“Average”
Review of Marble Hotel

Marble Hotel
Ranked #1,011 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Not as I expected.The bed mattress hurt me and needs to be renewed.The location and room view was excellent .I would think twice before staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Mohamed M

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stayed here for three nights in May, did not book it myself but got a package with a tour agency. I guess the entire hotel is booked by tour agencies and it shows - it is plain to see they do not put much effort in maintenance or customer satisfaction as there will always be some gullible tourist brought in by an agency.

It is somewhat clean, in a good are to explore the city, breakfast is very good (the only thing I was happy about), but I felt I was stuck in the 70's.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2012

very good location as it is very near to taksim square..but very very very small rooms and the a/c wasnt good...breakfast is good but not excellent..my opinion is that the stay near taksim must not be more than 3 nights then explore other areas in istanbul

Room Tip: all rooms are same..but try to be in higher floor to avoid noise
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank celio101
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel around 2 years ago, and now that I wanted to go back to istanbul and looking for a place to stay, it all came back to me.
If you are lucky enough to get a room in higher floors with the sea view you might enjoy it. But they put us in a lower floor room facing the street (it's a very busy street, and it is busy till 3/4 am). we visited istanbul during the summer and it was pretty hot at the time, and to our surprise the air conditioner was not working, so we had to leave the window open. You can imagine how it feels being in a hot room with a lot of noise from outside (I remember there was a club just beside the hotel with very powerful speakers which you could hear the music even from outside). None of us could get enough sleep and we were dragging ourselves out in the city the next morning.

We told the staff but they were just saying we cannot fix the AC and there is no other room available, there will be one available tomorrow. The next day the same thing happened and also the day after. We went there with a Tour, so we told the tour leader about the situation and asked her to change our hotel and we will pay the difference. When she called the Marble hotel and brought up the issue, they said we have many free rooms available and we have told them they can move to a better room already !!!!!!?!?!!? And when we went back they moved us to a new room. It was facing the street but with AC available and windows closed it was way better than the first room they gave us.

The fact that they did know about the situation, had rooms available and bs us is not acceptable at all, and made the first three day of our trip a nightmare (we stayed there for a week, so half of it was not even close to fun).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank antimoan
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I stayed in this hotel on August 2012.

When I arrived at the hotel the check in was easy and quick, front desk employees were nice and friendly.

first impression about the room was good, it is not big or small, my room view was not great looking at another hotel so I had to keep my curtains closed all time to protect my privacy.

The AC was not bad but it was too slow, it took nearly 20 minutes until it cooled the room.

TV was an old CRT TV , the remote control was not working and the channels variety was not really good.

The safe inside the room was not working but I did not care much about these details because I read the reviews about the hotel before arriving and I didn't complain to the hotel employees because I read in the reviews that usually they won't do much to solve these complaints.

Hotel location is very good, 3 minutes away from Takseem square and Metro station, 2 minutes away from Istiklal street.

My room was very close to the elevator and this is a very bad thing, I woke up several times when people made noise while waiting for the elevator or coming out of it.

breakfast is very good and the restaurant staff is very polite and friendly. The restaurant itself is very beautiful with a magnificent Bosphorus view.

There is an exchange office under the hotel and a big super market few seconds away.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not close to the elevator
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank maybemarsguy
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my wife and 14 months baby for 7 nights, the good thing is that they provided baby coat in which my daughter didn't like and insisted to sleep with us on the bed :)
The Air condition in this hotel is a nightmare!! specially if the weather is very hot just like what we experienced, the room size was good and the breakfast was also very good the only problem that same types repeat everyday.

overall, the hotel is average in all terms

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2012

first of all to set your expectations right the hotel is 3 stars not 4 like they advertise for it, its location is very nice in taksim square, 1 min. walking to istiklal street and there is local restuarants every where, and also there is a mini market directly infront of the hotel's door so if u remembered that u want somthing to buy late at night or after u returned from a long exhausting day it will be very easy for u to getwhat u want from that market. i had BB reservation so i only tried breakfast and it was realy good and delecious the staff are friendly and helpful, the bad things are: the TV is ancient 14" with little channels to watch, the A/C is realy bad (thank god i was there is May with still good weather) there is no views from the window at all, my window was over looking a building where i can seewhat each and every one is doing in there so they can see u as well. other than that it is realy good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family