SuB Karakoy
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$61
  • Breakfast included
Regie Ottoman Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$141
  • Breakfast included
Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$127
US$118
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$148
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$840
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgalata bridgeistanbul modern museumboutique hotelrooftop barold towntram stoplocation is greatbars and restaurantsminute walkrooms are comfortablewalking distanceturkish breakfasttourist attractionsstreet noisepublic transportationtaksim squarevery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Looking for a cool place in the rapid changing Katakoy, this is a real option. Don't be fooled by the simple industrial design, this hotel is sophisticated and takes care of its guests. The buffet breakfast is top notch as is the restaurant. This is a terrific area to stay in Istanbul. Hip, chic and fun. Many restaurants in the area. Close to historical areas by tram and away from it so your stay is more local not touristic.

Room Tip: Istanbul is a busy city with lots of noise. Getting a room off the street may be wise for light sleepers. Great options for families as they have Family rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank GlobalVoyager80
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My girlfriend and I have just spent 4 nights at the Sub in Istanbul and I have to say that it has been really nice.
The location is good because you are not far from everything.
The rooms are nice..however do not expect luxury. I have to say that if you are used to sleep in a quite place please ask for the rooms that are not on the street side because they are kind of noisy. We asked to change and the staff moved us the day after without any problems
The breakfast is nice...good variety of choice.
Save the best for last...THE STAFF !!! very nice, helpful and friendly staff..always happy to help

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I only stayed for one night but it was a really good experience.
The hotel is not big but is cosy, comfortable and with an original design.
Room was simply great, big enough, very clean, with a very comfy bed and an imaginative bathroom.
Breakfast was very good, with many options.
Location is very central because in less than 5-10 minutes you are in Galata Bridge.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My friend and I stayed here last month. I cannot say enough about how wonderful this hotel is. The people who work here are some of the kindest, most gracious around, and you can tell they truly enjoy helping visitors out, giving us directions and suggestions, carrying bags, serving food - everything they do is done with genuine pride and kindness.

The hotel itself is adorable - the lobby / dining room is really comfortable and welcoming. It was a great place to just sit and have coffee while catching up on things via free wifi. Decor is modern/hip/eclectic, while remaining cozy.

Let's talk about the morning breakfast. Normally, when a hotel in the States or elsewhere offers free breakfast, I try it once, find it mediocre and depressing, and never do it again. Not here. We made sure to get breakfast every. single. day. Fresh breads, the freshest cheeses, fruit, olives, yogurt, honey, jams - and you're offered eggs however you want them and a different, lovely dessert with every meal. And wonderful juices and coffee.

The location is perfect - in Karakoy, walking distance across the bridge to the Old City and also up to Galata / Taksim and all that. Public transportation is also just a couple blocks away (but we're city people and do a lot of walking), and cabs are easy to catch as well. (Whoever says this is a bad location either expected to be next door to the Blue Mosque or right off Istiklal. Seriously, what the hell, cheesy tourist?)

If you can't handle any kind of disturbance during your sleep, I'd request a room away from the minaret across the street, if that's possible. The first call to prayer happens at about 5:45 a.m., and it surprised us - haha. Other than that, the beds were comfortable and there was a lot of excellent lighting and sockets for us to plug in our various electronics. The rooms even come with little clip lights for reading in bed - how cute is that?

My friend and I canceled our trip to the Princes' Islands and extended our stay at the Sub -- that's how much we loved it. We spent our last few days in the Old City, but when I come back, I'm not even going to do that - I'd just stay at the Sub the entire time. I LOVE YOU, SUB HOTEL!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Inspired to write first TripAdvisor review. My wife and I stayed here with our 2 children (age 6 & 9) a few weeks ago and can't say enough about this place. Great atmosphere, very convenient location, and tremendously helpful and warm staff -- Nil and Muhammed in particular were real stand-outs. And the family suite room -- 2 adjoining rooms -- works really well. Was a great capstone to an incredible trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family