“Very friendly staff!”

Ranked #34 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
London
“Very friendly staff!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed for a long weekend, first time in Istanbul. The hotel has a very convenient location as it is just a minute walk to the tram station which takes you to the main sightseeing spots within 10-15 mins. Breakfast is lovely with made to order eggs and pancakes, etc. I am so impressed with all the hotel staff, all really friendly throughout our stay, helpful, offered good advice and gave us a homely feel. Very happy stay.

Room Tip: Our "twin room" had a double bed and a small single bed by the window.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was very lucky to stay at this beautiful hotel that is both luxuries and hype. Rooms are very comfortable and very silent (we stayed on the first floor), we slept like a baby. The staff and owners were very friendly and helpful. No need to mention its location.. You will not regret.. I am already telling everyone to go to Istanbul and stay at SuB Karakoy.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I can't so enough positive things about the SuB in Karakoy. Amazing breakfasts, incredibly kind and thoughtful staff, help with everything from umbrellas to recommendations for food and sights in Istanbul and even elsewhere in Turkey. The hotel is beautifully designed, the location is great (easy access to the old city, as well as great local restaurants and Itzlikal)...I never write reviews, but the staff was so great I felt compelled to gush.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 4 June 2014

First of all the check in process was so fast, the room was ready before we arrive.All the staff was so polite and friendly.The most beautiful parts of the hotel the bed was so comfortable as they mention it near to the bed ,secondly the breakfast was amazing, everything was home made. The coffee that they were using julius meinl which is one of my favorite coffee. Also the hotel's location is great. You arrive to the quay by 5 minute walking. The guest profile was also great, most of the guest were foreign and polite. The most impressive part of this short vacation is while we were leaving they gave us little present which was small peanut butter bottles. I mentioned that I love their peanut while we were making breakfast. But I did not expect them to give us as a complimentary gift.They were just amazing, I would recommend this super hotel to everyone!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 May 2014

... and it's the staff. Yes, it's a great location in a hot neighborhood. Yes, the design is great. Yes, the breakfast is outstanding. But all of that pales in comparison to the people. I've stayed at a lot of hotels in the area, and many were nice, but this is the one that I keep coming back to time after time. They were great to me the first time and they've been great to me every time since. If you're coming into Istanbul for pleasure and want to be a part of the hottest neighborhood revival with a friendly and knowledgeable staff, this is your place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Amazing hotel with ecellent staff... Very friendly and helpfull staff... The breakfast was very good and we enjoyed it every day.. If we come back to Turkey we will come back there for sure.. Highly recommended

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I am a cruise visitor and this hotel is very close to the port. As i was finding somewhere to exchange money and I went to this hotel. Even I am not a real custom there. The reception staff was very helpful and kind to us. He provided us free map and best route to visit Istanbul and invited us to drink something there . And I felt very touching . The hotel is small but warm and homely.I saw the breakfast there are nice. Its located at a new aera but it's close to the metro.Very silence but covinence place .If I have chance to visit Istanbul. I must be there again . Highly recommend.