the view from our room window, and breakfast with a view! Loved to go back there one day. Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jkt_traveller
Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have stayed here for a nights.
The staff is always smiling and so helpful.

The room is clean.
I can use wifi and hot water too.

The view from terrace is so nice.
I spent happy time in this hotel.

If I can go to Istanbul again, I would stay this hotel.
I realy appreciate with them.

こちらで1泊しました。
3連泊したい旨を伝えると、予約でいっぱいだったため、系列店である真向かいにあるペニンシュラを紹介され、そちらで2泊しました。
単純に部屋のキレイさなどで比較するとペニンシュラの方がいいホテルではありましたが、スタッフのホスピタリティではこちらの方が好みでした。

バスルームもちゃんと清潔にされていましたし、しっかりとお湯も使えました。タオルは毎日変えてくれました。アメニティとしては石鹸だけだったのでシャンプーや歯ブラシ等は持参した方が良いです。

一人での利用でしたが、ダブルベットの部屋で(たぶんダブルベットの部屋しかない)追加料金などは特にとられませんでした。

朝食は無料で用意されており、食堂で8時~11時まで自由に食べることができます。内容はパンとチーズ、野菜、フルーツ、シリアル、ジャムやデザート、飲み物も用意されており満足のいく朝食をとることができます。テラス席からの眺めも非常に良く天気のいい日はテラスでのんびりと過ごせます。

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Had a great stay at Hanedan Hotel while visiting Istanbul in December. The airport pickup/dropoff service was very convenient and well priced and the hotel itself was lovely. The staff was incredibly kind and helpful. The location was excellent and within walking distance from most of the major sights. I would definitely recommend the Hanedan Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nadia A
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Staff, location and breakfast were excellent; the facilities are excellent for the price. First, the staff. Masallah and Sezgin go out of their way to help. I asked lots of question regarding tours, transportation, places to visit, ways to save money. No problem. They are easy to understand and fun to talk to. They treated me like a good friend. Food-the breakfast is very nice and so are the people working there. The location-tricky to find the first time, but in a perfect location and we felt very safe. The hotel itself was way better than we expected for the price. Very comfortable and up to date. I can't say enough nice things about staying here!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marc475
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Two of us stayed for 7 nights in March 2014. This place was just perfect. Down a quiet street. Nice, clean rooms. Fabulous roof-top area with terrific continental buffet breakfast. Imagine sitting in the sun eating all you like while watching the ships and the dolphins go by on the Sea of Marmara below.

Nice and central for all the top sights: Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque etc., and an endless choice of nearby eateries.

Staff - what can I say? So friendly, welcoming, helpful - they will book anything you want.

Definitely one to go back to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the sea - this will be quieter than those on the front of the building, w...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Istanbul
Hotel Peninsula
#308 of 1,149 in Istanbul
Premist Hotel
Premist Hotel
#42 of 1,149 in Istanbul

Been to Hanedan Hotel? Share your experiences!