“Close to Everything. Clean and Comfortable.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aren Suites

Aren Suites
Ranked #40 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
New Jersey, United States
“Close to Everything. Clean and Comfortable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

My family and I stayed at the Aren Suites for 5 wondeful nights. We had a room on the 5fth floor facing the Marmara Sea. I had requested sea view when I made the reservation months in advance. The view was spectacular. The room itself was large enough for our fmaily of 4. I had requested a crib ahead of time and when we entered the room the crib was already there. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Elevator was little small but we only felt that because we had a stroller and 4 year old with several bags with us each time we went out. The best part of this hotel is the location. From the terrace you can see the Blue Mosque. It is an excellnt view of the Blue Mosque and Marmara Sea. Our room also had a nice jetted tub which was great after being on your feet all day. The tub did work, unfortuantely being with the kids we did not get a chance to try it out.

Breakfast is from 6-10 each morning. Continental Breakfast is served. Juice, Cereals, Breads, etc. On the first day we were there it was a little crammed in the breakfast area, it became kind of hard to maneuver around, but then again we had 2 small children. You can always takes your breakfast up to the terrace.

The walk to the Blue Mosque is maybe 7-10 minutes. Aya Sofia is another a few minutes. Arast Bazaar, Hippodrome, a variety of restaurants were all close by. As a parent with 2 little kids, I would stay here again.

I hope I didn't miss anything, but each night when we would come back to our room it was always clean. Housekeeping did a great job with maintaining the property and room. I wish they would have a small restaurant/cafe on site. It would be great to have some pastries/coffee in the evenings with the Blue Mosque backdrop. Awesome weather made the stay all the more worththile.

Room Tip: Rooms on 5th floor with a sea view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Samina-A
Dear valued guest
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Mehmet Sumengen | General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Baku
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Walking distance from historical sites (Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace), Archeological museum, Gulhane park. There are few restaurants and cafe around. Amazing view of sea and city from terrace where you can have a tea any time of day or take a breakfast served on the first floor. Breakfast is good as well as service. Clean room, comfortable bed, quiet location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed here in the Easter holidays with our two children in one of the quad superior rooms. The room on the 3rd floor was comfortable and clean but didn't have a view. However, the view from the roof terrace made up for that. The hotel is a 5 min walk to the historical Sultanahmet area which was perfect for us. We popped back to our hotel every afternoon for a break. The hotel serves tea, coffee and cake every day, which was appreciated. The area is quiet and feels very safe. Lots of restaurants nearby and a little market at the corner for convenience. Free wifi worked well and staff was helpful and smiling. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank martinapope
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Excellent choice for stay in Istanbul. Staff is very polite and helpful, location is perfect - 5 minutes away from Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque. Hotel has terrace on the roof top with amazing view of the sea where you can have your breakfast. I would chose this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank AidaSunshine
HTown, HI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have nothing but great things to say about Aren Suites! When I arrived, I was greeted with a warm welcome, the staff were expecting me and already knew my name. The check in process was swift and was followed by a quick overview of the area surrounding the hotel by the manager. He asked what I was interested in doing and used a map to help me get around. I was taken up to my room with my bags and was given a tour of how things worked in the room and such. It was so great! After I thanked the bell man, I discovered on the table a bottle of chardonnay along with a hand written card welcoming me to the hotel! How amazing! The room was in great condition, everything was clean, the bathroom was immaculate. I was super impressed. I went up to the rooftop terrace to go check out the view, that was incredibly amazing. It was cold and windy so I didn't stay up for too long. The next day I went downstairs for breakfast which I found to be robust of great selections. There was juice, coffee, breakfast pastries, cheese, eggs, sausage, salads, cereal, tea, and the list goes on and on. The staff attending to the breakfast were attentive to the area, and I was just impressed with the offerings.

The area around the hotel was easy to navigate with the map they provided me. I walked mostly around the area, And then realized that the tram was super easy to get on and get off! Don't be afraid to venture around using the trams, or even the ferries that can take you to Taksim or to the Asian side of Turkey. I found it quite baffling at first, but then realized how easy it was.

The hotel arranged for private pick up for me to and from the airport, which was prompt, and friendly. Highly reliable.

Again, I have nothing to say but great things about this hotel. I'd like to thank all the staff and management of this hotel for an amazing stay. When I return to Istanbul, I will definitely come back and stay here!

Room Tip: There are five floors, all accessible via lift or stairs. Choose a higher room if you want quicker a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Excellent choice: perfect location just a few minutes away from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia also great view from the hotel's terrace. the staff was very friendly and helpful. Definitely will return here on my next trip to Istanbul.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

My mother and I stayed at Aren Suites for a quick trip to Istanbul. It was in a great location, was within walking distance to all of the main sites to see in the Old City/Sultanamet(?) area. The rooms were nice and clean, the bathrooms were great (whirlpool tubs)....and the staff was amazingly helpful. The rooftop terrace was out of this world. You had views of the Bosporus AND the Blue Mosque. We took tea up there one afternoon and it was amazing. For the price, I'd stay there again and recommend it to my friends. The only thing I'd do differently is to get a higher floor. We were on the ground floor and it was kinda (expectedly so) loud.

Stayed March 2014