“Very, good with outstanding view over the Bosphorus” 5 of 5 bubbles

Belli
Ranked #670 of 13,290 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
England
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very, good with outstanding view over the Bosphorus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

The view from this restaurant is splendid, such a great place to sit as the sun goes down with a nice meal and a glass of wine in hand! We spend a lot of time in Istanbul for work and when we arrived this time an old Turkish friend of ours took us straight out to dinner at this place and we were delighted to find somewhere new that locals go to. From the outside it is deceptive as it looks just the same as many of the less than inviting restaurants, however if you go right to the back of the restaurant the terrace is a wonderful spot. We ate a range of mezzes which were excellent followed by Kofte and meat shish. I am told the fish is good here too so we will drop by another time while we are here on this trip to try the fish. The owner specially buys seasonal fresh produce. Also the toilets were spotless, I havent seen a cleaner loo in Turkey which I always think reflects on the kitchen.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jeancaprio

• Turkish first
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Lack of Turn Over?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Friendly staff, but the food did not seem fresh, perhaps due to lack of turnover as many of the restaurants seemed to be struggling for clients.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Nick B
London, United Kingdom
“So many restaurants to choose”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

With so many restaurants to choose from this one was a disappointment for us. The service was friendly but the food was no better than average - dry sliced bread, soggy chips, oversized salads and beer served at the table from cans! The Sea Bream fish and grilled lamb were however OK.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Gojohniego
Toronto, Canada
“Delicious food. More locals than tourists!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

We came here on our last night in Istanbul as a recommendation from our hotel. Great dinner! Turkish staples such as mezes and kepaps, and of course great Turkish bread!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Roxanna C
Erbil
“good choice for late night dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

This restaurant is is a few buildings down from where I stay while visiting Istanbul, so I went because it was convenient. They stayed open late even though were were the only diners there. During my one-week stay, I ate here three times. One night all I wanted was a large plate of french fries with ketchup and I got it. I loved it.

• Visited February 2013